• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Official Seahawk Draft thread

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get why you are saying this but the answer still is 100% yes.

If you draft well or sign good players and lose them you should 100% get compensation. In a way it shows how well your FO is doing. Hawks could be inline for 3 or 4 next year, it all depends on what happens from here on out with FA signings.

According to Over the Cap's projections, Seattle is currently on track to get four comp picks in next year's draft:
  • Fourth-round pick for LG Damien Lewis to Panthers.
  • Fifth-round pick for LB Jordyn Brooks to Dolphins.
  • Sixth-round pick for LB Bobby Wagner to Commanders.
  • Sixth-round pick for TE Colby Parkinson to Rams.
Can a comp pick go from 4th to 3rd on player having a better year than projected?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can a comp pick go from 4th to 3rd on player having a better year than projected?

They use a super secret formula on how they award the picks so i have no clue other than APY salary and pro bowls. So my assumption is if some of those guys get voted to the probowl the comp pick will increase in value. Brooks and Wagner could both make the probowl and that might be enough to bump the pick up one round but like i said i have no clue.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They use a super secret formula on how they award the picks so i have no clue other than APY salary and pro bowls. So my assumption is if some of those guys get voted to the probowl the comp pick will increase in value. Brooks and Wagner could both make the probowl and that might be enough to bump the pick up one round but like i said i have no clue.
Shocked that's never been leaked out to the media

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shocked that's never been leaked out to the media

well the people that have been predicting it have been pretty close but not close enough. Feels like there could be room for some underhanded things going on as it really SHOULDN'T be such a secret. I mean what are they trying to hide? No need to hide it if it's 100% fair right?

100% do not like that it's such a secret, just feels dirty. If it's fair then like I said no reason to hide it at all.

Last edited:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walterfootball has us passing on Latu and Bowers for Barton... :L :L :L :L

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walterfootball has us passing on Latu and Bowers for Barton... :L :L :L :L
I see most mocks have the Seahawks going OL. Latu missed two years of football with a neck injury but some how got the doctors ( or a doctor) to allow him to play football again. Great talent though and maybe the best at his position in this draft, but a serious neck injury when he was told NOT to play football again by doctors, maybe shouldn't be overlooked. Seahawks already spent on the TE position, overspent maybe and TE isn't a position I think a first should be used on. Barton would feel a bit underwhelming but probably be very useful given his versatility at the same time kind of blah.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see most mocks have the Seahawks going OL. Latu missed two years of football with a neck injury but some how got the doctors ( or a doctor) to allow him to play football again. Great talent though and maybe the best at his position in this draft, but a serious neck injury when he was told NOT to play football again by doctors, maybe shouldn't be overlooked. Seahawks already spent on the TE position, overspent maybe and TE isn't a position I think a first should be used on. Barton would feel a bit underwhelming but probably be very useful given his versatility at the same time kind of blah.

Yah Latu's injury history is concerning... It would be quite sad for him to literally die on the field... that said, he wants to play and signed up for it, so it is what it is... and I think he's by FAR the best pass rusher in this draft let alone other drafts. Guy has AP written all over him if he stays healthy.

But also taking Barton over Bowers would be absolutely maddening.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cody's cousin...

Meaning he'll try hard and I'm sure is a nice guy, but generally sucks at everything on the field.

Seriously, if we take this dork over Bowers and Latu, I'm gonna lose it on draft day. Harold, I would appreciate a minor suspension/timeout and warning as opposed to a full ban.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well the people that have been predicting it have been pretty close but not close enough. Feels like there could be room for some underhanded things going on as it really SHOULDN'T be such a secret. I mean what are they trying to hide? No need to hide it if it's 100% fair right?

100% do not like that it's such a secret, just feels dirty. If it's fair then like I said no reason to hide it at all.
Agreed

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colin cowherd has us trading up to 12 and taking penix, i think thats pretty laughable.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colin cowherd has us trading up to 12 and taking penix, i think thats pretty laughable.
They are just making shit up. I would be STUNNED if we traded up at this point.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not realistic. Media has to find stuff to keep interest up and I image it is hard day in day out to come up with legit topics thus you see things like what Colin did.:rolleyes2:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure looks like Troy Fautanu is the most popular player being mocked for the Hawks at 16. Hard to be upset about that, though it's certainly not the sexy/flashy choice. Unless you just whiff on the player, it's difficult to go wrong by beefing up the trenches. The other player I've seen projected for us who is really interesting to me is Payton Wilson, ILB from NC State. Chad Reuter has us taking him after trading down to 22. I'm too lazy to check to see if that mock came out before we signed the 2 LBs, but those are both 1 year deals anyway.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure looks like Troy Fautanu is the most popular player being mocked for the Hawks at 16. Hard to be upset about that, though it's certainly not the sexy/flashy choice. Unless you just whiff on the player, it's difficult to go wrong by beefing up the trenches. The other player I've seen projected for us who is really interesting to me is Payton Wilson, ILB from NC State. Chad Reuter has us taking him after trading down to 22. I'm too lazy to check to see if that mock came out before we signed the 2 LBs, but those are both 1 year deals anyway.

If Latu is there.. you take him...

He's falling because of injuries but I don't care... guy is by FAR the best pass rusher in the class. And it's not based on team or strength... it's based on technique, something that is ridiculously hard to coach but the kid already has it.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Latu is there.. you take him...

He's falling because of injuries but I don't care... guy is by FAR the best pass rusher in the class. And it's not based on team or strength... it's based on technique, something that is ridiculously hard to coach but the kid already has it.
Does it worry you at all that we seem to be pretty bad at drafting DEs in early rounds? Darrell Taylor, LJ Collier, Rasheem Green, and Frank Clark are the 4 taken in the top 2 rounds in the last 10 years. The only hit is Frank Clark. Rasheem Green was a role player. Darrell Taylor is still somewhat unproven but as of now a role player, and then you have a complete bust in Collier. I guess maybe we should add Derick Hall and Mafe? They show up as LBs on drafthistory but are used as DEs; Mafe looks like a hit, and jury is still out on Hall. I dunno... I guess it's not horrible but it isn't a list of big success stories either. We also have the Malik McDowell disaster, who is listed as a DT but seemed to be a tweener.

I wouldn't be upset if we got Latu. You can't have too many pass rushers.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it worry you at all that we seem to be pretty bad at drafting DEs in early rounds? Darrell Taylor, LJ Collier, Rasheem Green, and Frank Clark are the 4 taken in the top 2 rounds in the last 10 years. The only hit is Frank Clark. Rasheem Green was a role player. Darrell Taylor is still somewhat unproven but as of now a role player, and then you have a complete bust in Collier. I guess maybe we should add Derick Hall and Mafe? They show up as LBs on drafthistory but are used as DEs; Mafe looks like a hit, and jury is still out on Hall. I dunno... I guess it's not horrible but it isn't a list of big success stories either. We also have the Malik McDowell disaster, who is listed as a DT but seemed to be a tweener.

I wouldn't be upset if we got Latu. You can't have too many pass rushers.

I think you would likely find a similar hit rate for most positions, or worse. Even when you are talking about the top drafting teams, they still don't do much better than 50%

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1711998226716.png

So the Saints haven't taken a QB in the 1st round since 1971(Archie Manning) and the Seahawks have the second longest draught of any team at any position. 31 years since we drafted a QB in the 1st round. Pretty crazy.