• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giroux needs to go and needs to go this season along with Risto and several others.
I here ya lasgop. I made that assertion of keeping Giroux based on the reality that Yeo is not going just yet. WE need to move both. If a deal emerges that we can move Giroux and collect draft picks for the 2023 draft and get a serviceable player that can be a piece for later, I say move him. Giroux can provide stability to a suicidal team until Yeo is gone. But if the opportunity presents itself, move Giroux and get the best assets for later and wait out the mess known as Yeo.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Methinks that Torchetti will be the next HC. Might be some contractual problems moving Yeo at this time. His days are numbered.
Well we may have to watch another ex coach go to the cup as a few other former coaches have since they were let go from our organization.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I here ya lasgop. I made that assertion of keeping Giroux based on the reality that Yeo is not going just yet. WE need to move both. If a deal emerges that we can move Giroux and collect draft picks for the 2023 draft and get a serviceable player that can be a piece for later, I say move him. Giroux can provide stability to a suicidal team until Yeo is gone. But if the opportunity presents itself, move Giroux and get the best assets for later and wait out the mess known as Yeo.
Gee wants to win a cup and we need assets so i have no doubt that the opportunity will present itself.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, FlyersNation. There is some serious insanity/toxicity in the Flyers organization right now that needs to be cut-out and removed. One can know that when ex-coaches and players go elsewhere and succeed.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The results of this should be interesting.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The results of this should be interesting.
This is all about lipstick on a pig. We need a new pig.

If they’re winning, no one gives a shit about “stop signs” to keep people from going to their seats or friendliness of arena staff.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all about lipstick on a pig. We need a new pig.

If they’re winning, no one gives a shit about “stop signs” to keep people from going to their seats or friendliness of arena staff.
Or where to park lol. If they were a cup contender peoe would have no bitches, seems the message they are sending is that, "We're more interested in entertainment than the actual product!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would really be helpful if Giroux played great this weekend in both the skills comp and the all star game .This would increase his trade value even higher than it already is. We could really use a higher pick or player of higher quality back in a trade

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or where to park lol. If they were a cup contender peoe would have no bitches, seems the message they are sending is that, "We're more interested in entertainment than the actual product!
One of the most memorable games I got to go to was at the old Maple Leaf Gardens. We had a "sky box" which was literally a box hanging from the rafters. It was so narrow, we had to send the fat guy that was with us into the box first because there was no way to get around him to go to the bathroom...... didn't care, we were there to watch hockey ! You can see the boxes in this old pic.1643994847704.png

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the most memorable games I got to go to was at the old Maple Leaf Gardens. We had a "sky box" which was literally a box hanging from the rafters. It was so narrow, we had to send the fat guy that was with us into the box first because there was no way to get around him to go to the bathroom...... didn't care, we were there to watch hockey ! You can see the boxes in this old pic.View attachment 288365
That would be an awesome venue to see a game in. I got to see Boston vs Philly twice in 75-76 at Boston Gardens, place was very nostalgic.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Claude Giroux takes home the All-Star game MVP. That's my fucking dude right there. Yes, I'm biased, but this guy to me clearly put on the best show yesterday afternoon and earned this distinction. He had the sweet setups, dazzling moves and clutch, pretty goals too, especially in the final. Now go get yourself a Stanley Cup. You deserve it after all of these years of being loyal to Philly despite them not giving you enough help to win it all. Then come back a Cup champion and win one with us too.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"You could tell right from the beginning, even before the game, he mentioned to us, 'We're here, we might as well win it', and when a guy like him, he's captain of the team here, he's been captain of the Flyers for so long, when he's saying that, he's going hard, I think it kind of just drags everyone else into it," Werenski said. "We all felt that from the beginning, and I think it just carried over throughout the games, and like I said, we found a way to win."

This is Zach Werenski praising Giroux. I understand it's just an All-Star game, but I don't want to hear shit about Giroux not being a good captain. Philadelphia management has simply failed to give him a team worthy of winning a Stanley Cup, year after year. If we manage to trade him, odds are he'll help prove this by winning a Cup elsewhere this season.

Here is Flyer legend and Metro coach Rod Brind'Amour with more:

"He was great," Metropolitan coach Rod Brind'Amour said. "Good to see. Been a trouper in this league for a long time, kind of carrying the torch a little bit for this league in these events. Then to come out and be one of the best guys on the ice, that says a lot."

34 year old Giroux showing the kids how it's done. Enough said.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is Zach Werenski praising Giroux. I understand it's just an All-Star game, but I don't want to hear shit about Giroux not being a good captain. Philadelphia management has simply failed to give him a team worthy of winning a Stanley Cup, year after year. If we manage to trade him, odds are he'll help prove this by winning a Cup elsewhere this season.

Here is Flyer legend and Metro coach Rod Brind'Amour with more:

34 year old Giroux showing the kids how it's done. Enough said.
let's hope it gets us a couple of picks in 2023 !

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Claude Giroux takes home the All-Star game MVP. That's my fucking dude right there. Yes, I'm biased, but this guy to me clearly put on the best show yesterday afternoon and earned this distinction. He had the sweet setups, dazzling moves and clutch, pretty goals too, especially in the final. Now go get yourself a Stanley Cup. You deserve it after all of these years of being loyal to Philly despite them not giving you enough help to win it all. Then come back a Cup champion and win one with us too.
Would love to see him be the 1st person Landeskog hands the cup to, ala Ray Bourque.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would really be helpful if Giroux played great this weekend in both the skills comp and the all star game .This would increase his trade value even higher than it already is. We could really use a higher pick or player of higher quality back in a trade
Congrats Gee way to go!!! You were the best player of the best players on Saturday and really helped us out.

I hope other teams took notice and add some extra pick/players into the Gee sweepstakes.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just would like to say Zegras blind folded shot ( i know he could see) in the skills competition was unreal and the best breakaway shot i have ever seen.