• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF ? That sounds crazy !
expected to be out 3-4 weeks for the Philadelphia Flyers after the forward had surgery Tuesday to drain fluid from the adductor region of his hip.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my Islander fan friends just text me and said the shootout was pathetic.

Both teams couldn't score and the goalies didn't have to make any great saves.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dam i just watched the McEwen Chara fight.

Thank god we signed Yandle instead of Chara. :L

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my Islander fan friends just text me and said the shootout was pathetic.

Both teams couldn't score and the goalies didn't have to make any great saves.
It would be too painful to watch the shoot out AGAIN .... but at least 4 Flyer attempts were not even on goal. It was totally pathetic on both sides. And the 3 on 3 was a perfect example of how to make something that was originally fun and exciting..... a real snooze-fest.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be too painful to watch the shoot out AGAIN .... but at least 4 Flyer attempts were not even on goal. It was totally pathetic on both sides. And the 3 on 3 was a perfect example of how to make something that was originally fun and exciting..... a real snooze-fest.
The trade deadline cant come soon enough.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The trade deadline cant come soon enough.
Giroux played great last night. I couldn't help but think he was trying out for his next team. Kevin Weekes (commentator) kept pitching how he would be a great addition to the Bruins at the deadline.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giroux played great last night. I couldn't help but think he was trying out for his next team. Kevin Weekes (commentator) kept pitching how he would be a great addition to the Bruins at the deadline.
Please god anywhere but here next year, His time has come and gone its time to move on and rebuild instead of staying in the middle. We should've done this years ago.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could achieve another 10 game losing streak if Columbus beats us tomorrow. Does anyone know the record for 10 game losing streaks in one season?

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could achieve another 10 game losing streak if Columbus beats us tomorrow. Does anyone know the record for 10 game losing streaks in one season?
No , but it always seems to be followed up by a huge winning streak, so there is that lol. Maybe get us into 7th place in our division.:thumb:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe no Jake tonight .It would be nice to see him get a tribute.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also the article Las posted has Giroux leaving as a rental and returning to resign in the off season, I myself would like to see a trade with a good haul in return. If not and he resigns I hope it's at a huge discount.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sigh....can't even muster a decent indignant rage over this team at this point.

It isn't the players fault. They didn't ask to be put in this situation. Some of them are simply overmatched. Some of them are being over extended.

The number of changes, from top to bottom, that need to occur is just mind boggling. The prospect development has been suspect. The Phantoms no longer have resident vets to model being a pro (think Mike Stothers and John Stevens in the day). The debilitating nature of the chronic injuries does make raise questions about the medical staff, and the coaching staff dedication to the long term health of the team. (hmmm, was Lehner on to something?).

I personally am most concerned with Ryan Ellis. Is this a career ending situation? Was he traded with this as an existing condition? That is a lot of $$ on the cap that needs to be worked out. It is also a 20+ minute right shot defenseman to pair with Provorov. JvR needs to either be bought out or traded. No judgement, he is a good guy and gives an honest effort, but he is done. If G wants to stay, he really should not be signed for more than 3 years and for more than 5 mil. If he is not interested, then he needs to be dealt before the deadline to the highest bidder.

I know a lot of this is just common sense, but it is so frequently being shouted over with complaints about Fletcher in general and whatever the bouncing puck did on any given game.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sigh....can't even muster a decent indignant rage over this team at this point.

It isn't the players fault. They didn't ask to be put in this situation. Some of them are simply overmatched. Some of them are being over extended.

The number of changes, from top to bottom, that need to occur is just mind boggling. The prospect development has been suspect. The Phantoms no longer have resident vets to model being a pro (think Mike Stothers and John Stevens in the day). The debilitating nature of the chronic injuries does make raise questions about the medical staff, and the coaching staff dedication to the long term health of the team. (hmmm, was Lehner on to something?).

I personally am most concerned with Ryan Ellis. Is this a career ending situation? Was he traded with this as an existing condition? That is a lot of $$ on the cap that needs to be worked out. It is also a 20+ minute right shot defenseman to pair with Provorov. JvR needs to either be bought out or traded. No judgement, he is a good guy and gives an honest effort, but he is done. If G wants to stay, he really should not be signed for more than 3 years and for more than 5 mil. If he is not interested, then he needs to be dealt before the deadline to the highest bidder.

I know a lot of this is just common sense, but it is so frequently being shouted over with complaints about Fletcher in general and whatever the bouncing puck did on any given game.
Three things about this post:
Gee should not be resigned this season and needs to go for the betterment of this organization. If he signs the contract you propose with us next season so be it welcome back.

JVR is a nice guy but the notion that he gives honest effort on a nightly basis i cant agree with. There are so many games where he just glides around doing nothing and its bene going on for years.

I agree about Ellis i think he got dealt to us with a previous injury which is why we got him so cheap,