• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Patriots Draft Thread

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we don't get a top tier or top prospect QB in FA or the draft I will lose my fucking mind.

If we get one of the top QB's in the draft and he busts I'll live with it. At least we took a chance.

If we stick with Mac I'm taking up a new hobby on Sundays.

What hobby would that be? I am very curious! LOL

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe watching Patriots games in secret?????

Happy Pumped Up GIF by AT&T

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to all of the ""experts"", who claim to have sources coming out of every orfice...........

they guarantee that:

The Chicago Bears have already committed to Caleb Williams that they will draft him #1.

The Washington Commanders, who don't have a have a head coach, are seriously considering abandoning Howell and will select Mayer. Other ""experts"" are saying that they will select Marvin Harrison Jr. Yet another group says that they are in discussions with three other teams and may possibly be exploring a trade that will move them down but not out of getting a replacement DE to refill the two open spots from when they traded theirs in 2023.

There is the real possibility that both Mayer and Daniels will be available at #3. If the Commanders take Harrison or trade #3 so that someone else can get him, should the Patriots take Daniels or should they trade down? If the Commanders don't take Harrison, would you trade down to #5 Plus #37 and #106 so that the Chargers could get Harrison before the Cardinals get him? Cards will not take Daniels because they're committed to Murray. But trading to the Chargers might piss the Cards off enough and they could trade #4 to a QB needy team out of spite. Or Maybe they overpay to move up to #3 so that the Patriots don't trade with the Chargers and the Patriots could get #4 and #27?

There are so many possibilities that could happen.......................this is going to get tense.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly don't see why the Bears would take Williams over Harrison. Fields would be just fine with him as a WR and draft some OL and they would be fine.

I also don't see why they wouldn't trade the #1 pick because they'd get so much for the return

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to all of the ""experts"", who claim to have sources coming out of every orfice...........

they guarantee that:

The Chicago Bears have already committed to Caleb Williams that they will draft him #1.

The Washington Commanders, who don't have a have a head coach, are seriously considering abandoning Howell and will select Mayer. Other ""experts"" are saying that they will select Marvin Harrison Jr. Yet another group says that they are in discussions with three other teams and may possibly be exploring a trade that will move them down but not out of getting a replacement DE to refill the two open spots from when they traded theirs in 2023.

There is the real possibility that both Mayer and Daniels will be available at #3. If the Commanders take Harrison or trade #3 so that someone else can get him, should the Patriots take Daniels or should they trade down? If the Commanders don't take Harrison, would you trade down to #5 Plus #37 and #106 so that the Chargers could get Harrison before the Cardinals get him? Cards will not take Daniels because they're committed to Murray. But trading to the Chargers might piss the Cards off enough and they could trade #4 to a QB needy team out of spite. Or Maybe they overpay to move up to #3 so that the Patriots don't trade with the Chargers and the Patriots could get #4 and #27?

There are so many possibilities that could happen.......................this is going to get tense.

If Daniels is available at #3 and we do anything but take him I'm going to fucking harm myself.

I'll say the same for Drake Maye though I'd rather have Daniels.

If either is available, and one of them certainly should be, we need to fucking take them. Period. Fuck all else.

We have money to spend on FA. We'll get line and receiver help there.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

they guarantee that:

4 and 27 from a team not picking a QB would mean 27 is for free. No way that could be passed on.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

they guarantee that:

Wait the Pats have #3 and the commanders #2 correct? Anyway if Daniels is there at three you take him. Above all else we need a QB. Someone pointed out yesterday, if he's a bust so what at least we took the best QB avaiable to us at the time. I would take Maye if he is there then Daniels if not

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly don't see why the Bears would take Williams over Harrison. Fields would be just fine with him as a WR
Guess who the Bears interviewed yesterday for the OC position?

The OC of the USC Trojans, Cliff Kingsbury.

Oh my. Isn't that where Caleb Williams played so well?

The Bears are moving on from JF. He was at the helm for a 5-2 finish but he's not in their future.

He will be traded and the Bears are hoping for a first round pick.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Bears are moving on from JF. He was at the helm for a 5-2 finish but he's not in their future.

Hadn't heard they interviewed him. I was just stating my opening BigK wasn't trying to start a fight

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They're not getting a first rounder from anybody with a high pick. I'd be interested in Fields but not for the #3 pick that we have. No interest at all in that.

If we could somehow get Fields, trade back just a little bit and get a high end OL, I might be interested.

But I have my heart set on Jayden Daniels at #3.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're not getting a first rounder from anybody with a high pick. I'd be interested in Fields but not for the #3 pick that we have. No interest at all in that.

If we could somehow get Fields, trade back just a little bit and get a high end OL, I might be interested.

But I have my heart set on Jayden Daniels at #3.
Give them Mac and our 3rd we keep our first

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you swap #3 and Mac for #9 and Fields? Most likely could get OT JC Latham ALA with #9. JF was one of the best over the Bears last half of the season. Given the right coaching and decent offensive playbook, he just might be the answer. Plus he's played against everyone in the NFL and won't have to adapt to high level differences. Chicago might also be inclined to add a mid-round or a couple of late round picks.

They'd grab MHJ with #3 and have a killer offense with him, Williams at QB and DJ Moore.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you swap #3 and Mac for #9 and Fields? Most likely could get OT JC Latham ALA with #9. JF was one of the best over the Bears last half of the season. Given the right coaching and decent offensive playbook, he just might be the answer. Plus he's played against everyone in the NFL and won't have to adapt to high level differences. Chicago might also be inclined to add a mid-round or a couple of late round picks.

They'd grab MHJ with #3 and have a killer offense with him, Williams at QB and DJ Moore.
NO!

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we don’t draft one of Williams… Maye or Daniels I will not be happy. These 3 are head and shoulders above the rest. I doubt we draft this high again. And if you get a chance at a quality starting QB you do it.

IMG_3393.jpeg

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we don’t draft one of Williams… Maye or Daniels I will not be happy. These 3 are head and shoulders above the rest. I doubt we draft this high again. And if you get a chance at a quality starting QB you do View attachment 352278

100% agreed. We gotta go QB and then build the rest out around him. I would take Maye or Daniels over Williams even though Williams is supposed to be some once in a lifetime thing. He just reeks of bust. The other two guys seems to have upside based on their personalities.