• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Patriots Draft Thread

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we don’t draft one of Williams… Maye or Daniels I will not be happy. These 3 are head and shoulders above the rest. I doubt we draft this high again. And if you get a chance at a quality starting QB you do it.

View attachment 352278
Wow!
I didn't realize Jones was so good!

2nd Worst! I would have thought he would have been worst at the very least!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% agreed. We gotta go QB and then build the rest out around him. I would take Maye or Daniels over Williams even though Williams is supposed to be some once in a lifetime thing. He just reeks of bust. The other two guys seems to have upside based on their personalities.
He may be Mahommes 2.0.

Or he may be an exceptional college QB.

dice GIF by Lil Skies

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll only be as good as the talent around him.

He'll need a complete OL to protect him and at least one WR who can stretch the field, better if they pick up two.

Protection first and targets second.

Can't wait for the Combine.

You just know that there will be a couple of surprise breakouts.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll only be as good as the talent around him.

He'll need a complete OL to protect him and at least one WR who can stretch the field, better if they pick up two.

Protection first and targets second.

Can't wait for the Combine.

You just know that there will be a couple of surprise breakouts.
I find the combine interesting but overrated. When a "breakout" shows up you still need to compete with 31 other teams. I find the diamond hunting within UFAs immediately after the draft more invigorating.

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say the Patriots don’t like Maye or Daniels and they go a different route. Would you rather they draft a rare talent WR (MHJ) or a franchise OT (Alt). Both positions are deep. So we could go WR then OT with our 2nd rounder or vice verse…

I would go MHJ then Tyler Guyton.

Or

Alt then Legette/Worthy/Franklin

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say the Patriots don’t like Maye or Daniels and they go a different route. Would you rather they draft a rare talent WR (MHJ) or a franchise OT (Alt). Both positions are deep. So we could go WR then OT with our 2nd rounder or vice verse…

Or

I'm thinking Alt. As much as I'd like a MHJ I've hated watching this OL.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or

If they don't take Daniles or Maye then I would take Alt. I think Naber is a better WR t than MHJ

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of reports NE not exercising Mac's 5th year option. So are they getting their QB via FA or draft?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or

Fuck...I don't know.

I just want our QB to be clean so he can make most throws.
I want a QB that can make pinpoint crucial throws when the season is on the line.
I want WR's who can make circus catches when the QB is getting hit while throwing.

And I want CB's who return interceptions without ever drawing PI calls, Nose Tackles that require triple teaming, Blitzing LB's that run 4.30...

...and a kicker that is money.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck...I don't know.

I just want our QB to be clean so he can make most throws.
I want a QB that can make pinpoint crucial throws when the season is on the line.
I want WR's who can make circus catches when the QB is getting hit while throwing.

And I want CB's who return interceptions without ever drawing PI calls, Nose Tackles that require triple teaming, Blitzing LB's that run 4.30...

...and a kicker that is money.
I have some property in southern Florida if you're interested. Also have a magic lamp that I'll sell you cheap.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of reports NE not exercising Mac's 5th year option. So are they getting their QB via FA or draft?
The cheapest salary for the Patriots if they did exercise it would be $32M for 2025. No way that that they cough up that kind of money for him.
Right now he's being a bit of a pain in the ass to the organization. His personal QB coach had an private interview with Tom Curran nad tyold Mac to demand a trade when Josh took the Raiders HC job. This guy knew that he'd reached his summit and would crash without a guy like JM to hold his hand. Patricia was the worst thing that could have happened. Mac told the guy that between Patricia and Judge, he felt like his head had been placed in a noose and he was choking to death. In my opinion, he couldn't have described himself better. Now he talking to any one who will listen outside of the Boston area.

Mayo has indicated that he'd like to keep Mac around and see what he'll do with a new OC and coach to start 2024. Keep Zappe and Mac and draft a QB or sign someone like Tannehill and see if either of them can be a backup worth keeping?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m in the minority but I do not think Alt is a franchise OT. I’d move down if I did not want QB
I agree. IMO, I think he'd be much better on the right.

I think that JC Latham will be an All-Pro LT by 2026.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have some property in southern Florida if you're interested. Also have a magic lamp that I'll sell you cheap.
What???

Too much to ask?

Or too much all at once?

Oh, it's the 4.30 LB?
How about 4.40? 4.45??

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree with this, I think it's a bad move.