• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Patriots Draft Thread

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This still leaves me wondering where the problem really is.
Trevor had a much better OL and more and better WRs and still wasn't better than Mac.

I do wonder if this team gets a solid OL and upgrades the WRs just a bit, can Mac step back in and be a better QB than he was with a septic tank around him.

He seemed to fold his tent, but he wasn't 100% responsible for everything. He couldn't get answers to his questions in Foxboro and went outside to get them. Not having full support of the HC was a factor. BB would not say his name because he dissed Patricia by calling BOB in Tuscaloosa to get some reassurance and answers to his questions. Maybe a new head coach and full staff with a real QB coach could make him an NFL QB or at least one that could bring along a brand new QB for a year. Who kniows??

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted the same thing a while back. I don’t get it either…
Jones started great and regressed. Lawrence started slow and steadily improved.

All while not calling everybody except his actual coaches for advice.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trevor had a much better OL and more and better WRs and still wasn't better than Mac.

I do wonder if this team gets a solid OL and upgrades the WRs just a bit, can Mac step back in and be a better QB than he was with a septic tank around him.

He seemed to fold his tent, but he wasn't 100% responsible for everything. He couldn't get answers to his questions in Foxboro and went outside to get them. Not having full support of the HC was a factor. BB would not say his name because he dissed Patricia by calling BOB in Tuscaloosa to get some reassurance and answers to his questions. Maybe a new head coach and full staff with a real QB coach could make him an NFL QB or at least one that could bring along a brand new QB for a year. Who kniows??
Cool...so you're saying he has trade value?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stat wise Mac outplayed Zappe
I agree, with one caveat. Mac had more starts and more opportunities. While the GP looks pretty equal, I think it would be a much more definitive stat if it were quarters played or minutes played. Zappe only started the last five games and was 2-3. Mac started 12 games and was 2-10. Stats can be twisted to make them show what you want them to show or to prove or disprove someone's point of view.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stat wise Mac outplayed Zappe

View attachment 350725
Ehh...not really.

Games started is not listed only games played.
Mac has 40% more attempts, 40% more yards, 40% more TD's along with 40% more INT's. He does have a higher completion percentage, but with the same number of TD's, does it really matter if he's not getting the team into the endzone?

Edit: Go ahead anyone...roast me. It may not be EXACTLY 40%, it may be 39% or 41% here or there. But all figures are close to 40%, I only used my eyes not a calculator.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At being a football player.

You know...not crying, asking the goddamned media for help, throwing his team mates under the bus, crying more like some 13 year old girl at her period party.
Yeah I didin't really see a football player. I saw a guy that wanted to be a football player