• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NBA Offseason

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was just reading where Shai and Dort had words with some Greece players

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The U.S. scored 110 points today. 110 points. Why are we coming for Joel Embiid’s offense? There’s one basketball. Joel Embiid’s offensive gifts essentially come as an iso player. He’s a Steve Kerr big now. Embiid is a screener. Embiid works on pin downs on the offensive side of the court. They’re not looking to post him up and play through him. When they fucked around with that in the exhibition games the LeBron Embiid two man game was deadly. Steve Kerr is using Embiid on that end like he’s Zaza Pachulia. That’s fine. It’s a star studded lineup and the FIBA game is not conducive to posting up and running iso.

But that’s fine. The world of basketball can come for Joel Embiid again because that’s what they do. Just understand that the noise is habitual and it no longer has any value because of how often the man is shit on. @Mecca of the “B” Team i know this commentary doesn’t apply to you. You aren’t the commensurate Embiid hater. I do however think in this case that you’re being harsh on a man who can’t shine when the only role he’s asked to play is a guy who screens and gets pin downs for guys to launch threes.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got done watching USA/Serbia.

It was funny each time Joel touched the ball the French fans booed him. Didn't know he had the option to play for them. He picked the right country to play for seeing as now he's spent more than half his life here.

USA-USA-USA!!!

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Help me understand how Embiid has hurt them defensively.
He’s not hurt them.

He’s been a complete non factor in most facets of the game since he joined the team.

My guy…

Maybe I’m judging him so harshly because, like you, I believe he should be at least a 2 time MVP.

Yet….he’s giving us little to nothing.

Maybe my expectations are too high?