• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Patriots Draft Thread

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what’s going to happen this offseason. The Patriots hire a coach who knows offense or a very good offensive coordinator. They see what Mac did as a rookie and know they can get that guy back. Build his confidence and show why he was a 1st round pick. We get in free agency one of Higgins.. Pittman.: Ridley or Evans at WR. We draft MHJ with our first pick and some OLineman with our 2nd and 3rd rounders. Mac goes on to a HOF career. Book it!
I can see it...almost.

The Pats hire an offensive HC and a new OC or give BOB free reign, Mac performs better, has better receivers that Bill would have acquired in FA and the draft as well, but the defense suffers and can no longer keep us in games.

Pats finish the same or close this season.
And next.
And '26.
'27 Kraft is looking for a HC again.
'30 J. Kraft is looking for a HC again.
'32 J. Kraft is looking for a HC. Again.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a trade and BB's strike of lightning. Welker was a trade too, though not lightning, just a magical pairing with TB.
It was a signing. Part of that trade also included Welket.

Danny Amendola?

Not WRs but how about Dillion and Blount.

He also made many signings on the D side of the ball
How quickly people forget.

You can't sign everybody. He assembled some of the greatest teams ever.
No one hits on all their picks.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AHhhhhhhhh, Ye of so little faith.

Please fill us in on the great FA WRs BB ever signed.
Ever? Ever???

David Patton.
Deion Branch.
Wes Welker.
Dante Stallworth.
Danny Amendola.
Joey Galloway.
Greg Lewis.
Tory Holt.
Chad OchoJohnson.
Brandon Lloyd.
Austin Collie.
Chris Hogan.
Nate Washington.
Michael Floyd.
Phillip Dorsett.
Cordarrelle Patterson.
Antonio Brown.
Mohamed Sanu.
Josh Gordon.

There's more I'm sure.
Not sure what you meant by great, so I included great before and after they were here, great before they were here and while they were here, great before they were here, and those that made great contribution, or had potential for greatness.

But go ahead and tell me how each and every one of them;
Sucked.
Sucked because of Bill.
Prove that Bill sucked.
Sucked some more and Bill sucks and has always sucked, and only did things by sucking and trying to ruin the Patriots chances of ever doing anything but suck.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great.............................How many of them have a bust in Canton, Ohio???
Really BK? You want to now base this on getting into the HOF?
It's getting toygher and tougher not to jump on the BK bashing train.

He assembled 6 SB teams. You can't sign every super star. JFC

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He assembled 6 SB teams. You can't sign every super star. JFC
I don't have an issue with BB's history other than he totally sucked at drafting and signing WRs. The one's he did sign were "good" because Tom Brady was able to blend them into the offense and they were able to catch his passes.

You adore the man, I don't. So arguing anything is a waste of time. I leave it at that.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have an issue with BB's history other than he totally sucked at drafting and signing WRs. The one's he did sign were "good" because Tom Brady was able to blend them into the offense and they were able to catch his passes.

You adore the man, I don't. So arguing anything is a waste of time. I leave it at that.
OK BK, have a good day because BB didn't sign every HOF inductee.

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I still feel the hatred comes from BK’s visit to the Patriots Draft/War room. Belichick probably thought he was a janitor and told him to get the fuck out of the room. BK argued and questioned the draft board. Telling Belichick how he coached pee wee football for 60 years and knows more about football than Belichick. As security was taking him out he asked Belichick if he could use his name in his new book. Bill just mumbled and flipped him off.

It’s time to forgive him BK.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

None of the WR's were any good until Brady was able to blend them into the offense?

Are you fucking kidding me?

Skippy designing and calling plays had nothing to do with it either?

Dorsett running down field WIDE OPEN for a TD and Brady throwing the ball away and then screaming at McDaniels "Of Course I Saw Him!!" was a perfect blend.

Jacoby Meyers standing completely uncovered at the 1 yard line and Brady throws it to a triple covered Edelman for no score was another "Perfect Blend".

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of the WR's were any good until Brady was able to blend them into the offense?

Are you fucking kidding me?

Skippy designing and calling plays had nothing to do with it either?

Dorsett running down field WIDE OPEN for a TD and Brady throwing the ball away and then screaming at McDaniels "Of Course I Saw Him!!" was a perfect blend.

Jacoby Meyers standing completely uncovered at the 1 yard line and Brady throws it to a triple covered Edelman for no score was another "Perfect Blend".
Those examples are true but are more reflective of the 2019 venom than Brady's M.O. during the 2002 to 2018 (and probably running on fumes by 2016).

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those examples are true but are more reflective of the 2019 venom than Brady's M.O. during the 2002 to 2018 (and probably running on fumes by 2016).
Those are recent examples, yes.

As a demonstration that it takes a team not a player at any one position or any coach.

It takes coaching, players that can and will perform, scouting that finds players that fit the schemes and game plans that coaches put together and GM that can negotiate to put the right people in place at the right price.

In other words;
Not Tom Brady.
Not Rob Gronkowski.
Not Chris Long.
Not Deion Branch.
Not Joe Judge.
Not Bill Belichick.
Not Skippy McD.
Not Matt Pafatfuck.
Not Pioli or Caserio.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you all feel about Jayden McDaniel if Williams and Maye are gone?