• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

29 year old Kobe vs 29 year old LeBron. Who you got?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People forget when the Raps were kicking LA's ass & Kobe put the team on his back & he single handedly carried them to a win with an amazing 81 point performance.

True.

I like Lebron's size and skill set better.

But, their heart is not the same.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade was awesome in the Dallas series. Better then Lebron. So don't see who stepping on Wade's toes is helping them beat Dallas.

Because in the 4th quarter of those games, Lebron disappeared. That's why D-Wade took a step back beginning the next season. He knew Lebron was the better player and that in order to win, Lebron needed to be the #1 option. The result was 2 more titles.

Kobe wouldn't have been willing to lose a finals series waiting for Wade's permission, he'd have just stepped up.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron = Pippen
In more ways than most people will ever admit. Lebron is the more talented athlete and the better offensive player, but past that they are nearly identical. They are both amazingly talented all-around players from the SF position that really have very few flaws in their game.

Pippen just does not get much credit because he had MJ playing alongside him. Pippen though in the 1 and a half seasons without Jordan was by far the star of the team. He even nearly carried them to the Conference Finals the year after Jordan left.

22.0 Pts, 8.7 Reb, 5.6 Ast, 2.9 Stl, 0.8 Blk, .491 FG%
That was from the 93-94 Season when he did not have Jordan. Pippen was the star and they finished 55-27. This was during Pippens 7th season and at 28 years old.

Lebron's 7th season and last in Cleveland
29.7 Pts, 7.3 Reb, 8.6 Ast, 1.6 Stl, 1.0 Blk, .503 FG%

Lebron at 28, Heat won the Finals this year
26.8 Pts, 8.0 Reb, 7.3 Ast, 1.7 Stl, 0.9 Blk, .565 FG%

Clearly Lebron is a more efficient scorer and puts up more points a game, but Scottie was only the focal point of a team for 2 years. There is a reason those Bulls teams won 6 titles. They basically had Kobe and Lebron in there primes playing on the same team.

Obviously Jordan>Bryant and Lebron>Pippen, but it's not by some huge margin. The Bulls had two of the most talented players the game will ever see, and once Jordan came back and they added one of the greatest low post defenders and rebounders the game has ever had to that combination they went 72-10.

Jordan, Pippen, and Rodman >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lebron, Wade, and Bosh. There is simply no arguing that the Heats Big Three are a bit overrated compared to other star player combinations we have seen over the years. Magic, Kareem, and Worthy were pretty good themselves in the 80's. I'd say Allen, Garnett, and Pierce for a few years there were likely better as well simply because they meshed together on the floor in a more efficient way.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this thread a sign, that the Kobe vs Lebron threads are coming back?

tnerb57

Rams 50+ Club Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he isn't.

People forget that the Bird/Magic era was so special because they reached the top of the mountain against EACH OTHER.

I am a Lebron fan and think he will go down as a top 10 Alltime great, once it's all said and done.

But, you really have to grade today's players on the curve because of the level of competition.

Take Howard for example.

He is clearly the best Center, statistically, currently in the NBA.

But, look at him from a historical standpoint.

He doesn't even sniff Mourning status, let alone Shaq, Wilt and the Dream.

Same with Lebron.

He is head and shoulders above the rest.

But, he can't touch the Larry Legends, Magic's, Jordan's because they did it against each other and his closest competition is Kevin Durant/Paul George who would be the Reggie Miller and Clyde Drexler of the earlier era.

I would add Tim Duncan to that last line, so Lebron has a chance to say, and have it said, that he performed against all-time greats someday.

tnerb57

Rams 50+ Club Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way in hell Bird was better then Kareem.

Kareem won his first title on a very good Bucks team that also featured the Big O.

Didn't win his next one until Magic happened along.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would add Tim Duncan to that last line, so Lebron has a chance to say, and have it said, that he performed against all-time greats someday.

Yes.

Best PF ever.

tnerb57

Rams 50+ Club Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kareem won his first title on a very good Bucks team that also featured the Big O.

And let it be known that I'm a HUGE Kareem fan. All that way from his days at UCLA.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take Howard for example.

Man I don't know that any Center in the history of the game has been more skilled than the Dream. You have guys like Wilt and Shaq that were able to effect a game like no other with their size, but Hakeem had maybe the best low post game you will ever see.

If you're 6'8+ and want to get better on offense just watch film of Hakeem Olajuwon and learn to mimic his moves.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nerb,

Now that I think about it, Duncan may need to be moved up a rung on the ladder considering he beat "fresh out of the box", Lebron and " in his prime ", Lebron.

But, Bron did get one against him last Season and that has to count for something:noidea:.

tnerb57

Rams 50+ Club Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I don't know that any Center in the history of the game has been more skilled than the Dream. You have guys like Wilt and Shaq that were able to effect a game like no other with their size, but Hakeem had maybe the best low post game you will ever see.

If you're 6'8+ and want to get better on offense just watch film of Hakeem Olajuwon and learn to mimic his moves.

Mimic was a good word choice, because its doubtful anyone will ever duplicate his moves. Kind of like duplicating the Sky Hook.

tnerb57

Rams 50+ Club Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nerb,

Now that I think about it, Duncan may need to be moved up a rung on the ladder considering he beat "fresh out of the box", Lebron and " in his prime ", Lebron.

But, Bron did get one against him last Season and that has to count for something:noidea:.

There's a little bit of a Bird/Magic flair there, just without the fanfare. Probably due to the personalities of the current combatants.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And Bird won his 3 titles by himself?

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cmon Bird wasn't exactly playing with scrubs. The 86 Celts team might be the best team of all time.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was that Footwork that he gained from being a Soccer Player.

I agree.

Those other guys have brute strength on their side.

But, the Dream made them all look silly on several occasions :laugh3:.

As a Navy gal, it was mandatory that I was a fan of The Admirals.

So, after watching Dream put him in the popcorn machine, it caused a fracture in our relationship:L.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he isn't.

People forget that the Bird/Magic era was so special because they reached the top of the mountain against EACH OTHER.

I am a Lebron fan and think he will go down as a top 10 Alltime great, once it's all said and done.

But, you really have to grade today's players on the curve because of the level of competition.

Take Howard for example.

Same with Lebron.

He is head and shoulders above the rest.

But, he can't touch the Larry Legends, Magic's, Jordan's because they did it against each other and his closest competition is Kevin Durant/Paul George who would be the Reggie Miller and Clyde Drexler of the earlier era.

Did you compare Durant to Reggie and Clyde????

Kobe, Shaq, Duncan, Wade, and Dirk are all time greats during Lebron's era. Durant will probably be one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll be right on the heels of the next wave of Brady vs Manning debates.

We had that one last night.

Surprisingly, it didn't end in a knife fight :fencing:

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends. In the first three quarters I go Lebron. In the fourth I go Kobe.