• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont have espn + can you give me the gist of this story as this was a topic on this board a few weeks ago

Games decided in 3 on 3 OT period are down to 60%... from almost 70%. Winning in OT is all about possession, so coaches are happy to just hold the puck in neutral zone, waiting for an opportunity, vs. pushing the play. Sergei Federov ( He's in his first season behind the bench of CSKA Moscow of the Kontinental Hockey League) decided screw it... he is now pulling his goalie in OT.. He's 2-0-1 doing it.

Writer has 'fixes'.. The home team gets one minute of 3-on-2 hockey to score a goal. If it succeeds, the game is over. If it fails, the road team gets two minutes of 3-on-2 hockey to score a goal and win the game. OR apply a shot clock like in basketball that mandates teams take an offensive chance within a certain period of time.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Games decided in 3 on 3 OT period are down to 60%... from almost 70%. Winning in OT is all about possession, so coaches are happy to just hold the puck in neutral zone, waiting for an opportunity, vs. pushing the play. Sergei Federov ( He's in his first season behind the bench of CSKA Moscow of the Kontinental Hockey League) decided screw it... he is now pulling his goalie in OT.. He's 2-0-1 doing it.

Writer has 'fixes'.. The home team gets one minute of 3-on-2 hockey to score a goal. If it succeeds, the game is over. If it fails, the road team gets two minutes of 3-on-2 hockey to score a goal and win the game. OR apply a shot clock like in basketball that mandates teams take an offensive chance within a certain period of time.
My idea is Sort of a shot clock idea but i would maybe have a clock to get into the offensive zone and once in you cant pull the puck out of the offensive zone to your own man or goalie.

A lot of times when the players in OT get tired they pass it back to the goalie and make a change.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My idea is Sort of a shot clock idea but i would maybe have a clock to get into the offensive zone and once in you cant pull the puck out of the offensive zone to your own man or goalie.

A lot of times when the players in OT get tired they pass it back to the goalie and make a change.
I'm sticking with 10 minute OT period followed by Rock,Paper,Scissors,Lizard,Spock

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonights line up:

Scott Laughton-Sean Couturier-Travis Konecny

Oskar Lindblom-Claude Giroux-Cam Atkinson

Max Willman-Kevin Hayes-James van Riemsdyk

Jackson Cates-Patrick Brown-Zack MacEwen

Defensemen

Ivan Provorov-Justin Braun

Travis Sanheim-Rasmus Ristolainen

Keith Yandle-Kevin Connauton

Goalies

Carter Hart

Martin Jones

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonights line up:

Defensemen

Goalies

Carter Hart

Martin Jones
This should be a win - hopefully we do not see a let down on intensity. We’ve lived with “playing down to the competition” for a decade.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonights line up:

Defensemen

Goalies

Carter Hart

Martin Jones
Who the fuck are these guys lol. We have some serious depth players.:pound:

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hextall_drafts.jpg

Here are Hextall's Flyers draft picks. The article I poached from color coded - Green = successful pick, Yellow = up in the air, Red = unlikely to make it. So by my count... 6 draft picks are playing tonight....

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hextall_drafts.jpg

Here are Hextall's Flyers draft picks. The article I poached from color coded - Green = successful pick, Yellow = up in the air, Red = unlikely to make it. So by my count... 6 draft picks are playing tonight....
I think by successful they made it to the NHL. Where their careers go is def anybody's guess.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hextall_drafts.jpg

I wonder what the criteria is to be a successful pick.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also when is that supposed stud we have in Couts gonna show up? Another one of our over rated 2b players we're so high on. This team needs to rebuild Asap, whole nine yards no one is exempt except Hart.