• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Patriots Draft Thread

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pick someone who didn't meet expectations
The choice was Ryan Leaf or Peyton Manning that year. Leaf was expected to be a monster Marino. IMO, Leaf probably had one of the highest expectations only to be one of the biggest failures ever.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The choice was Ryan Leaf or Peyton Manning that year. Leaf was expected to be a monster Marino. IMO, Leaf probably had one of the highest expectations only to be one of the biggest failures ever.
and he was a total bottom feeder of a human being. I'd put Art Schlicter in that category too. Rick Mirer, David Carr, Tim Couch are all better examples. Trey Lance is a pretty good one too.

Don't you think Leaf's arrest record shows his personal troubles may have contributed to his professional problems?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some kids can handle the pressure and throw the ball, some kids can throw the ball.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you think Leaf's arrest record shows his personal troubles may have contributed to his professional problems?
True. Didn't think too much about that. I remember more about the Colts not making their decision until the last second.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave up drooling about nearly 60 years ago, except for those times I had anesthetic pumped into my jaw.

I like, not love, Nix. Intrigued by Penix and whether or not he could withstand the pounding. I've always 'liked' Daniels because he seems to have that internal giddyup and isn't afraid to take a chance.

I don't care at all for Williams. I wonder if Maye can be another Josh Allen or Ryan Leaf?
Williams paints his fingernails.....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to NBC Sports Boston, the Patriots have already been contacted by four teams about the #3 pick. Thosefour are, The New York Giants, Atlanta Falcons, Las Vegas Raiders and Minnesota Vikings.

Reportedly, they have all been told that it will cost them. The Giants seem to want it bad regardless if it's Daniels or Maye. Supposedly they will give up #6 in the first, #39 and #47 in the second and their second and third in 2025.

Everyone else is trying to figure out a way to beat that rumored deal.

IF.................again, IF that rumor is true, TAKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Four picks in the first fifty is a chance to fix just about the entire offense. Especially if they can get a free agent QB to bridge the gap.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to NBC Sports Boston, the Patriots have already been contacted by four teams about the #3 pick. Thosefour are, The New York Giants, Atlanta Falcons, Las Vegas Raiders and Minnesota Vikings.

Reportedly, they have all been told that it will cost them. The Giants seem to want it bad regardless if it's Daniels or Maye. Supposedly they will give up #6 in the first, #39 and #47 in the second and their second and third in 2025.

IF.................again, IF that rumor is true, TAKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Four picks in the first fifty is a chance to fix just about the entire offense. Especially if they can get a free agent QB to bridge the gap.
And at number 6 there is a chance one of the top three QBs falls because teams may need a WR or OT and one of the top OTs will be there if three teams take QBs or WRs

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bowers, two tackles and a WR.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In all honesty, that seems like to much for NYG to give up maybe 6 and 39 but 47 is to much draft capital

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why no QB
We already have a 5th QB taken. Want to go down that route again?

Is this really 1983 again? 3 or 4 HOF QB's taken in the first round? I just don't see it.

The hype says Williams, Maye, Daniels, Penix, Nix, McCarthy.

Which one is Dan Marino and which one is Tony Eason?

Do we take a gunslinger this time instead of "Makes good decisions"? Fuck it, we take the Howitzer from Tennessee.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We already have a 5th QB taken. Want to go down that route again?

Is this really 1983 again? 3 or 4 HOF QB's taken in the first round? I just don't see it.

The hype says Williams, Maye, Daniels, Penix, Nix, McCarthy.

Which one is Dan Marino and which one is Tony Eason?

Do we take a gunslinger this time instead of "Makes good decisions"? Fuck it, we take the Howitzer from Tennessee.
I really do not understand your reply. Every draft pick is a risk, but you draft based on need and hope it pans out. IMO QB is our greatest need, gotta roll the dice on someone.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really do not understand your reply. Every draft pick is a risk, but you draft based on need and hope it pans out. IMO QB is our greatest need, gotta roll the dice on someone.
Yes. and it all depends on how FA plays out.

Biggest need for sure, but other huge glaring holes too. Who do they resign. Who do they sign?

OT - Talented but not driven Brown is gone. Does Onwenu come back? If no, does OT become our biggest need?
WR - JuJu should be gone. Parker should be gone. Does Bourne come back? He was our best WR for most of the season, but he's still a 2 at best anywhere else.
TE - Do they have any? Is Pharaoh Brown a FA too? That's a big hole.
RB - I don't even know...

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. and it all depends on how FA plays out.

Biggest need for sure, but other huge glaring holes too. Who do they resign. Who do they sign?

OT - Talented but not driven Brown is gone. Does Onwenu come back? If no, does OT become our biggest need?
WR - JuJu should be gone. Parker should be gone. Does Bourne come back? He was our best WR for most of the season, but he's still a 2 at best anywhere else.
TE - Do they have any? Is Pharaoh Brown a FA too? That's a big hole.
RB - I don't even know...
Yeah OT could very well become the number one need. I do hope we retain Onwenu as he can play G and RT.

WR I hope we attack in FA.

Isn't Henry coming back? And we can get a TE in round three.

I feel RB is need.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Henry coming back? And we can get a TE in round three.
No. We need 7 first round picks.

2 OT's, a WR, a TE a CB. and 2 picks to spend on QB's.

Then I'll feel better.

Stressed Too Much GIF by NewQuest

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question: Are we overlooking JJ McCarthy? We could trade down once maybe twice and pick him up around 15 or 16.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question: Are we overlooking JJ McCarthy? We could trade down once maybe twice and pick him up around 15 or 16.
I don't think he's being overlooked. Just that he's not being discussed with the top 3. Most people in here think anyone below them is not worth the time to discuss.

I think taking a QB with #3 is stupid unless they sign Owenu and Jonah Williams in FA. If they have a two solid tackles with Reif and Anderson backing up and Strange and Sow at OG, then taking one of Williams, Daniels or Maye at #3 might be okay. I say might. Why did Mac drop to 15? Whay wasn't he snatched prior? Same for whoever drops to #3. Whay wasn't he taken at5 #1 or #2? I hate the idea of taking anyone who "falls" to the Patriots. They are there because others know something, saw something or really dislike something about the guy who 'fell'.

I'd prefer that they trade out if the QB at #3 is NOT the guy they wanted. Don't feel that you HAVE to take anyone because everyone else thinks you should. Hell. Tell Arizona that you're taking MHJ or trading the pick to someone who will. Demand #4 and #27 or watch him slip away. Then trade the #4 to a QB starved team who wants the leftover QB and stock up on second or third round picks and a future first round.

Then get the QB you like and/or the best WR available. You don't have to finish the dinner off someone else's plate.