• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Patriots Draft Thread

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're all correct. the draft is a crap shoot. Mahomes was #10, Jim Kelly was #14, Dan Marino was #27 and we all know Tom Brady was #199

Then there were the #1 busts like Jeff George, Tim Couch, JaMarcus Russell and David Carr.

Picking a QB in the first round is like running around in a thunderstorm carrying a 20 foot steel pole.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're all correct. the draft is a crap shoot. Mahomes was #10, Jim Kelly was #14, Dan Marino was #27 and we all know Tom Brady was #199

Then there were the #1 busts like Jeff George, Tim Couch, JaMarcus Russell and David Carr.

Picking a QB in the first round is like running around in a thunderstorm carrying a 20 foot steel pole.
Look at the average draft position for QBs in the hall of fame. There are outliers in the top who failed and bottom that succeeded, but the average would be more telling. My guess is the average isn't far off from somewhere in the first round.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cannot draft any player that hasn't had injuries. Its a physical game it happens. And with today's medicine it's no longer the death sentence it once was

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cannot draft any player that hasn't had injuries. Its a physical game it happens. And with today's medicine it's no longer the death sentence it once was
Martin Short Franck GIF

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bullseye. If not for injury the Pats likely never would've gotten Gronk with a second round pick and look how that turned out.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kliff Kingsbury is now the OC of the Washington Commanders. According to the Washington Post, Kingsbury has pretty much told the Commanders that he does NOT want Derick Maye as the QB. He wants Jayden Daniels. Like any other rumor, no one can confirm anything. If this is true, then the Patriots could have Maye fall in their lap.

Here's where the fun starts. There are teams that want maye, who's being comopred to Josh Allen. There are teams who want Marvin Harrison Jr. who is being touted as generational talent. The Patriots can dangle that pick and let the fools rush in. If they do trade it, don't drop below #10 and get a 2024 second and third and a 2025 first. Even the Arizona Cardinals will have to be making an offer to make sure that a team that wants MHJ doesn't make a better offer than them.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kliff Kingsbury is now the OC of the Washington Commanders. According to the Washington Post, Kingsbury has pretty much told the Commanders that he does NOT want Derick Maye as the QB. He wants Jayden Daniels. Like any other rumor, no one can confirm anything. If this is true, then the Patriots could have Maye fall in their lap.

Here's where the fun starts. There are teams that want maye, who's being comopred to Josh Allen. There are teams who want Marvin Harrison Jr. who is being touted as generational talent. The Patriots can dangle that pick and let the fools rush in. If they do trade it, don't drop below #10 and get a 2024 second and third and a 2025 first. Even the Arizona Cardinals will have to be making an offer to make sure that a team that wants MHJ doesn't make a better offer than them.

Tell us you're still drooling over Bo Nix without telling us.

My heart is still set on Daniels or Maye, in that order.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell us you're still drooling over Bo Nix without telling us.

My heart is still set on Daniels or Maye, in that order.
I gave up drooling about nearly 60 years ago, except for those times I had anesthetic pumped into my jaw.

I like, not love, Nix. Intrigued by Penix and whether or not he could withstand the pounding. I've always 'liked' Daniels because he seems to have that internal giddyup and isn't afraid to take a chance.

I don't care at all for Williams. I wonder if Maye can be another Josh Allen or Ryan Leaf?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave up drooling about nearly 60 years ago, except for those times I had anesthetic pumped into my jaw.

I like, not love, Nix. Intrigued by Penix and whether or not he could withstand the pounding. I've always 'liked' Daniels because he seems to have that internal giddyup and isn't afraid to take a chance.

I don't care at all for Williams. I wonder if Maye can be another Josh Allen or Ryan Leaf?
Ryan Leaf is rarely a fair standard. Pick someone who didn't meet expectations, not a total bottom feeder.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Daniels comes off as a winner to me. And not just because he wins. He leads his offense.

I, like a bunch of others including you, am not interested in Williams. I actually find it odd that he's the golden boy #1 predicted pick at 6'1" and a whiny attitude.

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniels comes off as a winner to me. And not just because he wins. He leads his offense.

I, like a bunch of others including you, am not interested in Williams. I actually find it odd that he's the golden boy #1 predicted pick at 6'1" and a whiny attitude.

In 3 years Caleb has a total of 120 passing and rushing touchdowns and only 14 turnovers. I’m guessing that’s why. I would take him in a freaking heart beat

Any of the big 3 qb’s would please me.

Last edited: