• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Patriots Draft Thread

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I just looked at the 2025 NFL Draft prospects, specifically the QBs, we better grab a QB this year, is all I can say.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More and more media are quoting sources that Chicago will take Caleb Williams with the #1 pick. There are also more and more people who are saying that Williams does not want to play for the Bears. Interestingly, Williams camp spoke yesterday and said that he is not Anti-Chicago or Anti-Bears. They also said that CW does not want to start any problems. With such a fast defense, one has to wonder where Williams wants to go. He's from the Commanders' area and now the rumors are starting that he wants to go there. Does this mean that we will experience another Eli Manning/Philip Rivers scenario?

Do the Bears work out a deal with the Commanders and get a pick or two? Or do the Bears find out what AFC team that Williams would play for and start trying to work out something. If he would play for the Patriots, would you give up a third round pick as well as the #3 and draft Williams? Or would you rather let him go elsewhere? Then again, if Van Pelt can convince Mayfield to sign with NE, would you grab Harrison with #3??

Free Agency is going to determine a lot of draft moves.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More and more media are quoting sources that Chicago will take Caleb Williams with the #1 pick. There are also more and more people who are saying that Williams does not want to play for the Bears. Interestingly, Williams camp spoke yesterday and said that he is not Anti-Chicago or Anti-Bears. They also said that CW does not want to start any problems. With such a fast defense, one has to wonder where Williams wants to go. He's from the Commanders' area and now the rumors are starting that he wants to go there. Does this mean that we will experience another Eli Manning/Philip Rivers scenario?

Do the Bears work out a deal with the Commanders and get a pick or two? Or do the Bears find out what AFC team that Williams would play for and start trying to work out something. If he would play for the Patriots, would you give up a third round pick as well as the #3 and draft Williams? Or would you rather let him go elsewhere? Then again, if Van Pelt can convince Mayfield to sign with NE, would you grab Harrison with #3??

Free Agency is going to determine a lot of draft moves.
No I grab a QB because Mayfield is not the answer. Unless you grab Naber or MHJ then a QB like McCarthy or Penix.

QBs of preference

1. Maye
2. Daniels
3 Williams
4McCarthy
5. Nix

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayfield… Cousins… etc will cost too much $. I know we have cap space but I don’t want to use a huge amount on them.

No on Fields either. We get him cheap for one season and then pay for a huge contract when his is set to expire.

Give me a promising rookie QB that I have some control of.

My rookie preference:

Williams
Maye
Daniels
McCarthy
Nix
Penix
Rattler…. Had a good career. Had a very good Senior bowl. Might be able to land him in the 3rd. But he probably has moved up the draft after this week.

Also wouldn’t mind signing J. Brissett ( who has worked prior with Van Pelt) so the rookie can sit and learn.

Last edited:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if the Pats decide to take a QB @ 34 what are you all thinking at #3? LT or WR?

I think we have to take a LT, there are a lot of decent WRs this year and we should be able to nab at least one on FA.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have to take a LT,
How about trying to sign Tyron Smith OT of the Cowboys and resigning Mike Owenu? That would take care of the OL and maybe go outside the box and draft Brock Bowers TE or Cooper Dejean CB Iowa?? If they think this way, Teams will line up and trade their mothers for a shot at MH jr.

I think that the Cardinals would guarantee themselves Harrison by giving up #4 and #21. Pick up whoever they want at #4 and still have a shot for an OT or really good WR or even a QB at #21.

OR even trade the #4 for something under #12 and an additional second round pick.

Being in #3 gives the Patriots a huge chance to really stack up picks to fix everything.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about trying to sign Tyron Smith OT of the Cowboys and resigning Mike Owenu? That would take care of the OL and maybe go outside the box and draft Brock Bowers TE or Cooper Dejean CB Iowa?? If they think this way, Teams will line up and trade their mothers for a shot at MH jr.

I think that the Cardinals would guarantee themselves Harrison by giving up #4 and #21. Pick up whoever they want at #4 and still have a shot for an OT or really good WR or even a QB at #21.

OR even trade the #4 for something under #12 and an additional second round pick.

Being in #3 gives the Patriots a huge chance to really stack up picks to fix everything.
That would be two contracts to Tackles that's a lot of cake vs a roookie

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots looking at a Day 3 QB in the draft? Joe Milton TENN?

Read this morning that Groh had an unscheduled meeting with Brenden Rice...........yep, son of HOF Jerry Rice. Jeezuzz I'm getting old.

I like Joe Milton as a day 3 prospect.
I've said before he can throw it across the river from inside Neyland Stadium, but he couldn't hit the river if he was standing in it.
While obviously an exaggeration, if he could slow down just a bit and make better decisions just a bit quicker...2 or 3 years behind an established pro, he might be the next Brett Favre.

Or not.

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Brock Bowers TE Georgia. The guy might be the best college TE I’ve ever seen.

But good God is he a goofy looking mo’fo!

IMG_3439.jpeg