• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NFL Draft: The Quarterback Class

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just one guys' take but interesting and not surprising

Yeah, I'm sure the college millionaire was chasing swag. Of course he was only there for the interviews; he wasn't testing.

Guys are really reaching to poke holes in him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm sure the college millionaire was chasing swag. Of course he was only there for the interviews; he wasn't testing.

Guys are really reaching to poke holes in him.
It’s just one guys’s opinion. The most important things are: does he have the mental toughness, will he strive to work in the offseason, does he love the game, does he have the it factor. If he can do most of those things he will be a future star. Combine and drills really don’t matter. Even if he is an arrogant prick, if he is a leader and his teammates like him it’s all that matters.

This draft class is tricky bc I think it could be either really good or a shitshow. I think Caleb has a lot of special traits but I also think he isn’t just going to go in the league and ball out. It will take time and how will he do when things are bad at times, possibly really bad in Chicago. We will see bc he is going to Chicago. Seems like a done deal

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s just one guys’s opinion. The most important things are: does he have the mental toughness, will he strive to work in the offseason, does he love the game, does he have the it factor. If he can do most of those things he will be a future star. Combine and drills really don’t matter. Even if he is an arrogant prick, if he is a leader and his teammates like him it’s all that matters.

This draft class is tricky bc I think it could be either really good or a shitshow. I think Caleb has a lot of special traits but I also think he isn’t just going to go in the league and ball out. It will take time and how will he do when things are bad at times, possibly really bad in Chicago. We will see bc he is going to Chicago. Seems like a done deal
That's what the interviews are for ...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you questioning whether the guy derided for his emotional response to a loss is invested in the game?

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who ever lands Penix, I don’t think they’ll regret it …

Why?

A slow-footed Lefty with a weird arm motion that is rather immobile in the pocket and easily sackable?

I'm a huge fan of Penix and his days at Indiana and his injuries and overcoming them during his career, and slinging the thing his last 2 years at U-dub.

Where is the upside in drafting the guy?

He has already peaked. There is zero upside.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you questioning whether the guy derided for his emotional response to a loss is invested in the game?
These are traits you have to look at with every qb. I wasn’t in the room to talk to him so I have no opinion

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why?

A slow-footed Lefty with a weird arm motion that is rather immobile in the pocket and easily sackable?

I'm a huge fan of Penix and his days at Indiana and his injuries and overcoming them during his career, and slinging the thing his last 2 years at U-dub.

Those guys coming into the league at 25 you do have to question their upside. Like how much better will he really get? Nix and Penix are not 1st rounders imo

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why?

No, he’s got upside, he just led the Huskies who had a bad defense to the national title game, he dominated, showed leadership, throws accurate, can scramble if he needs, threw darts all over the field all season long…

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why?

Calling him "slow-footed" would imply you haven't watched him play. He's much more athletic than his running numbers show because he's always looking to make the play through the air. When he needs to run, he's got wheels and elusiveness.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those guys coming into the league at 25 you do have to question their upside. Like how much better will he really get? Nix and Penix are not 1st rounders imo

If there are more teams needing rookie QBs than 1st round targets, they will get elevated. I still think Penix is being unfairly (and heavily) dinged for a tough game against the best defense in the country. We're seriously in a position where JJ is being elevated to a position far above his production playing FOR that loaded roster and Penix is considered far below because of a bad game.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there are more teams needing rookie QBs than 1st round targets, they will get elevated. I still think Penix is being unfairly (and heavily) dinged for a tough game against the best defense in the country. We're seriously in a position where JJ is being elevated to a position far above his production playing FOR that loaded roster and Penix is considered far below because of a bad game.
JJ isn’t a 1st either. This class is being overhyped which is overvaluing that “2nd tier” of QB’s. I think the top 2 are pretty damn good though

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those two statements don't belong anywhere near each other. Mahomes ran a 4.8 40 and nobody would ever consider him a RB.
He said “and” so the guy is pretty much saying he is Lamar and Mahomes or a created player on Madden. Definitely exaggerated

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said “and” so the guy is pretty much saying he is Lamar and Mahomes or a created player on Madden. Definitely exaggerated

He does have elite running ability for a QB, but that frame as a RB is far from ideal. People are already questioning that frame for a QB, let alone a RB.