• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

$21 million was not enough with his deadline approaching

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was told over and over that Wilson was a company man. Guess I was lied too.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plunkett? Lets try names from the last decade, perhaps..

If you want to really get technical the only guys with better Super Bowl records than Plunkett are Joe Montana, Troy Aikman and Terry Bradshaw. Only guys with more wins and the same win percentage.

While we're on the subject it's kind of a joke Joe Namath is in the HoF while Plunkett isn't.

Also, it's really hard to take anybody seriously who goes on and on about how quarterback "X" has won "y" many Super Bowls. Teams win Super Bowls. This isn't like the Grammy's where one pop artist can win an award even though 180 different people contributed to the music on whatever shitty album they put out.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could look at it like that, or you could say seattle got lucky with that miracle catch to put them in the red zone. They had no business winning that game dude we outplayed them plain and simple.

Were you one of the ball boys or something?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy better sign before Lynch leaves or gets hurt. And it's always easy to play QB in front of a top defense. Easiest job in the league.

Funny he's trying to get paid now after throwing a terrible pick to lose the Super Bowl. Not great timing for him.

Bills fans disagree.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you were Wilson, would you take the same contract as Cam Newton just got? I sure as hell wouldn't.

We can all do the math later on how much all those saying he should have accepted this deal lost their client when he signs a deal that is close to, if not topping, $25M per.

Yes I would.

He may get more, but he's clearly riding the wave of the overall success of the team...imo he's not a $20mil season QB...very few are, but that's the market, if he gets $25 mil...more power to him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta get it while you can and strike while the iron is hot.
He should get more than Cam & Ryan got on their deals.

Based on team performance...yes...based on individual performance...idk...I'd say no actually.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The longer this goes on the more it could cost Seattle is another way to look at it. Both Luck and Flacco have contracts coming up which will re-establish the market as well as raise the tag. I've been saying I think it's more about the number of years and guarenteed money RW is looking for not necessarily 25 a year.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the market, I'd say yes he is.
No question...whether I think they are worth it or not, I don't blame these guys...he'll be 32ish after this deal, might not get another contract like this one...max out.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks need him and Wilson knows it. He'll get his payday without question.

But on the same note - head to head competition aside, are there really some whom feel that Wilson should be on the same level as Rodgers?

Really?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could look at it like that, or you could say seattle got lucky with that miracle catch to put them in the red zone. They had no business winning that game dude we outplayed them plain and simple.

Out played? You were probably shitting your pants until that final play. Both teams played well and Butler made a hell of a play. It was a good game between even teams.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even $21/year is going to cost seattle a lot of their future

baffling that any seattle fan thinks this is good

So you'd rather have a mediocre 7-9 team with T-jax over a RW lead team with HFA and possible chances to the SB? Hell, lets just trade for Mark Sanchez and call it a day.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out played? You were probably shitting your pants until that final play. Both teams played well and Butler made a hell of a play. It was a good game between even teams.
Did you watch the first quarter and half of the second? Pats were dominating. A bad int by TB kept it close. But honestly Seattle's O was doing nothing. I was nervous after the circus catch deja vu.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch the first quarter and half of the second? Pats were dominating. A bad int by TB kept it close. But honestly Seattle's O was doing nothing. I was nervous after the circus catch deja vu.

Seattle's offense out gained New England's. More total yards, fewer turnovers, more yards per play etc. Every argument you just made can be flipped around.

"Did you see the last half of the second quarter and the third quarter? Seattle was dominating. A bad drop by Kearse late in the game and a fluke fall which broke Jeremy Lane's arm kept it close."

Let's not go down that path. The game was even, Seattle had a great chance to win and Butler made a great play. The end.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks need him and Wilson knows it. He'll get his payday without question.

But on the same note - head to head competition aside, are there really some whom feel that Wilson should be on the same level as Rodgers?

Really?
You can rest easy. I haven't seen any NFL fan say RW>AR.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on team performance...yes...based on individual performance...idk...I'd say no actually.
but it's what he's selling: T E A M !...leadership!!
Screw this individual shit for this position, in this league

I know that Wilson stirs the drink and the defense/Lynch don't see SB's without this guy