• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NBA Offseason

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Lord lol! I looked up your after tax
Even with no state income tax the annual net per year is still significantly higher. Dallas it's 50 over 3. Warriors it was 48 over 2.

I mean from what is being reported Warriors started at the 2/48 deal and Klay just walked away because he was insulted. They offered him so much more than his market value as a starting value and he just walked.

So it is a bit on him.
He will lose about 6 million in real money. If you go to tax calculator, after tax income on $24M im Cali is $12M. After tax on $17M I. Texas is $10M. So after tax 2 years in L.A. would be $36M, After tax for 3 years is $31M. He does lose an extra year income, but his one year deal two years from now at 35 wouldn't be what he makes now. Add in how much cheaper it is to live in Dallas than LA(simply buying a house) the money difference isn't terrible. I think in the end, Klay felt like he had a shot at another championship in Dallas

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Lord lol! I looked up your after tax

He will lose about 6 million in real money. If you go to tax calculator, after tax income on $24M im Cali is $12M. After tax on $17M I. Texas is $10M. So after tax 2 years in L.A. would be $36M, After tax for 3 years is $31M. He does lose an extra year income, but his one year deal two years from now at 35 wouldn't be what he makes now. Add in how much cheaper it is to live in Dallas than LA(simply buying a house) the money difference isn't terrible. I think in the end, Klay felt like he had a shot at another championship in Dallas

Honestly the biggest factor I think for choosing the Mavs is defined role. As I said in another post, Klay's role with the Warriors fluctuated a ton last year. He at least knows what he'll be doing on your squad.

He has more in the tank left than people give him credit for. The problem is, is that he's not nearly where he used to be, but overall he's still a better option than most on the market. He'll fit in really well with you guys and wish him well.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggins, Moody, 1st and a future 1st Swap. Extra 1st rounder if they can somehow snag Clarkson too.
You are getting extorted if you want to deal with Ainge.

Multiple 1st, my guy.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are getting extorted.

Multiple 1st, my guy.

We will also give the rights to 3 parking spaces at Chase Center in perpetuity. With the parking prices in SF, this might be the best long term asset of this trade.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Lakers check in with Portland on Timelord, could absorb him into that MLE (if Lebron approves lol)

It's a shame he can't stay healthy. He's a difference maker on defense.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly the biggest factor I think for choosing the Mavs is defined role. As I said in another post, Klay's role with the Warriors fluctuated a ton last year. He at least knows what he'll be doing on your squad.

He has more in the tank left than people give him credit for. The problem is, is that he's not nearly where he used to be, but overall he's still a better option than most on the market. He'll fit in really well with you guys and wish him well.
You're nail on the head there. He is not what he was. That said, neither is Steph. I think he looked at Dallas and L.A. and figured those are teams with two great players each that could result in a ton of wide open looks for Klay. I think he chose Dallas because Luka is 15 years younger than LBJ

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're nail on the head there. He is not what he was. That said, neither is Steph. I think he looked at Dallas and L.A. and figured those are teams with two great players each that could result in a ton of wide open looks for Klay. I think he chose Dallas because Luka is 15 years younger than LBJ

A part of me wants to believe he chose the Mavs because he knows how much it would have pissed the bay off that he left our team for the Lakers, lol. At least then we can reconcile he wasn't just doing this solely out of spite.