• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would do well here, no pressure to be THE GUY! Avs need a number 2 center bad and Gee can fit in almost anywhere, question is what do we get in return?
We need everything so what ever we get back is a plus.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JvR summing up the way everyone talks about him. Absolutely terrible for the whole game and then bags the game winner. Classic.

Thought they played a good work-man like game last night.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mid season report card from the Athletic and i think they are spot on:

MVP: Giroux
Most improved player: Hart
Biggest disappointment (health): Ellis
Biggest disappointment (non injury related): Yandle
Best offseason acquisition: Atkinson
Worst game : 7-1 loss to TB
Best defenseman: Sanheim
Biggest advanced stat bust: JVR
Most impressive rookie: York
Worst roster move: Waving NAK

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott Laughton and TK were all over the ice last night and were great last night. Can we see this more often please.

Carter Hart was the best goalie in the NHL after he gave up that first goal.

2 in a row baby we may never lose again wooohoooo!!!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott Laughton and TK were all over the ice last night and were great last night. Can we see this more often please.

Carter Hart was the best goalie in the NHL after he gave up that first goal.

2 in a row baby we may never lose again wooohoooo!!!
But if we keep winning aren't we at risk of getting a higher number at the draft? Unless we can win 20 in a row I'd like to just see us become competitive rest of the season.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if we keep winning aren't we at risk of getting a higher number at the draft? Unless we can win 20 in a row I'd like to just see us become competitive rest of the season.
Sorry my sarcasm didn't come across in my post. I want to be competitive and not win I'm just happy when we win.

If we start winning we will be right where we are every year ,middle of the pack with no high draft choices and nothing to make us better. This is why we need to get rid of all those players who have helped us to the middle of the pack every year and start fresh.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry my sarcasm didn't come across in my post. I want to be competitive and not win I'm just happy when we win.

If we start winning we will be right where we are every year ,middle of the pack with no high draft choices and nothing to make us better. This is why we need to get rid of all those players who have helped us to the middle of the pack every year and start fresh.
Was listening to NHL radio on SXM yesterday. First, they said 2023 draft class is loaded, so as AWAZ suggested, that is the draft year we need to target. Piling on with LAS here..... yes, everyone is expendable ( except Hart IMHO ). Load up as many 2023 draft picks as possible... play whatever youngsters remain next year and tank season.... just live through JvR for one more year (being realistic that no one wants this anchor).

They had another guest on - can't remember his name. He was all over the "old guard" at Philly front office - mentioned Clarke and Holmgren specifically, that regardless of having no titles or paychecks, they still have influence over the team. The old guard doesn't believe in the re-build, just constantly re-tooling. Guy said there's no real hope unless / until this old guard just goes away.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gets the C when C Gee is gone?

Couts 2-1
Laughton 4-1
Hayes 5-1
Prov and Ellis 7-1
TK 10-1
Atkinson 12-1
Sanheim 15-1
JVR 200-1

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was listening to NHL radio on SXM yesterday. First, they said 2023 draft class is loaded, so as AWAZ suggested, that is the draft year we need to target. Piling on with LAS here..... yes, everyone is expendable ( except Hart IMHO ). Load up as many 2023 draft picks as possible... play whatever youngsters remain next year and tank season.... just live through JvR for one more year (being realistic that no one wants this anchor).

They had another guest on - can't remember his name. He was all over the "old guard" at Philly front office - mentioned Clarke and Holmgren specifically, that regardless of having no titles or paychecks, they still have influence over the team. The old guard doesn't believe in the re-build, just constantly re-tooling. Guy said there's no real hope unless / until this old guard just goes away.
As i posted when AWAZ posted about the 2023 draft and now you have posted about the 2023 draft . I agree 100%

Clean out the old guard as well as they have contributed to this team being mediocre for the last 10 years. It was time a few years ago to clean house and they didn't hopefully they do it this year.

JVR most overrated Flyer of all time especially with our announcers and on this board. Anchor is the perfect name for him besides big puss.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gets the C when C Gee is gone?

Couts 2-1
Laughton 4-1
Hayes 5-1
Prov and Ellis 7-1
TK 10-1
Atkinson 12-1
Sanheim 15-1
JVR 200-1
I think your odds are about right... maybe put Laughton with a little higher odds.

Although I haven't been adding much to this board lately, I have been watching / thinking about the franchise. I've concluded that the front office is basically gutless...... it takes guts to do a re-build; making the tough calls. They have totally wimped out on G..... been flooding the media with "It's G's decision to leave not ours" bullshit. They don't want to piss off anyone, and are relying on the loyal base to stick with them even though they piss us off by inaction. The constant mantra around 'we just need to re-tool" is being cowardly. Sure, just keep taking some steps to satisfy the loyal base that they're doing something.... but really they aren't.

That being said, they don't have the guts to even try to deal Coots.... so because of that, I think he'll get the 'C' because he'll be around a while.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your odds are about right... maybe put Laughton with a little higher odds.

Although I haven't been adding much to this board lately, I have been watching / thinking about the franchise. I've concluded that the front office is basically gutless...... it takes guts to do a re-build; making the tough calls. They have totally wimped out on G..... been flooding the media with "It's G's decision to leave not ours" bullshit. They don't want to piss off anyone, and are relying on the loyal base to stick with them even though they piss us off by inaction. The constant mantra around 'we just need to re-tool" is being cowardly. Sure, just keep taking some steps to satisfy the loyal base that they're doing something.... but really they aren't.

That being said, they don't have the guts to even try to deal Coots.... so because of that, I think he'll get the 'C' because he'll be around a while.
I agree with 99% of this.

No way should they deal Couts with his contract so team friendly. When he's healthy he out plays that contract by two fold.

Every thing else i am on board with. They know they have loyal fans that's why they could keep a mediocre team for 10 years and fans still flooded the stadium. This season they are having a problem with ticket sales so maybe we see a big change this year.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with 99% of this.

No way should they deal Couts with his contract so team friendly. When he's healthy he out plays that contract by two fold.

Every thing else i am on board with. They know they have loyal fans that's why they could keep a mediocre team for 10 years and fans still flooded the stadium. This season they are having a problem with ticket sales so maybe we see a big change this year.
I’d keep Coots too - my comment above is just reinforcing that Coots is a safe bet to be wearing the “C” as the front office won’t be dealing him away.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would've been nice to get more than 4 games out of our #2 defenseman (arguably #1 given the track record). Honestly, I think that just about ruined the season.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the C will go to Coots or Hayes if they do deal G. I'd be shocked if it went to anyone else.