• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 offseason thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think with better coaching, he can play to his strengths more aka not shooting 3s.

He is more efficient and better player if he limited his threes attempts to like 2 per game. He avg 6 attempts per game lasf year
Why do I want him on the floor then as a complimentary player? The complimentary player today has to be able to shoot the 3 and space the floor. Like I said, in a perfect world, I don’t trust him in my closing group. The defense is a lot of talk with limited real impact and he doesn’t have an above average offensive skill.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His max is the 12.2M MLE if he wants to be on a competitive team. Even that may be a stretch.
I dont think he cares. At this point, he should worry about getting paid the most

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think he cares. At this point, he should worry about getting paid the most

If that's what is important to him, sure. I'm not talking to him, just discussing it with y'all. Not sure as his agent I would recommend he fight for that $15M to get on a lottery team.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's what is important to him, sure. I'm not talking to him, just discussing it with y'all. Not sure as his agent I would recommend he fight for that $15M to get on a lottery team.
Agree. Short deal to help your reputation

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol

Dennis has done a few too many jell-o shots.

Didn't Dennis also say at one point that if Bird were black, he'd just be another good player?

Defensively, he'd likely struggle more because he lacks athleticism and you can't really be physical with guys anymore. He'd be relying a lot on intelligence and moving his feet.

But offensively, under today's rules, he might be even better because teams wouldn't be able to be as physical with him and he'd lean into the 3 more. His passing would help tremendously as well because it makes it harder to double him.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure whats funny. He isn't a bad player

You are basing on what he has been over the last 3 years rather than what he was just this last year.

He was fricking awful this last season. According some advanced metrics like VORP, he was one of the worst players in the league.

Throw in a troublesome attitude and I am not too many teams are going to be throwing money at him. But of course, it only takes one.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are basing on what he has been over the last 3 years rather than what he was just this last year.

He was fricking awful this last season. According some advanced metrics like VORP, he was one of the worst players in the league.

Throw in a troublesome attitude and I am not too many teams are going to be throwing money at him. But of course, it only takes one.

Can Minny create some cap space?

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably the deal he gets from any number of teams in free agency (full MLE 3 years with raises). Opting to stay in Minnesota hasn't typically proven to be a good career move.

He was always going to stay with MN.

In a league that gives you so little in actual value, you cant let value walk out the door when you are capped out. It's just value walking out the door with nothing in return.

No different than Golden State signing DLo a couple years back when that was the only thing they could get for Durant leaving. They didnt want him as a player. But they needed not to lose an asset. Personally I feel they did the same thing with Poole too. I am sure they knew they were never going to let him play out his entire contract when they gave him that deal last year.

Wolves will do one more season with KAT, Rudy and Naz. Then they will get rid of at least one of them next offseason. Naz would be the most likely one.....but with him under contract it does give them a fall back option if they decide Kat and Rudy cant work together.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was always going to stay with MN.

In a league that gives you so little in actual value, you cant let value walk out the door when you are capped out. It's just value walking out the door with nothing in return.

No different than Golden State signing DLo a couple years back when that was the only thing they could get for Durant leaving. They didnt want him as a player. But they needed not to lose an asset. Personally I feel they did the same thing with Poole too. I am sure they knew they were never going to let him play out his entire contract when they gave him that deal last year.

Wolves will do one more season with KAT, Rudy and Naz. Then they will get rid of at least one of them next offseason. Naz would be the most likely one.....but with him under contract it does give them a fall back option if they decide Kat and Rudy cant work together.

I understand the value for Minny, just saying he likely could've gotten that exact MLE contract from several teams,