• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not the coach it's the players they just aren't good enough.

Ive been saying this for years and now we have the 6th coach since 2013.

Its a pattern.
I have to agree. AV win everywhere he went. No coach will be able to make this team turn the switch. Rebuild, try to shed salary of that's even possible. There will be contending teams that probably would make a trade with us. If G is willing to move his NTC, this would be the time to do so. Last night was brutal. I turned it off midway into the second period. I may watch the Avs steamroller is tonight just to see their superstars.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree with most everyone that Rick Tocchet should be hired as AV;s replacement.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree. AV win everywhere he went. No coach will be able to make this team turn the switch. Rebuild, try to shed salary of that's even possible. There will be contending teams that probably would make a trade with us. If G is willing to move his NTC, this would be the time to do so. Last night was brutal. I turned it off midway into the second period. I may watch the Avs steamroller is tonight just to see their superstars.
This is what we have to do now and it should've been done 3-4 years ago.

This is going to be a loooooong process which is why it shouldve started years ago so settle in and be prepared to be middle of the road or really bad for years to come.

If i was a coach out there these days i wouldn't take the job as the incoming coach will probably be fired in a couple of years just as we start to get good.

Thank god we traded a first and second rounder for Risto as we could really use thise picks to help our rebuild go faster.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Yeo is our new head coach instead of interim, I will def be done with this organization. You can't keep getting it this wrong.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also the rebuild needs to start with a new captain, Giroux was great while here but we need that money for a younger talented hungry player.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Yeo is our new head coach instead of interim, I will def be done with this organization. You can't keep getting it this wrong.

Press conference said interim. Couple of the early tweets specifically stated he'd be the coach tonight considering the back to backs.

But Fletcher also said he hasn't been making calls on a full-time guy yet. Not exactly sure what he's waiting for there tbh. Due diligence probably would've had him start when the team had lost 5-6-7 in a row maybe? Coming off an abysmal season? Thought that was curious. But things happen fast. Maybe they just want Yeo to get them the rest of the way through the 5 in 7 before muddying the water with a new guy that wouldn't have any practice time for a week.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also the rebuild needs to start with a new captain, Giroux was great while here but we need that money for a younger talented hungry player.

Barring a miracle turnaround, he has to be moved at the deadline. They can eat a bunch of his salary, he's still a high quality player. Plenty of teams would pony up a real nice return for him.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barring a miracle turnaround, he has to be moved at the deadline. They can eat a bunch of his salary, he's still a high quality player. Plenty of teams would pony up a real nice return for him.
He would have to agree to move his NTC.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody really talks about the scouting dept. I'm wondering how a team like TB seems to nail their picks and development and compare it to ours? Do you have confidence with our current scouts?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would have to agree to move his NTC.

Ya, but that's got to be a no-brainer for him right? Dude wants to win. If the Flyers continue to flounder he'll waive to go to a contender at the deadline. I have no doubt about it.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, but that's got to be a no-brainer for him right? Dude wants to win. If the Flyers continue to flounder he'll waive to go to a contender at the deadline. I have no doubt about it.
Agree. The only thing I can think of not removing it would be for family issues?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody really talks about the scouting dept. I'm wondering how a team like TB seems to nail their picks and development and compare it to ours? Do you have confidence with our current scouts?

I'm not sure what to think about scouts tbh. Obviously the Flyers crew hasn't excelled the way the Lightning have. But nobody has matched what the Lightning have done. On the whole scale, I bet the Flyers don't look THAT bad. You've got the Sabres/Sens/Devils/Coyotes and probably a few others that have been swimming in better draft picks than the Flyers have only to be at the basement year after year. Heck you can even throw the Oilers in there too if you take the no-brainer McDavid gift away (though Draisatl was obviously a good selection).

But they clearly didn't draft the right guys to put a contender out there.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. The only thing I can think of not removing it would be for family issues?

Yep, probably right. I would think they'd be able to manage wherever for 3 months though. Then sign where it makes sense for the family in the summer.

Unless he's as diehard a Flyers fan as the rest of us poor saps, I think he's gone at the deadline.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Press conference said interim. Couple of the early tweets specifically stated he'd be the coach tonight considering the back to backs.

But Fletcher also said he hasn't been making calls on a full-time guy yet. Not exactly sure what he's waiting for there tbh. Due diligence probably would've had him start when the team had lost 5-6-7 in a row maybe? Coming off an abysmal season? Thought that was curious. But things happen fast. Maybe they just want Yeo to get them the rest of the way through the 5 in 7 before muddying the water with a new guy that wouldn't have any practice time for a week.
I guess I'm still amazed he wasn't axed with the rest.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scouting is hard because your trying to compare junior talent to NHl level talent.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, probably right. I would think they'd be able to manage wherever for 3 months though. Then sign where it makes sense for the family in the summer.

Unless he's as diehard a Flyers fan as the rest of us poor saps, I think he's gone at the deadline.
Any untouchables on this roster in your opinion?

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scouting is hard because your trying to compare junior talent to NHl level talent.
that's a fair point. I brought this up for the reasons how we have missed on players like Pedersson, Makar, etc. They all were drafted after our pick. That was just a couple of players to come to mind.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's a fair point. I brought this up for the reasons how we have missed on players like Pedersson, Makar, etc. They all were drafted after our pick. That was just a couple of players to come to mind.
Do you know which players we took instead? May have been a factor is why I'm asking. Also look at Patrick, number 2 pick that's no longer here.