• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2nd committee poll

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't happen. They might could actually beat Oklahoma once, but not twice, which is what they would need to do in order to get into the playoffs.
Here's what would be the shits...and don't laugh, Baylor's performances indicate this is possible.

Beat OU
Beat Texas
Go to Lawrence, Kansas and lay an egg!

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 0.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what would be the shits...and don't laugh, Baylor's performances indicate this is possible.

Beat OU
Beat Texas
Go to Lawrence, Kansas and lay an egg!

That possibility has occurred to me. That would be the most Bayloriest thing ever, hence...it's almost a certainty if they get to 11-0

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd argue the committee loves the Big 12. They have five ranked teams, and three of them have three losses already. It would seem to me the committee believes in their strength, but needs to see more from Oklahoma. They know that they have plenty of tests remaining, while Oregon and Utah have none.

Both Oregon and Utah have an opponent remaining rated higher than any of Oklahoma or Baylor's upcoming opponents.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd argue the committee loves the Big 12. They have five ranked teams, and three of them have three losses already. It would seem to me the committee believes in their strength, but needs to see more from Oklahoma. They know that they have plenty of tests remaining, while Oregon and Utah have none.
Yeah, it sure looks like the committee likes the overall strength of the Big 12 but acknowledges there aren't really any elite teams. The must really like Texas, Okie Lite and K-State's losses for all of them to be ranked. Like lower ranked versions of Auburn and Florida.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I agree. I guess Oklahoma can get that big win against Baylor but beating the #23 team isn't going to do a whole lot for you. Basically they are saying the Big 12 isn't top heavy...that isn't a good thing thoughg. Now, I don't think the PAC is that strong either so...Oklahoma and Oregon/Utah could be a good debate if those were left for the #4 spot.

Utah has been more dominant in their wins you could say overall to this point. Oklahoma would have more ranked wins but Utah would have the best win overall if they beat Oregon. Utah with the better defense, Oklahoma with the better offense. It would be interesting.

Oklahoma just needs to start blowing teams out and do it impressively, I kinda think they need to do what Ohio St did in 2014 to an extent to start impressing the committee. They will have big games late but they need to do more than squeak out wins imo bc the CFP committee doesn't seem to be big on Baylor.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That possibility has occurred to me. That would be the most Bayloriest thing ever, hence...it's almost a certainty if they get to 11-0
Yep...and the Racing Form indicates it could happen. Played well against the likes of Okie Lite, Iowa State and K-State but looked pedestrian against Tech, WV and TCU.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Oregon and Utah have an opponent remaining rated higher than any of Oklahoma or Baylor's upcoming opponents.

Oklahoma could have 3 ranked teams left. The PAC would have that CCG - which would be better than of Oklahoma's wins. It would be a good debate.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Twelve is going to eat its own. The two top teams right now play this weekend and will likely face off in the CCG. They run the risk of splitting those games, but even if one team swept it won't really move the needle. Baylor also has a dangerous game with Texas and Oklahoma has Bedlam.
That's my point. There are several big moves that Oklahoma can make over these final few weeks. They have Baylor, they have Bedlam, and then they have what could be another matchup with Baylor again. That's a much more impressive resume than Oregon's one ranked win.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's the point. They both have an opponent. As in one. And that's assuming both win out.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it sure looks like the committee likes the overall strength of the Big 12 but acknowledges there aren't really any elite teams. The must really like Texas, Okie Lite and K-State's losses for all of them to be ranked. Like lower ranked versions of Auburn and Florida.
Fair comparison. I think if OU wins impressively over Baylor and Oklahoma State, they will rise a few spots without question, which they should.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 0.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's the point. They both have an opponent. As in one. And that's assuming both win out.

Although none of their remaining opponents are ranked, it's not a certainty that they will both win out. Oregon is already in but if Utah loses and Southern Cal wins out, it'll be the Trojans in the PACCG.

Baylor and Oklahoma are certain to face a top 15 team this weekend, and possibly again at the CCG.

But if I'm the committee, I like a one-loss Oregon or Utah over a one-loss Baylor.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile, OU has no elite teams remaining on its schedule. None. As in Zero.
Neither Oregon nor Utah is elite, don't be an idiot. Utah is the product of a painfully weak schedule with no ranked teams (best win is a narrow one over 6-4 Washington), and Oregon blew it against the one ranked team they faced. Oklahoma beating Baylor, Oklahoma St., and whoever they face in the Big 12 CCG will be more impressive than both Utah and Oregon's entire season's resume.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither Oregon nor Utah is elite, don't be an idiot. Utah is the product of a painfully weak schedule with no ranked teams (best win is a narrow one over 6-4 Washington), and Oregon blew it against the one ranked team they faced. Oklahoma beating Baylor, Oklahoma St., and whoever they face in the Big 12 CCG will be more impressive than both Utah and Oregon's entire season's resume.

The committee disagrees with you.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair comparison. I think if OU wins impressively over Baylor and Oklahoma State, they will rise a few spots without question, which they should.
Not so sure. I'm not convinced there is much difference between #1 and #6 in the Big 12....maybe even further down than that. They are all decent but none head and shoulders above the rest. I mean look at Texas Tech as an example. Baylor needs officiating help to beat Tech. Tech loses to Kansas.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where does the committee say 0regon or Utah are Elite??? LMFAO dumbest argument in the world right here. Elite teams dont have losses.
Do Bama and Georgia know this? :heh:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so sure. I'm not convinced there is much difference between #1 and #6 in the Big 12....maybe even further down than that. They are all decent but none head and shoulders above the rest. I mean look at Texas Tech as an example. Baylor needs officiating help to beat Tech. Tech loses to Kansas.
I think that even furthers my point. The committee thinks #s 3-5 in the Big 12 are worth of a top 25 ranking, so the confidence in the conference is there. I'm not saying beating Kansas will move the needle, but if they go out and win impressively against teams the committee has ranked, I think they jump up quickly.