• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Patriots Draft Thread

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares??
I watch football - not gonads/
!

Whatever! I bet you watch the combine just too see their shafts and gonads swinging back and forth when they run the 40 yard dash. And that’s ok bro.

IMG_3443.jpeg

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever! I bet you watch the combine just too see their shafts and gonads swinging back and forth when they run the 40 yard dash. And that’s ok bro.

View attachment 354015
Look Away Season 3 GIF by Paramount+

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders have supposedly spoken with Wolfe at the Super Bowl, inquiring about the #3 pick.

The rumor coming out from several NFL television people is:

Patriots trade the #3 and #190 (6th Round)
Raiders give #13, #77 (3rd Round), #222 and #225 (7th Round) 2025 & 2027 1st Round picks.

Sounds very similar to the 49ers trade with the Dolphins to get Trey Lance. Makes me wonder if they just decided to copy it.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders have supposedly spoken with Wolfe at the Super Bowl, inquiring about the #3 pick.

Raiders give #13, #77 (3rd Round), #222 and #225 (7th Round) 2025 & 2027 1st Round picks.

Sounds very similar to the 49ers trade with the Dolphins to get Trey Lance. Makes me wonder if they just decided to copy it.
I would at least ponder it.

Move back 10 spots and gain a 3rd, two 7ths (Which are really choice UFA's) plus an additional 1st for the next two years?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would at least ponder it.

Move back 10 spots and gain a 3rd, two 7ths (Which are really choice UFA's) plus an additional 1st for the next two years?
Tough call. If you make this deal you have to get a vereran like Cousins or Wilson. Take a few flyers on some QBs this draft. Could still get a good OL or WR in this draft.

I like this better than the proposed Justin Fields deal.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I won't know until I see the combine and how well we handle FA. If the need for a QB is as great as the world thinks moving out of the top three means we won't get one of the top three. If McCarty, Nix, or some other QB shows out then we consider it. I am not sold at all on Spencer Rattler

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't know until I see the combine and how well we handle FA. If the need for a QB is as great as the world thinks moving out of the top three means we won't get one of the top three. If McCarty, Nix, or some other QB shows out then we consider it. I am not sold at all on Spencer Rattler
100% agree.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing about this rumor that bothers me is that it's almost identical to the 49ers/Dolphins trade. It's almost as if somebody looked at what happened the last time #3 was traded for a QB.

If there is truth to it, I'm sure everyone in the league knows about it and Minnesota and others will be lining up if they can't sign a FA.

I"m not sure if any of these kids is the next Brady, Mahomes or Marino and we won't know until they start playing against NFL competition. If any or all is a Borrow, Allen or Tua, I'd hate the thought of giving them away and moving down and ending up with another Mac or Zap.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing about this rumor that bothers me is that it's almost identical to the 49ers/Dolphins trade. It's almost as if somebody looked at what happened the last time #3 was traded for a QB.

If there is truth to it, I'm sure everyone in the league knows about it and Minnesota and others will be lining up if they can't sign a FA.

I"m not sure if any of these kids is the next Brady, Mahomes or Marino and we won't know until they start playing against NFL competition. If any or all is a Borrow, Allen or Tua, I'd hate the thought of giving them away and moving down and ending up with another Mac or Zap.
It is always a risk not matter which way you go, there are no absolutes, it's a crap shoot. I am not sold Mac cannot be a good QB with a decent line and decent WRs. Sure he has some growing up to do but that's part of coaching, and he's been fucked since he came here.

If we are sure Mac cannot do it then take a QB, if there is a glimmer of hope then take the extra picks and surround him with some talent.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could all be JaMarcus Russel, Vince Young or just an Andrew Luck.

With an extra first round next year and the year after makes it easier to stack the team and move up as well for the next two years.

If a serviceable Vet can be signed.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could all be JaMarcus Russel, Vince Young or just an Andrew Luck.

With an extra first round next year and the year after makes it easier to stack the team and move up as well for the next two years.

If a serviceable Vet can be signed.

Good points but I'm all in on gambling for the next Mahomes/Brady/Manning/etc. "Fortune favors the bold".

We are assembling what appears to be a very solid offensive staff. Let's draft a kid with tons of upside and hopefully turn him into a star.

Looking at you, Jayden Daniels!