• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never been so disinterested in watching or following this team EVER.

They have no identity

Maybe its just this pandemic
Maybe its the makeup of the team

Sad

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are 100% correct. Those POS didn't tell me that 4 games wont be on but for $60 its still worth it. Plus we stink so its probably good that i miss 4 games.
Yep but I read an add and now they are saying you get up to 40 games a week but it doesn't say all games like it used to. This smells of bettmans stench that little weasel he is looking for every penny willing to rob good paying fans like us. I'm not buying the Disney crap I only want hockey!!!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They have no identity

Sad
I think it's a little bit of everything and we expected more after the good start. To be fair they have been decimated after playing decent hockey of late.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish we could blame some of this on the shitty Covid Protocol the league has implemented but we weren't great before lol.

The real bummer is that team right before COVID heat was on such a hot streak. We probably could've had some fun if that season didn't get paused. Might not have won the cup, but that team looked invincible at times. I guess the second bummer is that it was apparently just a hot streak because they haven't even come close to replicating that level play since.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think they bring in a new coach now or later? Some point you have to realize you're not going to be able to rid yourself of the whole roster, so when should the culture start to be changed? I figure might as well start now, have it heading into next season, that way you can make tweaks now versus in the middle of the seàson.

The on-ice reporter last night mentioned Fletcher told her Yeo would coach for the rest of the season. That's the first time I had heard that, and nobody on twitter has mentioned it. So I don't know how credible it is, but surely she wouldn't have said "Fletcher told me", if he didn't?

I don't really mind that. It looks like they're going to have to undergo a pretty massive overhaul, so you might as well wait to see what the overhaul plan is before bringing a coach in.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They have no identity

Sad

Agreed. I think it's how gloomy everything looks. At this point, I've pretty much thrown in the towel on TK, Provorov, and Sanheim ever being consistent all-star level players. And Frost certainly doesn't look like a potential star in the making like his junior numbers gave me hope for. And without that, they're screwed. York is a relatively exciting prospect, but other than that?

The on-ice product is bad.
The "young guys with potential" aren't that young anymore.
The prospect pool doesn't have anyone to pin your hopes on.
They're up against the cap.

I've been a defender of 'take one more shot with this group' because the other side of this group looks gloomy as hell. Unfortunately 'one more shot' doesn't look any better. So, it looks like we're on the other side now..

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I think it's how gloomy everything looks. At this point, I've pretty much thrown in the towel on TK, Provorov, and Sanheim ever being consistent all-star level players. And Frost certainly doesn't look like a potential star in the making like his junior numbers gave me hope for. And without that, they're screwed. York is a relatively exciting prospect, but other than that?

The on-ice product is bad.
The "young guys with potential" aren't that young anymore.
The prospect pool doesn't have anyone to pin your hopes on.
They're up against the cap.

I've been a defender of 'take one more shot with this group' because the other side of this group looks gloomy as hell. Unfortunately 'one more shot' doesn't look any better. So, it looks like we're on the other side now..
Gotta tear the whole thing down. The new coach has to be aligned with the plan - which is what I’ve been saying for a while. Also said that AV did not line up with a youth movement - so I guess he was the right guy for win now with old people. Is fletcher the right guy for a total rebuild ? Homer certainly isn’t based on what he’s done - forever.

New five year plan starts with dumping everything you can at the deadline
For picks. Eat whatever salary you have to to dump JvR - I don’t want t see him next year.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So since we are pretty sure are favorite team isn't going to make the playoffs this season. Who will you root for instead or who would you like to see represent in the cup finals. I of course am going to jump on the Avs bandwagon yet I'm not sure Darcy Kemper can get it done.
My other front runner who may be the quietest favorite to win it all is Carolina, they are over looked so much but damn that team is in it night in and night out and look solid all the way up and down their roster. I would definitely trade ours for theirs.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So since we are pretty sure are favorite team isn't going to make the playoffs this season. Who will you root for instead or who would you like to see represent in the cup finals. I of course am going to jump on the Avs bandwagon yet I'm not sure Darcy Kemper can get it done.
My other front runner who may be the quietest favorite to win it all is Carolina, they are over looked so much but damn that team is in it night in and night out and look solid all the way up and down their roster. I would definitely trade ours for theirs.

Calgary vs Florida

Besides Edmonton and Carolina i would trade our roster for about 25 other teams

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking about what life would be like as a Caniac

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Canes and wherever Giroux ends up if he’s traded.

Went to the Canes/Flames game on Friday and the level of play was just so much higher. Creativity entering the zone and in the zone. Power plays that looked dynamic. It was a fun game to watch.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers/Canes postponed "due to Flyers COVID issues". Which are better today than they were for the Pens or Sharks games. And the Flyers are practicing today.

Perhaps they meant to say Canes COVID issues in the release? Otherwise this is just a bizarre application of postponements.