• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Patriots Draft Thread

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea where Nix stands.
He has had a very successful career and is very efficient.

The only knock against him currently is he plays on a good team. Really?
Yeah I am curious as to whether or not he might be a high quality round two pick

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we decided to go WR or OT in the first round, I’d be happy with Nix in round 2 if he is there. I’ve watched several Oregon Ducks games and he is solid. Definitely better than what we have.
Agreed he manages the game really well, is accurate and fairly mobile

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we decided to go WR or OT in the first round, I’d be happy with Nix in round 2 if he is there. I’ve watched several Oregon Ducks games and he is solid. Definitely better than what we have.
I'd be ok with this. But spend big for an OT or WR in FA and then figure out the draft pick. If BB is still pulling the strings, let's steer away from WR with that first pick. We have some nice young WR talent on this team. They just need a QB who can get them the ball.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This i the latest list of free agents that will be available.

If BB remains at HC, his past behavior pretty much tells us that he will not be in this market heavily for the first round of signings. One other thing to consider is that the Patriots have Rielly Rieff and Calvin Anderson who both spent 2023 on IR. Reiff with a bothersome knee and Anderson with a "mysterious illness".

Owenu should be an immediate target on Monday. The only team that can sign him before March is the Patriots and if they aren't on him like butter on toast, then we have a much greater problem.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be ok with this. But spend big for an OT or WR in FA and then figure out the draft pick. If BB is still pulling the strings, let's steer away from WR with that first pick. We have some nice young WR talent on this team. They just need a QB who can get them the ball.
The OT stock in FA is limited. I do agree and have stated it would be nice to kill the FA, WR market. Evans and Ridley are my targets

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OT stock in FA is limited. I do agree and have stated it would be nice to kill the FA, WR market. Evans and Ridley are my targets
No argument from me.

I think that the available WRs will be sought after. Depends on who they have to go up against and what they can promise as far as a QB who will be throwing the ball. Evans and Ridley would be great. I've been a Tee Higgins fan since h was at Clemson and would go as hard as hell to get him. As a fallback, I really like Gabe Davis and Tyler Boyd.

It's all going to depend on who's going to be standing on the sideline directing this team.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless the Commanders comeback and tag the Cowboys, the Patriots will have the #3 pick in the draft.

By all of the experts analysis, the top three players are Marvin Harrison Jr, Caleb Williams and Derrick Maye.

The first three teams will be:

1. Chicago
2. Washington
3. New England

By all statements, releases, etc. The Bears will be looking to trade Justin Fields, who has won his last five games and is beating the Packers as I type and will take Caleb Williams. One has to wonder if they won't start pumping the brakes and decide to keep Fields and add Harrison to the other side of 1200 yard WR DJ Moore?

If the Commanders are looking to replace the two Edge stars that they traded, and keep Howell as their starting QB, then that opens Pandoras Box.

The Giants would be salivating because Arizona has Murray and either Williams or Maye will drop in their lap.

IF, Chicago does trade Fields and take Williams, what will they get for Fields? Think anyone would give them another first round pick to go with #1 and #10? Would you be willing to have the Patriots trade #3 and #67 (3rd) for Fields and #10? And then get the OT they so desperately need?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You watching the Bears game?? That was a major topic of discussion during the pre-game and they were really applauding JF for being at the helm of five in a row. It was as if they were trying to convince the Bears to keep or sell him to a QB needy team.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless the Commanders comeback and tag the Cowboys, the Patriots will have the #3 pick in the draft.

By all of the experts analysis, the top three players are Marvin Harrison Jr, Caleb Williams and Derrick Maye.

The first three teams will be:

1. Chicago
2. Washington
3. New England

By all statements, releases, etc. The Bears will be looking to trade Justin Fields, who has won his last five games and is beating the Packers as I type and will take Caleb Williams. One has to wonder if they won't start pumping the brakes and decide to keep Fields and add Harrison to the other side of 1200 yard WR DJ Moore?

If the Commanders are looking to replace the two Edge stars that they traded, and keep Howell as their starting QB, then that opens Pandoras Box.

The Giants would be salivating because Arizona has Murray and either Williams or Maye will drop in their lap.

IF, Chicago does trade Fields and take Williams, what will they get for Fields? Think anyone would give them another first round pick to go with #1 and #10? Would you be willing to have the Patriots trade #3 and #67 (3rd) for Fields and #10? And then get the OT they so desperately need?
I like Harrison , not sure about Willams or Maye. Williams reminds me of a Mac, mentally weak and his backup threw 6ts in bowl game and Maye reminds me of a Trubisky. I rather take the kid from LSU or Washington, just my opinion

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You watching the Bears game?? That was a major topic of discussion during the pre-game and they were really applauding JF for being at the helm of five in a row. It was as if they were trying to convince the Bears to keep or sell him to a QB needy team.
You didn't mention the broadcast as the experts. I just know many (not saying most) think MHJ is the guy.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we are locked in at the 3rd pick. Cowboys are killing the Commanders. I’d be happy with either QB of Caleb…Drake or Jayden.
Plain and simple we need a QB. All 3 can pass… create plays or run.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After looking at the standings and points scored, we were tied for dead last in the NFL with the Panthers. 13 points per game. 6 games with 7 or less points. 5 games we didn’t even score a Touchdown. This offseason better be offense…. Offense and more damn offense!

I do feel it’s time to move on from Belichick and hire a offensive minded coach.

Focus on WR’s in the off season.
Sign our own important FA’s
Draft needs to be a QB and Offensive Line.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After looking at the standings and points scored, we were tied for dead last in the NFL with the Panthers. 13 points per game. 6 games with 7 or less points. 5 games we didn’t even score a Touchdown. This offseason better be offense…. Offense and more damn offense!

I do feel it’s time to move on from Belichick and hire a offensive minded coach.

Focus on WR’s in the off season.
Sign our own important FA’s
Draft needs to be a QB and Offensive Line.
All things come to an end. BB is 71 so the risk of mistakenly moving on is very limited.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can say is we better pray Maye is there.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can say is we better pray Maye is there.
How much of a difference between Williams, Maye, Daniels, Penix and Nix? Kinda odd this dilemma maps neatly into the same dilemma when Mac was drafted.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much of a difference between Williams, Maye, Daniels, Penix and Nix? Kinda odd this dilemma maps neatly into the same dilemma when Mac was drafted.
Leaf Ryan, Jamarcus Russel, Rick Mirer... say hold my beer. It's easy to swing and miss. But, I agree with what you're saying.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leaf Ryan, Jamarcus Russel, Rick Mirer... say hold my beer. It's easy to swing and miss. But, I agree with what you're saying.
And Mr. Irrelevant..........................Brock Purdy NFL Draft pick #256

Hold my Caffeine Free Diet Coca Cola..........................255 swings and misses.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I wrote last week. It's amazing how quick the 'experts' can change their minds once the final four take the field.

If Washington can light up then scoreboard like they did against Texas against Michigan, they'll win the title and Penix will move up into the top three or four. If he has a game of 280+ and 3 or 4 TDs he will be discussed in the same breath as Williams and Maye who didn't make the big bowl parade.

Williams, Maye, Daniels, Penix and Nix

If the Patriots beat the Jets Sunday and drop from 3 to 6, Would you happy taking Daniels, Penix or Nix if one of them was the last of the 5 left on the table?? Or would you go for the best LT and pick up a JJ McCarthy or Michael Pratt - Tulane, or Better yet, Joe Milton 6'5" 235 TENN?
Joe Milton can throw it out of the stadium and across the river.

His problem is he couldn't throw it into the river if he was already standing in it.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Harrison , not sure about Willams or Maye. Williams reminds me of a Mac, mentally weak and his backup threw 6ts in bowl game and Maye reminds me of a Trubisky. I rather take the kid from LSU or Washington, just my opinion
That's why I say go hard after Mayfield in FA.
Then A Harrison Jr pick goes from great to fuckin great....as long as the next few picks are OT (L and R)