• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Patriots Draft Thread

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The draft room was not in BB's office at that time. See, you don't read or comprehend.

It was an adjacent office connected to Caserio's. No windows. One door in from outside and one door from Caserio's office.
One side was the top 200 college players based on the Patriots' scouting staff, Next to a consensus list. On the other side were multiple boards including the team's available picks and lists of the top needs per BB and Caserio. Every board was blank when I did Caserio's office set up.

I wasn't wearing a suit. I was wearing dark gray slacks, white shirt and red, white and blue striped tie.

Do any of you remember what my initial reason was for being in Coaches' Row??
Bill should have let his dog do the drafting, chances are he is still here

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I read the more I hope we take Jayden Daniels, even if Williams and Maye are still available at #3. My boss is a LSU fan and showed me a bunch of highlights yesterday and the guy is impressive. If he bulks up a little bit and learns to slide instead of taking the hit he could be awesome. He's got a cannon for an arm and is accurate.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I read the more I hope we take Jayden Daniels, even if Williams and Maye are still available at #3. My boss is a LSU fan and showed me a bunch of highlights yesterday and the guy is impressive. If he bulks up a little bit and learns to slide instead of taking the hit he could be awesome. He's got a cannon for an arm and is accurate.
I'm also leaning towards Daniels if NE goes QB.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O
I see Daniels a legit pick and one I can see Mayo making. 10 lbs of muscle would not hurt

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little humor...............

At this exact time last year (2023) we were discussing the upcoming draft. And what did we think was the greatest need??

#1 WR and OT.

Here we are in 2024 and what is the greatest need? WR and OT A-N-D QB.

Seriously, what the hell went wrong? Why wasn't one of the two huge issues resolved.

With $100M in cap spending available, BB no longer here, Don't you think that at least one or two of the problems should get addressed, with a known quantity. At least try to fix the WR position if you have to spend two thirds of the money to get them. Maybe a known QB. There is very little OL available but oner never knows if there's someone out there who just never got a chance to play regularly and just might be the answer at one end or the other. Sure would make the draft a hell of a lot easier.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His build is almost...spindly.
I think we get to caught up in a players build. The game has changed so much I am not so certain the build is a major issue anymore. Sure we don't want a 165 pound center, but a lot of the skills positions have slender builds and sustained success at this level. Is it a consideration? Maybe but I would not pass up on him because he's slender.

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we get to caught up in a players build. The game has changed so much I am not so certain the build is a major issue anymore. Sure we don't want a 165 pound center, but a lot of the skills positions have slender builds and sustained success at this level. Is it a consideration? Maybe but I would not pass up on him because he's slender.

Exactly. Are QB’s still getting hit? Sure… but not like it used to be. They are very protected by the NFL now.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. He'll need to play smater. Learn how to avoid taking big hits. Learn the Brady fetal position.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little humor...............

At this exact time last year (2023) we were discussing the upcoming draft. And what did we think was the greatest need??

#1 WR and OT.

Here we are in 2024 and what is the greatest need? WR and OT A-N-D QB.

Seriously, what the hell went wrong? Why wasn't one of the two huge issues resolved.

With $100M in cap spending available, BB no longer here, Don't you think that at least one or two of the problems should get addressed, with a known quantity. At least try to fix the WR position if you have to spend two thirds of the money to get them. Maybe a known QB. There is very little OL available but oner never knows if there's someone out there who just never got a chance to play regularly and just might be the answer at one end or the other. Sure would make the draft a hell of a lot easier.
We all know it.

Agholor for JuJu...WR was addressed. Also Smith for Gesicki.

Jake Andrews, Sidy Sow and Antonio Mafi. O Line was addressed. O Lineman usually take a couple years to develop into quality starters at the NFL level. Time will tell on this bunch.

Matt Pafatfuck took the hit on the offense under performing. It was assessed that Jones would return to '21 level of play. He regressed further.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I was commenting more on another post that he needs to learn to slide more.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. That and the trainers will get him on a diet and exercise regimen to maximize his muscle stregth and size for his position. Aren't any QBs built like Metcalf or Trent Brown. My guess is that his true size won't be known until the Combine, if he goes.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I am going Daniels over Williams for sure and even over Maye now.. I really hope the Pats get him and Marvin Harrison Jr... But probably neither will happen

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I am going Daniels over Williams for sure and even over Maye now.. I really hope the Pats get him and Marvin Harrison Jr... But probably neither will happen
I can't see anyway both will happen. And I think Nabers is better than Harrison. There are post round 1 WRS that are really good.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see anyway both will happen. And I think Nabers is better than Harrison. There are post round 1 WRS that are really good.

Yes how could I have forgotten about Nabers...

But now that Bill isn't in charge this is the best possibly scenerio that the Patriots have a "chance" to get both. Now I fully believe that won't happen and most likely neither would happen

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes how could I have forgotten about Nabers...

But now that Bill isn't in charge this is the best possibly scenerio that the Patriots have a "chance" to get both. Now I fully believe that won't happen and most likely neither would happen

If we don't get a top tier or top prospect QB in FA or the draft I will lose my fucking mind.

If we get one of the top QB's in the draft and he busts I'll live with it. At least we took a chance.

If we stick with Mac I'm taking up a new hobby on Sundays.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2