• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing is to go on Twitter and listen to all the idiots say this is Harts fault and he isn't an NHL goalie, but the killer 6 AHL dmen we put in front of him are the bomb lol.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t watch last night on purpose. The Flyers front office is doing their job “promoting and marketing” the team. “Gritty” was the correct response to one of the questions on Jeopardy last night.

Flyers do not have a dedicated owner organization - it’s all about Comcast. Fletchers boss’ bottom line has way more components than just the flyers. If they’re making money, that’s all that matters. Nothing will change until the money dries up.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what's the point of the NHL package now if they don't show every game? Apparently 4 more Flyer games will be exclusively online I think I want my money back not only due to this but poor Flyer hockey! I can't even remember if the price dropped if so then I can live with it.
You are 100% correct. Those POS didn't tell me that 4 games wont be on but for $60 its still worth it. Plus we stink so its probably good that i miss 4 games.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing is to go on Twitter and listen to all the idiots say this is Harts fault and he isn't an NHL goalie, but the killer 6 AHL dmen we put in front of him are the bomb lol.
Anybody who has watched Hart this season should know that Hart is a good goalie. They are blind if they cant see that.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t watch last night on purpose. The Flyers front office is doing their job “promoting and marketing” the team. “Gritty” was the correct response to one of the questions on Jeopardy last night.

Flyers do not have a dedicated owner organization - it’s all about Comcast. Fletchers boss’ bottom line has way more components than just the flyers. If they’re making money, that’s all that matters. Nothing will change until the money dries up.
Ha Griity goes to Hollywood.

All organizations are about the bottom line and that is to make money.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hedy its not like we weren't losing games by 4 goals with all our our players in the line up so the players last night stayed the course.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha Griity goes to Hollywood.

All organizations are about the bottom line and that is to make money.
Not arguing the bottom line motivation, but am critical of the structure for the flyers which has fletcher at the top of flyers only organization.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not arguing the bottom line motivation, but am critical of the structure for the flyers which has fletcher at the top of flyers only organization.
Hopefully someone will be smart enough to remove him from there. The fact that he remains silent and content with the way things are is telling. Not sure why you wouldn't install a new coach unless you are planning on a whole new outlook come next training camp.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone think Provorov has any value at the trade deadline, seen enough of this guy here, maybe he makes it elsewhere.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I might be wrong, but I think Holmgren is actually the top of the Flyers organization.

I would be more concerned about the Flyers leadership situation if they weren't spending money. They're a cap team and I think in real salaries they're going to spend closer to like $90M. Plus I think they had a pretty big price tag to fire AV too. To me, that says they're willing to spend the money and commit to winning in that regard.

The problem is they're just not spending money on the right players. Maybe that's because they're not spending money on the right front office? But I can't imagine Fletcher came cheap with his experience.

IMO, this isn't any bigger than Hextall's rebuild just failed. His draft picks didn't pan out to be high end, top of the lineup players. They wallowed too long on a rebuild that didn't produce star players and complacency/frustration set in. Contenders need a star forward or two, a stud dman or two, and at least a high quality starting goalie. Hextall's rebuild didn't produce that. Simple as that.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone think Provorov has any value at the trade deadline, seen enough of this guy here, maybe he makes it elsewhere.

Absolutely he has value. He's pretty clearly not a stud #1 like we had hoped. But he's still a pretty solid #2 who can play 27 minutes a night. For 6.75M through 24-25? If the Flyers want to move him, they'd get a haul.

Not being a stud #1 is crippling to the Flyers chances and frustrates us like crazy. But he'd still be a very valuable asset on a team that didn't need him to be a stud #1.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely he has value. He's pretty clearly not a stud #1 like we had hoped. But he's still a pretty solid #2 who can play 27 minutes a night. For 6.75M through 24-25? If the Flyers want to move him, they'd get a haul.

Not being a stud #1 is crippling to the Flyers chances and frustrates us like crazy. But he'd still be a very valuable asset on a team that didn't need him to be a stud #1.
I'd like to keep him in the capacity you mentioned, I'm really hoping that when they trade Giroux, it's to a team with a lot of defensive depth and not so much on offense. We need dmen who can play and compete, I hope we can snag one at the deadline and again in the off season.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might be wrong, but I think Holmgren is actually the top of the Flyers organization.

I would be more concerned about the Flyers leadership situation if they weren't spending money. They're a cap team and I think in real salaries they're going to spend closer to like $90M. Plus I think they had a pretty big price tag to fire AV too. To me, that says they're willing to spend the money and commit to winning in that regard.

The problem is they're just not spending money on the right players. Maybe that's because they're not spending money on the right front office? But I can't imagine Fletcher came cheap with his experience.

IMO, this isn't any bigger than Hextall's rebuild just failed. His draft picks didn't pan out to be high end, top of the lineup players. They wallowed too long on a rebuild that didn't produce star players and complacency/frustration set in. Contenders need a star forward or two, a stud dman or two, and at least a high quality starting goalie. Hextall's rebuild didn't produce that. Simple as that.
And in the process didn't bring in much by the way of veterans or adding a stud player like you said, we relied to heavily on what we thought we were getting.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in the process didn't bring in much by the way of veterans or adding a stud player like you said, we relied to heavily on what we thought we were getting.

Yep. I think as things progressed, Giroux tailed off, some of the young guys like TK, Patrick, and Provorov started to plateau (or didn't develop well at all), they tried to pivot in to being a "depth you to death" type team because they had to. Unfortunately they just weren't able to get the depth sorted out very well.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good point about willingness to spend money. Holmgren is titled as “senior advisor”. If he is in the decision matrix still, then I’d say he just needs to go home. The organization needs a rebuild , move on from the current culture & mindset. Scouting , player development, coaching - all needs redone. Go all in on rebuild and as I think we all agree - sell everything you can at deadline except for Hart.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to keep him in the capacity you mentioned, I'm really hoping that when they trade Giroux, it's to a team with a lot of defensive depth and not so much on offense. We need dmen who can play and compete, I hope we can snag one at the deadline and again in the off season.

For sure. I'd love to keep Provorov to fit that role. But I don't think it logistically makes sense to do that. To build a contender you have to figure out your top end first. 6.75 isn't an anchor for Provy, but I think you have to free up all the resources you can to build the top of your lineup before figuring out the support guys.

Plus, keeping that 'next level' of talent in place while you rebuild will hurt the rebuild. Just like keeping Giroux/Jake around made it harder for Hextall to rebuild. In his defense, star talent is hard to come by and if you can't get it for a while, you turn in to the Senators. He kept Giroux/Jake in hopes he could bridge the gap and they just didn't.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish we could blame some of this on the shitty Covid Protocol the league has implemented but we weren't great before lol.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think they bring in a new coach now or later? Some point you have to realize you're not going to be able to rid yourself of the whole roster, so when should the culture start to be changed? I figure might as well start now, have it heading into next season, that way you can make tweaks now versus in the middle of the seàson.