• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2025 Rosterbation

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I known, it is WAY early. But I just wanted to track who is gone or susceptible to an option for next year, and that belongs in a Rosterbation thread. So, here you go…

After the ‘24 season…

Free Agents

Casalli
Cobb
Conforto

Player Options

Snell (30M)
Ray (2y, 50M)
Chapman (17M, 2M buyout)
Flores (3M)

Team Option

Jackson (7M, 2M buyout)

Arbitration

Yastrzemski A4
Estrada A3
Rogers, Ty A3
Wade A3
Young A3
Doval A1
Warren A1

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Chappy will opt out. Babe, Cobb, Forto gone. Jax gone. All the arbs get signed.
I think 17M is a fair rate for Chappy. I don’t think he has done enough YET this season to make his opt-out a forgone conclusion. Certainly a possibility, though. From a Giants POV, I think we would hope he DOES opt out.

As for the Arb-kids, I think only Estrada has played his way into danger. Especially if Luciano doesnt face-plant offensively. He should be the 2B next year.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 17M is a fair rate for Chappy. I don’t think he has done enough YET this season to make his opt-out a forgone conclusion. Certainly a possibility, though. From a Giants POV, I think we would hope he DOES opt out.

As for the Arb-kids, I think only Estrada has played his way into danger. Especially if Luciano doesnt face-plant offensively. He should be the 2B next year.
they are playing Luci a bunch at 2b now, so I guess we'll see. I'd trade Chappy before he opts out.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they are playing Luci a bunch at 2b now, so I guess we'll see. I'd trade Chappy before he opts out.
Player options have shown to be very difficult to trade. Too much variability for the “buying” team.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Player options have shown to be very difficult to trade. Too much variability for the “buying” team.
Sure, but that would be factored into the price. Besides, an acquiring team might only want him for the rest of the year, or negotiate directly to buy out his option if they want to keep him.

Point is, FZ won't trade him. Or Soler. Or Conforto. Or Snell.

And that, IMO will be a mistake.

sf1giantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Chap will stick around unless he puts up better numbers and he thinks he has a chance at getting a bigger pay day in free agency. I hope he does better to help us to the playoffs and then signs with some other team in the off season. Hopefully opening the door for one of our younger guys to take his place.

sf1giantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m actually okay keeping Flores and Estrada for the season if they show some numbers closer to last year’s numbers. If not let the rookies take over. I’m ok trading Yaz to Boston to get a decent package back and resigning Wade, Roger’s and Doval (although we should be getting someone else to help close some games as I still don’t trust him as our full time closer).

Don’t see any reason for Casalli, Cobb or Conforto coming back.

After we win the World Series this year I think we will be even better next year with Lee back and our rookies setting comfortable in their new positions.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m actually okay keeping Flores and Estrada for the season if they show some numbers closer to last year’s numbers. If not let the rookies take over. I’m ok trading Yaz to Boston to get a decent package back and resigning Wade, Roger’s and Doval (although we should be getting someone else to help close some games as I still don’t trust him as our full time closer).

Don’t see any reason for Casalli, Cobb or Conforto coming back.

After we win the World Series this year I think we will be even better next year with Lee back and our rookies setting comfortable in their new positions.
I don't see Wilmer putting up 2023 numbers this year. I doubt Yaz wants to go to Boston, but who knows. I'm perfectly fine with Camilo as the closer.