• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Patriots Draft Thread

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still feel the hatred comes from BK’s visit to the Patriots Draft/War room. Belichick probably thought he was a janitor and told him to get the fuck out of the room. BK argued and questioned the draft board. Telling Belichick how he coached pee wee football for 60 years and knows more about football than Belichick. As security was taking him out he asked Belichick if he could use his name in his new book. Bill just mumbled and flipped him off.

It’s time to forgive him BK.
BB felt it wasn't a good look that RK odten wears a suit with no tie. It bothers the piss out of him

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB felt it wasn't a good look that RK odten wears a suit with no tie. It bothers the piss out of him
The draft room was not in BB's office at that time. See, you don't read or comprehend.

It was an adjacent office connected to Caserio's. No windows. One door in from outside and one door from Caserio's office.
One side was the top 200 college players based on the Patriots' scouting staff, Next to a consensus list. On the other side were multiple boards including the team's available picks and lists of the top needs per BB and Caserio. Every board was blank when I did Caserio's office set up.

I wasn't wearing a suit. I was wearing dark gray slacks, white shirt and red, white and blue striped tie.

Do any of you remember what my initial reason was for being in Coaches' Row??

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have expertise in ergonomics and Belichick's Admin Ass't. Berj Najarian was having some physical problems.
His office was an 8'x8' area outside the steel door to BB's office. He could barely sit in the hole with all of the crap and a four foot open path for BB to get into his office. Caserio heard I was working on Najarian's problem and came down and asked me to look at his desk setup.

I ended up spending two more days looking at everyone's desk setups including BB's.

Wrote up about six pages of recommendations. I know Caserio did what I suggested because he sent me an email. As far as the others, I don't have a clue. I never went back.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have expertise in ergonomics and Belichick's Admin Ass't. Berj Najarian was having some physical problems.
His office was an 8'x8' area outside the steel door to BB's office. He could barely sit in the hole with all of the crap and a four foot open path for BB to get into his office. Caserio heard I was working on Najarian's problem and came down and asked me to look at his desk setup.

I ended up spending two more days looking at everyone's desk setups including BB's.

Wrote up about six pages of recommendations. I know Caserio did what I suggested because he sent me an email. As far as the others, I don't have a clue. I never went back.
@cheerupcharlie and I were placing a side bet on whether or not you were called in for your peewee football coaching acumen. The terms of the bet faltered when we realized we both thought it was.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The draft room was not in BB's office at that time. See, you don't read or comprehend.

It was an adjacent office connected to Caserio's. No windows. One door in from outside and one door from Caserio's office.
One side was the top 200 college players based on the Patriots' scouting staff, Next to a consensus list. On the other side were multiple boards including the team's available picks and lists of the top needs per BB and Caserio. Every board was blank when I did Caserio's office set up.

I wasn't wearing a suit. I was wearing dark gray slacks, white shirt and red, white and blue striped tie.

Reread my comment. I think someone else may have an issue with comprehension?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought BB wanted to compare scouting reports with you.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which players should the Patriots target with the No. 3 pick? Here's a roundup of expert predictions from recent mock drafts.

Connor Rogers, NBC Sports: Marvin Harrison Jr., WR, Ohio State
Dane Brugler, The Athletic: Marvin Harrison Jr., WR, Ohio State
Jordan Reid, ESPN: Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU
Eddie Brown, San Diego Union-Tribune: Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU
Luke Easterling, Sports Illustrated: Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU
Josh Edwards, CBS Sports: Marvin Harrison, WR, Ohio State
Vinnie Iyer, Sporting News: Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU
Tankathon: Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU
Walter Football: Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which players should the Patriots target with the No. 3 pick? Here's a roundup of expert predictions from recent mock drafts.

Connor Rogers, NBC Sports: Marvin Harrison Jr., WR, Ohio State
Dane Brugler, The Athletic: Marvin Harrison Jr., WR, Ohio State
Jordan Reid, ESPN: Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU
Eddie Brown, San Diego Union-Tribune: Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU
Luke Easterling, Sports Illustrated: Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU
Josh Edwards, CBS Sports: Marvin Harrison, WR, Ohio State
Vinnie Iyer, Sporting News: Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU
Tankathon: Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU
Walter Football: Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU

I wouldn't mind either of those two but I want Harrison more than Daniels with the 3rd pick since there is no way Harrison slips any further, or at least to the next pick the Patriots have.

Harrison
Daniels
OL

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears take Williams, Commanders take Mayer

Patriots trade #3. They will get a monster deal from a team that can't help itself going for Marvin Harrison Jr. I honestly believe that the Bears will go ALL-IN to get MHJ. They will give the entire 2024 draft and 2025 first round pick for him. With him and DJ Moore, Williams will have everything he needs to come out firing.

At #9 the Patriots will be able to get one of the top three OTs and just keep filling in.

With no OTs in FA, Pats will concentrate on a couple of WRs. There is talk that Kirk Cousins has interest in going to NE now that BB is gone and could sign a very team friendly three year deal. Patriots could also make a play for KCC DE Chris Jones.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears take Williams, Commanders take Mayer

Patriots trade #3. They will get a monster deal from a team that can't help itself going for Marvin Harrison Jr. I honestly believe that the Bears will go ALL-IN to get MHJ. They will give the entire 2024 draft and 2025 first round pick for him. With him and DJ Moore, Williams will have everything he needs to come out firing.

At #9 the Patriots will be able to get one of the top three OTs and just keep filling in.

With no OTs in FA, Pats will concentrate on a couple of WRs. There is talk that Kirk Cousins has interest in going to NE now that BB is gone and could sign a very team friendly three year deal. Patriots could also make a play for KCC DE Chris Jones.
I'd be ok with this trade even though I'm not a huge fan of Cousin's. Take him for a 2yr stop gap. At least you know what you're getting.
But, I'd be more interested in seeing the 2025 picks then loading up on 2024 unless they use them to move up in the late 1st round. I'd also look at bringing in a couple of OLmen before a DE. NE is fine on D once healthy. Lots of serviceable T & G available, NE needs starters and depth on the OL. Spend on one of the top FA WRs.
Use the late 1st on either Nix, McCarthy or Penix in no particular order for whoever they feel most comfortable with.