• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

29 year old Kobe vs 29 year old LeBron. Who you got?

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the laughable part was saying since James was 21.

Kobe without a top center is no better than James at 21. Shaq's dominance covered Kobe's many shortcomings.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe. He flat out took over games.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe never saw a shot he didn't like.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take Lebron because he is so physically imposing and can change the game in more ways than scoring.

But, their heart is not the same.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is the most clutch player in the league and a team player. What else is there?

Lebron and clutch should never be used in the same statement. Watch Game 6, or really any game, of the recent NBA Finals. Lebron came out rolling in the 1st quarter and put up 17 points. He managed 14 the rest of the game. That 31 point end stat looked like he was the only one on the Heat doing anything, but he did over half of that in the 1st quarter. He pretty much mailed it in after half time and never put forth the same effort to keep the Heat in the game that he did in the 1st.

It's not just that game either, but it's a good example. Lebron throughout his career has never been the type of guy to dominate a game in crucial moments. He can dominate throughout a game with his all-around skills, but he is not that great at flipping the switch into a 1 man force when the game calls for it.

While you can argue that Lebron is a better all-around talent than Kobe you can not argue Lebron is a more dangerous threat to go off in a game. Teams feared an in his prime Kobe Bryant in the 4th quarter. They don't have the same fear of Lebron during that time of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe all damn day. He's the last who has a Michael Jordan-type killer instinct.

MJ > Kobe > Dr. J > George "Iceman" Gervin > 'Nique > Lebron

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron and clutch should never be used in the same statement. Watch Game 6, or really any game, of the recent NBA Finals. Lebron came out rolling in the 1st quarter and put up 17 points. He managed 14 the rest of the game. That 31 point end stat looked like he was the only one on the Heat doing anything, but he did over half of that in the 1st quarter. He pretty much mailed it in after half time and never put forth the same effort to keep the Heat in the game that he did in the 1st.

It's not just that game either, but it's a good example. Lebron throughout his career has never been the type of guy to dominate a game in crucial moments. He can dominate throughout a game with his all-around skills, but he is not that great at flipping the switch into a 1 man force when the game calls for it.

While you can argue that Lebron is a better all-around talent than Kobe you can not argue Lebron is a more dangerous threat to go off in a game. Teams feared an in his prime Kobe Bryant in the 4th quarter. They don't have the same fear of Lebron during that time of the game.

Just.... wow. not even close to true. And you pick an NBA finals where literally no matter what he did his teammates came up empty handed. Try to get em going early and then get his and they fell behind.

Try to get his early and then get them going and they fell behind.

LeBron in the past 3-4 years has been as DOMINANT as you can be in crucial moments outside of the Dallas series. GO back and look at that huge "choke" he had vs the magic in 09. The guy averaged 38 8 and 8 and it still wasn't enough to carry that piss poor team past them.

THere are so many examples that prove this unbelievably commom myth untrue.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unabashed Kobe lover but Lebron is clearly a better player then him. Top SF of all time. Lebron has been just as clutch as Kobe. And for every example of Lebron not being clutch you can do the same thing for Kobe(Game 7 Boston 2010, Phoenix Game 7 2006, Detroit Finals just off the top of my head).

I wouldn't trade Kobe's tenure with the Lakers for LeBron but it would have been fun to watch. All the Lebron hate is just weird to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe was great, but LeBron can impact a game in more ways than Kobe can.

I think this one is very close, but I will take Lebron.

That's kinda how I see it. Lebron is the better overall player. Kobe has the greater killer instinct. In the end, it comes down to what a person values more. Personally, I value the killer instinct more, but can easily see the argument for Lebron.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unabashed Kobe lover but Lebron is clearly a better player then him. Top SF of all time. Lebron has been just as clutch as Kobe. And for every example of Lebron not being clutch you can do the same thing for Kobe(Game 7 Boston 2010, Phoenix Game 7 2006, Detroit Finals just off the top of my head).

I wouldn't trade Kobe's tenure with the Lakers for LeBron but it would have been fun to watch. All the Lebron hate is just weird to me.

Wow!

Well stated, Sir.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just.... wow. not even close to true. And you pick an NBA finals where literally no matter what he did his teammates came up empty handed. Try to get em going early and then get his and they fell behind.

Try to get his early and then get them going and they fell behind.

LeBron in the past 3-4 years has been as DOMINANT as you can be in crucial moments outside of the Dallas series. GO back and look at that huge "choke" he had vs the magic in 09. The guy averaged 38 8 and 8 and it still wasn't enough to carry that piss poor team past them.

THere are so many examples that prove this unbelievably commom myth untrue.

That was just the most recent example that Kinzu gave. Lebron also disappeared vs. Dallas in the 1st finals that the big 3 were in and he did it in pretty much every 4th quarter of that series.

Do you not remember all of those Lebron jokes? Why do you not ask Lebron for change for a dollar? Because he'll only give you 3 quarters.

Lebron is a great player, no doubt. But he has an easily traceable history of disappearing late in big games.

Also, just because there was nothing Lebron could do to prevent the inevitable, he still didn't "fire all of his bullets". MJ and Kobe have lost playoff series and Kobe's lost a couple of finals series, but neither of them went down without firing every bullet they had and then throwing the gun at them.