• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how soon do we see a search for a new coach start? I would hope it would be sooner than later, I don't know who would be available, but if the Caps falter in the playoffs I can see Lavy being a free agent, I would love to see him come back and work with a young group.

I'm curious to see what direction they go with the coach. If it's Lappy I'm driving to Philly and picketing. You're all invited if that should be happen. I'll be the guy holding the "YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOURE DOING" sign. I don't think that's very likely though.

Question for me is, do they feel pressured to go out and get a big name given their "we're not rebuilding, we're going for it, we're not afraid to invest, bla bla bla". Or do they go the opposite direction given the AV flop.

Personally, I'd like to see a younger guy that's less set in his ways. Like some others have said, I think Purdue and Las talked about it a while back, the coach has to tweak the system to match the personnel. Can't be a smash mouth football team with a 5'8 180lb running back, for example. And I feel like younger, more up and coming coaches have a more open mind about that type of stuff typically.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious to see what direction they go with the coach. If it's Lappy I'm driving to Philly and picketing. You're all invited if that should be happen. I'll be the guy holding the "YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOURE DOING" sign. I don't think that's very likely though.

Question for me is, do they feel pressured to go out and get a big name given their "we're not rebuilding, we're going for it, we're not afraid to invest, bla bla bla". Or do they go the opposite direction given the AV flop.

Personally, I'd like to see a younger guy that's less set in his ways. Like some others have said, I think Purdue and Las talked about it a while back, the coach has to tweak the system to match the personnel. Can't be a smash mouth football team with a 5'8 180lb running back, for example. And I feel like younger, more up and coming coaches have a more open mind about that type of stuff typically.
If they hire a new coach its going to be someone who is very analytical as that's what they brought in Briere to do.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they hire a new coach its going to be someone who is very analytical as that's what they brought in Briere to do.

Fully support that.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEELER !!!!!!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is so bad. It’s mind blowing the brass think they can re-tool this thing. This is minor league vs pros out there. And the wild aren’t even real contenders.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is so bad. It’s mind blowing the brass think they can re-tool this thing. This is minor league vs pros out there. And the wild aren’t even real contenders.
Its been this way for the last two years and your just noticing this now?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Wild are 24-7-1 at home and man did the bottle us up in the neutral zone.

Yandle on the ice is so pathetic its just like open season on whoever is playing goalie.

Last game of a long road trip which we went 2-4 and that is better than losing every road game which was expected.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case anyone missed the game Kaprizov who is 7th in the league in scoring and was the best player on the ice last night was drafted by Fletcher.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case anyone missed the game Kaprizov who is 7th in the league in scoring and was the best player on the ice last night was drafted by Fletcher.
Would love some of that magic for our franchise............

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see McKinnon put an ass whoppin on Dumba . I know he's not the captain but that's the qualities we need in our next captain.
I did see that, those guys on that line while highly skilled, def look out for themselves and each other. Yes we def need those qualities in our players.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you attribute this performance to ?
Not wearing orange and black.

Last season when he played for us he was 7th in the league in goals by a defenseman so his offense came back while playing for us. It was a cost cutting move that has back fired.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not wearing orange and black.

Last season when he played for us he was 7th in the league in goals by a defenseman so his offense came back while playing for us. It was a cost cutting move that has back fired.
So….. a toxic franchise ?

We have been so long without an identity. Somehow there needs to be a plan to get coaching / front office / players on the same page. That’s the winning formula - and has been totally absent with the flyers for decades.