• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course not back then it was more of a lack of talent. This team isn't nearly as bad as some of the other teams most hockey people are saying they should be better that's all. This could be one reason. I like Vigneault but maybe just maybe he over thunk things too much and this is what happens.
Classic case of overrating our players. This current team is just as good and just as bad as the other teams in the last 6 coaching years.

We were a middle of the road team then and we are middle of the road team now.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta wonder at what time do they feel his performance is detremental to the team. This is another huge flaw Fletcher has.
As a veteran of so many seasons and so many games in a row there was just no way we were going to sit Yandle in favor of a player like Seeler. Its just how it works. I dont agree with it but I would've probably have done the same thing.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next 3 games are the softest stretch they’ve had so far this year. We will see who shows up.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Classic case of overrating our players. This current team is just as good and just as bad as the other teams in the last 6 coaching years.

We were a middle of the road team then and we are middle of the road team now.

I think that's an interesting exercise. Below are the top 12 fwds, 6 d, 2 goalies based on number of games played in the 2014-15 and 2020-21 seasons. I wonder, just based on looking at the players, which team everyone thinks is better and by how much.

2014-15
Forwards

Voracek
BSchenn
Couturier
Giroux
Bellemare
Read
Simmonds
Vandevelde
Raffl
Umberger
Rinaldo
Lecavalier

Defense
Streit
Schultz
Grossmann
Del Zotto
LSchenn
MacDonald

Goalie
Mason
Emery

Notables that didn't make the top 20 in gp: Coburn, Laughton

2021-22
Forwards

Giroux
Couturier
Atkinson
Konecny
Laughton
JvR
Lindblom
MacEwen
Farabee
Thompson
Brassard
Brown

Defense
Yandle
Provorov
Braun
Sanheim
Ristolainen
Seeler

Goalie
Hart
Jones

Notables that didn't make the top 20 in gp: Frost, Hayes, Ellis

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's an interesting exercise. Below are the top 12 fwds, 6 d, 2 goalies based on number of games played in the 2014-15 and 2020-21 seasons. I wonder, just based on looking at the players, which team everyone thinks is better and by how much.

2014-15
Forwards

Voracek
BSchenn
Couturier
Giroux
Bellemare
Read
Simmonds
Vandevelde
Raffl
Umberger
Rinaldo
Lecavalier

Defense
Streit
Schultz
Grossmann
Del Zotto
LSchenn
MacDonald

Goalie
Mason
Emery

Notables that didn't make the top 20 in gp: Coburn, Laughton

2021-22
Forwards

Giroux
Couturier
Atkinson
Konecny
Laughton
JvR
Lindblom
MacEwen
Farabee
Thompson
Brassard
Brown

Defense
Yandle
Provorov
Braun
Sanheim
Ristolainen
Seeler

Goalie
Hart
Jones

Notables that didn't make the top 20 in gp: Frost, Hayes, Ellis
They are both the same. Both disappointing middle of the road teams.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are both the same. Both disappointing middle of the road teams.

You don't even want to try to compare them? I thought you were looking for more activity around here.

Only so many ways to bitch about how bad the team is..

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't even want to try to compare them? I thought you were looking for more activity around here.

Only so many ways to bitch about how bad the team is..
You can try to spin it a million ways and create posts that way but count me out as this is a futile exercise since they are both exactly the same. Disappointing middle of the road teams.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, what jumps out right away is the 14-15 defense was horrendous. Of those 6, Streit is the only guy that cracks the 21-22 lineup. He'd be in the top 4 for sure, but the rest of those guys are bad. I think your top 6 combined would be Provorov, Streit, Sanheim, Braun, Ristolainen... woof.. I don't even want to put a 6th guy on the list.

In net, I think it's tough to pick against Hart at this point. Though Mason did have a really good year that year. Jones in a landslide over Emery.

Up front I think it's an interesting comparison. I think prime-Giroux and young-Couturier are a wash with old-Giroux and prime-Couturier. I'd take prime-Voracek over Atkinson. Schenn and Konecny are pretty reasonable comparisons. Simmonds significantly over JvR. I guess Raffl is probably your 6th forward, vs Farabee. I'd take Farabee there pretty comfortably. But overall, I think you're taking 14-15's top 6 over the current top 6. Mainly because of Voracek and Simmonds.

Bottom 6, Laughton, Lindblom, MacEwen, Thompson, Brassard, and Brown vs. Bellemare, Vandevelde, Read, Umberger, Rinaldo, Lecavalier. This years group isn't great, though I like Laughton and Lindblom. Outside of Read though, the 14-15 group is very bad. So I think I'd take 21-22's bottom 6 over 14-15's bottom 6.

Top 6: 14-15
Bottom 6: 21-22
Defense: 21-22
Goaltending: 21-22

To me, 21-22 is better on paper than 14-15.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can try to spin it a million ways and create posts that way but count me out as this is a futile exercise since they are both exactly the same. Disappointing middle of the road teams.

Good talk. You're so fun to post with!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, what jumps out right away is the 14-15 defense was horrendous. Of those 6, Streit is the only guy that cracks the 21-22 lineup. He'd be in the top 4 for sure, but the rest of those guys are bad. I think your top 6 combined would be Provorov, Streit, Sanheim, Braun, Ristolainen... woof.. I don't even want to put a 6th guy on the list.

In net, I think it's tough to pick against Hart at this point. Though Mason did have a really good year that year. Jones in a landslide over Emery.

Up front I think it's an interesting comparison. I think prime-Giroux and young-Couturier are a wash with old-Giroux and prime-Couturier. I'd take prime-Voracek over Atkinson. Schenn and Konecny are pretty reasonable comparisons. Simmonds significantly over JvR. I guess Raffl is probably your 6th forward, vs Farabee. I'd take Farabee there pretty comfortably. But overall, I think you're taking 14-15's top 6 over the current top 6. Mainly because of Voracek and Simmonds.

Bottom 6, Laughton, Lindblom, MacEwen, Thompson, Brassard, and Brown vs. Bellemare, Vandevelde, Read, Umberger, Rinaldo, Lecavalier. This years group isn't great, though I like Laughton and Lindblom. Outside of Read though, the 14-15 group is very bad. So I think I'd take 21-22's bottom 6 over 14-15's bottom 6.

Top 6: 14-15
Bottom 6: 21-22
Defense: 21-22
Goaltending: 21-22

To me, 21-22 is better on paper than 14-15.
Yes but comparing these two teams just points out to me that our overall management has failed miserably at building a team with at least a few 1a caliber type players. In those separated years you have only 2 dmen who would even be considered a 2a guy. On paper both those teams aren't very good.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but comparing these two teams just points out to me that our overall management has failed miserably at building a team with at least a few 1a caliber type players. In those separated years you have only 2 dmen who would even be considered a 2a guy. On paper both those teams aren't very good.
I agree with AWAZ view that 21-22 is a more talented squad than 14-15. Crispy's point here though is spot on. NOTHING has been done from a roster standpoint that makes this team a contender..... and 6/7 years is plenty of time to execute on something..... Being stuck in the middle (mediocre) is purgatory....

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to create some posts put down some scenarios on how we could stop finishing in the the last spot of the playoffs or just out of the playoffs year after year after year.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to create some posts put down some scenarios on how we could stop finishing in the the last spot of the playoffs or just out of the playoffs year after year after year.
Tank for a couple of seasons? Gotta be another McDavid/McKinnon out there somewhere.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, as it was for Hart, I think it's time to see what York or Allison can add to this team. I mean come on, at this point they can't be any worse than Yandle, Seeler, or Ristolainen.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, as it was for Hart, I think it's time to see what York or Allison can add to this team. I mean come on, at this point they can't be any worse than Yandle, Seeler, or Ristolainen.
Agree Id love to see what York can do and Allison will be back soon i just wonder who will get benched upon his arrival. i hope its Lindblom and his 1 goal and 1 assist.