• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would've been nice to get more than 4 games out of our #2 defenseman (arguably #1 given the track record). Honestly, I think that just about ruined the season.

I do agree with this to an extent. But if losing that one guy puts you in the basement, you probably didn't have a good enough team to compete.

Granted, they've lost a lot of games from other key guys like Couturier and Farabee, but I still think they have bigger issues.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is so depressing. We had to give a second rounder in order for the Coyotes to take Ghost and now they are going to flip him and his 28 points to a contender for more draft capital.

This also says they may do the same with JVR. However I do find that part pretty funny.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mid season report card from the Athletic and i think they are spot on:

MVP: Giroux
Most improved player: Hart
Biggest disappointment (health): Ellis
Biggest disappointment (non injury related): Yandle
Best offseason acquisition: Atkinson
Worst game : 7-1 loss to TB
Best defenseman: Sanheim
Biggest advanced stat bust: JVR
Most impressive rookie: York
Worst roster move: Waving NAK
I changed my mind on the Athletic being spot on in their mid season report.

Cam Atkinson should be named our half season MVP.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would do well here, no pressure to be THE GUY! Avs need a number 2 center bad and Gee can fit in almost anywhere, question is what do we get in return?
The Avs second line center is Kadri who is third in the league in scoring. I would have to assume Gee would not take Kadris spot.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Avs second line center is Kadri who is third in the league in scoring. I would have to assume Gee would not take Kadris spot.
That's been the general consensus here, and yes Kadrinis playing well, maybe that's who we get in return lol. I would assume either he'd center that line or move to wing?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's been the general consensus here, and yes Kadrinis playing well, maybe that's who we get in return lol. I would assume either he'd center that line or move to wing?
:pound: :pound:I would love to get Kadri back but his contract is up after this year and would run for the hills if we tried to resign him.

With McKinnon , Kadri and Rantanen as their top three centers im sure Gee would be a winger and probably a third line winger.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doesn't Rantanen typically play wing with McKinnon and Landeskog for thier top line? To me, G would be their best winger after those 2. And I think everyone pretty much agrees he's a better W than C at this point, and has been for a few years. He's only playing C for the Flyers because Brassard, Hayes, and Couturier are all hurt.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't Rantanen typically play wing with McKinnon and Landeskog for thier top line? To me, G would be their best winger after those 2. And I think everyone pretty much agrees he's a better W than C at this point, and has been for a few years. He's only playing C for the Flyers because Brassard, Hayes, and Couturier are all hurt.
Yes that is their top line, I'm pretty sure he would move to wing on that second line, plus you could use him all over on the PP. When I was reading the article they had him coming in to help with the center position, I'm not sure if that was due to Kadris sort of slow start or the fact McKinnon got hurt. He's def a great insurance policy.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the FO and the Coaching staff are getting re-tooled pretty much now. McCauley and Minto are a decent start. We could have done worse. Adding Torchetti to an under-staffed Coaching group was also a decent change in the right direction.

The 57-year-old Torchetti was hired as the Flyers' new assistant coach last Tuesday. He joins interim head coach Mike Yeo, assistant coach Darryl Williams, goalie coach Kim Dillabaugh and player development coach Nick Schultz to complete the Flyers' staff for the rest of this season.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the FO and the Coaching staff are getting re-tooled pretty much now. McCauley and Minto are a decent start. We could have done worse. Adding Torchetti to an under-staffed Coaching group was also a decent change in the right direction.

The 57-year-old Torchetti was hired as the Flyers' new assistant coach last Tuesday. He joins interim head coach Mike Yeo, assistant coach Darryl Williams, goalie coach Kim Dillabaugh and player development coach Nick Schultz to complete the Flyers' staff for the rest of this season.
Torchetti is def a good hire IMO, only wish we could get rid of Yeo and get started on our new gameplay see who it fits and who it doesn't.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Flores story is taking away time on the airwaves from what should be the main story this week and that is the Rams. Not cool!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure what Fletcher saw in any of this. Many of these moves looks like a team committing suicide. I did a lot of WTH moments with these:

Flyers traded Philippe Myers (and Nolan Patrick) as part of the deal to acquire Ryan Ellis.
Flyers gave away multiple draft picks to convince Arizona to take on the remainder of Shayne Gostisbehere‘s contract.
Keith Yandle was added in free agency.
They traded a first-round pick and Robert Hagg to the Buffalo Sabres for Rasmus Ristolainen.

I also believe, that if you are going to change the trashing-of-a-franchise culture in the minds of the players, ya keep a guy like Giroux around to facilitate the road of recovery back to where the Flyers should have been all along. A championship is always predicated on Defense. So I would start there and then, like Awaz suggested, plan for the 2023 draft and fill in the pieces on offense and defense to build your next championship.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure what Fletcher saw in any of this. Many of these moves looks like a team committing suicide. I did a lot of WTH moments with these:

Flyers traded Philippe Myers (and Nolan Patrick) as part of the deal to acquire Ryan Ellis.
Flyers gave away multiple draft picks to convince Arizona to take on the remainder of Shayne Gostisbehere‘s contract.
Keith Yandle was added in free agency.
They traded a first-round pick and Robert Hagg to the Buffalo Sabres for Rasmus Ristolainen.

I also believe, that if you are going to change the trashing-of-a-franchise culture in the minds of the players, ya keep a guy like Giroux around to facilitate the road of recovery back to where the Flyers should have been all along. A championship is always predicated on Defense. So I would start there and then, like Awaz suggested, planned for the 2023 draft and fill in the pieces on offense and defense.
Giroux needs to go and needs to go this season along with Risto and several others.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flores story is taking away time on the airwaves from what should be the main story this week and that is the Rams. Not cool!
Methinks that Torchetti will be the next HC. Might be some contractual problems moving Yeo at this time. His days are numbered.