• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight's line up

Oskar Lindblom - Sean Couturier - Travis Konecny

Scott Laughton - Kevin Hayes - Cam Atkinson

Morgan Frost - Claude Giroux - James van Riemsdyk

Derick Brassard - Patrick Brown - Zack MacEwen

Ivan Provorov - Justin Braun

Travis Sanheim - Rasmus Ristolainen

Keith Yandle - Nick Seeler

Carter Hart

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think he's hurt that bad where he will be missing a few years. If we did have to put him on LTIR we are able to exceed the cap by the amount of his salary so we wouldn't have to eat his salary.

The real problem is he's good and we need a very good defenseman out on the ice not a player sitting out 20 -30 games.
He's fragile, he's one good injury away from calling it a career.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's fragile, he's one good injury away from calling it a career.
I'm not sure Ellis is done but it does suck that he's missed so much. There was always that risk I guess but Fletcher had to do something better to roll the dice then stay put.

It's just hard to believe that they are this bad they started out great got some injuries and then faded. I know Ellis was important as he filled that massive hole but I sure didn't think it would be this bad. They can't even score a goal anymore...

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone else think that Hayes is still not 100%?
Who does Frost have to get compromising pictures of to get legit top 6 minutes?
Why are we still trying to play the AV 4th line dreggs?

Lindblom Couturier Konecny
Giroux Frost Atkinson

After that it gets dicy. I like Laughton, Brassard is okay, JvR has look BAD. Hayes still looks hurt.

The Ellis deal was a roll of the dice. It could still play out to our advantage, but for now...it stinks. What stinks even more is that Fletcher knew in the bubble that Niskanen was retiring and did nothing. Sat on it for a Summer. Sat on it for a season. Then, after AV and French Mike messed up the development of half of the blueline, trades away Myers and Hagg. Personally, I don't let Fletcher make any moves without the sign off. He and Yeo should be gone. We need new eyes in the GM chair. This coming draft is too important and too deep to mess up.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Giroux Frost Atkinson

After that it gets dicy. I like Laughton, Brassard is okay, JvR has look BAD. Hayes still looks hurt.

The Ellis deal was a roll of the dice. It could still play out to our advantage, but for now...it stinks. What stinks even more is that Fletcher knew in the bubble that Niskanen was retiring and did nothing. Sat on it for a Summer. Sat on it for a season. Then, after AV and French Mike messed up the development of half of the blueline, trades away Myers and Hagg. Personally, I don't let Fletcher make any moves without the sign off. He and Yeo should be gone. We need new eyes in the GM chair. This coming draft is too important and too deep to mess up.
Yep agreed. Although they started hot so something was there then the depth wasn't there to handle the injuries. They just aren't good enough overall I guess.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Giroux Frost Atkinson

I agree with everything here. Hayes isn't going to get to 100% this year. Maybe not even early next year. That core muscle surgery that he got screws up everyone for a long time. And he got two of them. So that's an obstacle they're just going to have to figure out.

Ellis was a roll of the dice. They were between a rock and a hard place there. Ellis was my #1 choice as a solution because his cap hit is only 6.25M. He's been good when he's played, but obviously he's useless in the press box. But they had a hard enough time fitting his 6.25M, where were they going to come up with the space to add 9M for Hamilton or 9.5M for Jones? You can get in to Ristolainen and his cap hit, but everyone and their mother was clamoring for them to add some physicality, especially to the blueline. And they needed someone that could play top 4 minutes and do that. Risto was essentially the option. A gamble, sure, but there are no guarantees when you have to build a blueline through trades/free agency. The guarantees are locked up long term on the teams that drafted them, or they're paid mind blowing money.

Fletcher swung for the fences this offseason and it obviously hasn't panned out. At this point they don't look like they're going to win for weeks. It's mind blowing to me that they'd stick with this limbo BS with Yeo. Either say he's the coach for the rest of the year or hire someone. The guys may like Yeo, but they're going to be wondering how long he's going to be around and how much they actually have to absorb from him before they just go to a new guy.

Fletcher needs to get on to plan B here. Figure out who the coach is going to be for the rest of year. And figure out what your plan is. Are you going to try to augment this situation to try to turn the ship around? Or are you going to pack it in and start over?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure Ellis is done but it does suck that he's missed so much. There was always that risk I guess but Fletcher had to do something better to roll the dice then stay put.

It's just hard to believe that they are this bad they started out great got some injuries and then faded. I know Ellis was important as he filled that massive hole but I sure didn't think it would be this bad. They can't even score a goal anymore...
This team is a joke at this point.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Giroux Frost Atkinson

As soon as i saw Lindblom on our first line all i could do is laugh and start looking at how many ping pong balls do we get for having the worst record in the league.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are Risto and Sanheim still a pair.

Risto is minus 11 in the past 9 games.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won 40 of 59 faceoffs and still only had 25 shots.

That's really hard to accomplish but yes folks we did it.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won 40 of 59 faceoffs and still only had 25 shots.

That's really hard to accomplish but yes folks we did it.
Was one of my favorite Big Bang episodes last night. Sheldon gets sick and Raj, Howard and Leonard go to the Planet of the Apes marathon to hide out.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean sure. It's kind of like re-arranging deck chairs on the titanic I guess. But I'd be shocked if those guys bring anything more than Lindblom is. They're not even good at the AHL level.

I guess well get to see what he can bring to the NHl level.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st outside of original 6 teams.

Why cant they get this shit right for the fans

Just fucking clean house already
On the other hand, why bother ? Value is up - it’s a business - can sell it any time.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purdue gets ranked number 1 for the first time ever and loses its first game out.

Flyers lose 9th and 10th straight.

Man this is a tough week for you.