• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #25 Washington @ Hawaii

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus, quit trying to run it up the middle over and over. do something different ffs. Like try something they aren't expecting. :L

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can finally breathe now. My goodness this was an ugly game offensively

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Fitting way to end the game. How the hell wasn't that reviewed?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relax guys. First game on the road against a desperate Hawaii team with a backup QB.

Come back home, work on the issues on the line, get Miles up to speed and see what we have next week.

It should be a much improved game.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take it. Huskies looked bad for the most part, but came out with a win.

Last edited by a moderator:

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Fitting way to end the game. How the hell wasn't that reviewed?

Yeah that was pretty sad. Not that I think Hawaii would have scored with ~30 seconds after getting the punt, but it was easy to see he was out on the first replay well before the Huskies snapped the ball.

All in all, I don't think I've ever been so bummed over a win. I know it's just one game, but my expectations for the season just dropped drastically. I hope I'm overreacting, but if UW plays this game again next weekend against Eastern, they will lose. Hopefully Miles is the answer for the offense.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relax guys. First game on the road against a desperate Hawaii team with a backup QB.

Come back home, work on the issues on the line, get Miles up to speed and see what we have next week.

It should be a much improved game.

I agree... There is much to dissect from this game. We should be better next week... Hopefully

To me, it's clear that Lindquist is not the answer at QB

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that was pretty sad. Not that I think Hawaii would have scored with ~30 seconds after getting the punt, but it was easy to see he was out on the first replay well before the Huskies snapped the ball.

All in all, I don't think I've ever been so bummed over a win. I know it's just one game, but my expectations for the season just dropped drastically. I hope I'm overreacting, but if UW plays this game again next weekend against Eastern, they will lose. Hopefully Miles is the answer for the offense.

As I said, it's a road game against a desperate team trying to keep football at their school with a backup QB running the offense and the first game for the new coaches.

They say the biggest improvement comes between the first and second games.

I wouldn't panic until you see how they play next week at home vs EWU. That school is no joke and will still be a test, especially their passing game. Hell, Illinois can throw the rock as well.

If they struggle in that game and look lost, then maybe it's time to start to rethink your expectations. Just wouldn't worry about it until then.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree... There is much to dissect from this game. We should be better next week... Hopefully

To me, it's clear that Lindquist is not the answer at QB

He did some good things early, but there is no doubt he was very rattled and just not effective in that second half. Didn't make any big mistakes, but really didn't move the offense either.

TheDman875

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugly, but a win none the less. Lots of questions answered tonight to go in to next week.

Running Game - I was really worried about our running game going in, but Coleman stepped up when we needed the running game the most. Looks like he snagged the starting job for now.

Lindquist - Potential is there, but obviously showed his lack of experience. We'll see what Miles is made of next week.

Defense - Thought the Secondary played very well after the 1st quarter jitters wore off. Baker is the real deal. Shaq Thompson seemed non existent tonight, but confident he'll bounce back.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense played well.

Offense is a work in progress as expected.

We didn't make a bunch of stupid mistakes or turnovers.

Mixed bag, but just glad we got that critical W to start the season. Dawgs can come back to Seattle and I'm sure each week we'll be improving.

Got the W. That's all you can ask for this week. Go Dawgs!!!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough sledding for the most part for y'all but at least you guys still came out on the right side tonight...

Congrats!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only issues I had with that game was the offensive line play - Veteran unit that should have been much better at creating lanes.
And the defensive interior - again veterans that shouldn't have let Iosefla get 143 yards mostly up the middle.

These were more of a concern than the QB play, or some of the misses in the secondary.

For positives, at least they held on to win - Much better to work on issues after a bad win than a good loss.
No turnovers - With so many young kids out there they did a good job of not making costly mistakes in turnovers.
Only 5 penalties for 30 yards - Again, a road game with young kids and this was a vast improvement from the Sark era already. 2 of those 5 were on special teams gaffs.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to like the discipline play and lack of stupid penalties. CP is grooming them the right way. All those fundamental drills they ran in spring and fall paying off.