• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 offseason thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, Harris isn’t worth the Fro alone…imo

* Well, to teams without a MVP Caliber Center *

Asking for Mobley as well as a pick is absolutely ridiculous.

But, why not ask?

All they can say is no.
As I said, it doesn’t even matter because it’s just a dead end. The Cavs roster has pieces like Garland Mobley and Mitchell the Sixers would be interested in. For good reason, Cavs won’t trade them. But that’s it on their assets. Jarrett Allen is a 10 minute player on the Sixers. No knock on the dude, he’s just not taking minutes from Embiid. Jarrett Allen or LaVert sign and trade represent the only assets they have to improve the team.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 summers ago everybody was laughing at Daryl Morey for what he was doing with the Ben Simmons contract. He ended up getting Harden for Simmons in the end. Sixers don’t need to rush a Harris deal.
Yeah, at the deadline when Harden said he wouldn’t sign an extension.

Sixers don’t need to rush.

We are nowhere near the start of the Season.

But, you wanna waste another year and continue to run Embiid into the ground?

You aren’t winning a Championship if you are depending on Sloth Harden to be the #2 guy in the playoffs.

Could you imagine where Philly would be if you swapped him for Dame at the deadline?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 6ers don’t even want Harris.

Over valuing him to this degree is a head scratcher.

I’m guessing the price would drop if one of their preferred targets was on the table.

But, maybe not.

Sacto engaged them and they have Barnes.
They’re fine. Harris will have more value at the dead line because he’s 39 million of expiring cap salary.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, at the deadline when Harden said he wouldn’t sign an extension.

Sixers don’t need to rush.

We are nowhere near the start of the Season.

But, you wanna waste another year and continue to run Embiid into the ground?

You aren’t winning a Championship if you are depending on Sloth Harden to be the #2 guy in the playoffs.

Could you imagine where Philly would be if you swapped him for Dame at the deadline?
This roster had the 3rd best record in the league after a mediocre start with Embiid Harden and Maxey all missing games due to injury. More so than the role players, the Sixers failed this year BECAUSE of Embiid

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, Harris isn’t worth the Fro alone…imo

* Well, to teams without a MVP Caliber Center *

Asking for Mobley as well as a pick is absolutely ridiculous.

But, why not ask?

All they can say is no.

It is bad faith.

Asking for something totally unreasonable like that could absolutely set the tone for and impact future deals with the 2 organizations.

If the people running the Cavs believe the 6ers to be unreasonable, they are less likely to seek them out in the future when there might actually be a deal that makes sense for both.

Would be better for Philly to come straight out and just say that they don’t value Allen as high as most because they have Embiid. And that would likely stop talks in their tracks, but in a more respectful way.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said, it doesn’t even matter because it’s just a dead end. The Cavs roster has pieces like Garland Mobley and Mitchell the Sixers would be interested in. For good reason, Cavs won’t trade them. But that’s it on their assets. Jarrett Allen is a 10 minute player on the Sixers. No knock on the dude, he’s just not taking minutes from Embiid. Jarrett Allen or LaVert sign and trade represent the only assets they have to improve the team.
Agree.

That’s why I said to a team without a MVP center.

Cavs are an illogical trade partner.

But, what about Sacto?

I have not seen any leaks on the ask from Philly.

But, reports are …..Morey is asking for too much.

Also, the chirping from outside voices has started.

Tobias father, who is his agent, has stated you aren’t using him correctly.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This roster had the 3rd best record in the league after a mediocre start with Embiid Harden and Maxey all missing games due to injury. More so than the role players, the Sixers failed this year BECAUSE of Embiid
Dude, Harden is ass when it’s all on the line come the playoffs.

Embiid drug his sloth ass as far as he could before he ran out of gas.

Harden has a pattern.

This is like me blaming Norm Powell for the Clippers failing.

No, It’s because of Kawhi and Paul.

They also have a pattern.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tobias‘ Daddy had this to say……

Torrel Harris is the CEO of Unique Sports Management International. On a recent episode of the “Business of Sports” podcast, hosted by Bloomberg’s Michael Barr and Damian Sassower, the agent was asked if the 76ers have been utilizing Tobias Harris effectively: “Barr: “I’m probably gonna get in trouble with the 76ers and the league here, do they use your son the way they should?” Torrel Harris: “Personally, I don’t think so.The reason I say that, well Tobias is an assassin scorer. I mean they can’t stop him. Nobody in the league can stop him. So he’s proven that over his career even when he was with the Clippers he was an assassin scorer.

Torrell Harris: “They took away, they didn’t utilize him, he was not a priority in their offense. And that’s kind of frustrating because if you’re a kick-butt player. … you don’t want to be in the corner twiddling your thumb. I just think that when they gave him opportunities — like there was a stretch Joel didn’t play and James Harden, didn’t play for like 15 games — he led the team and averaged over 25 points. Then they come back ‘okay, well you gotta go back in the corner.

Torrell Harris: “And then [L.A.] traded him ’cause they got too good [and wanted to pivot to the Draft Lottery]. They offered us $80M, I turned down the $80M. They said ‘wow what are you looking for?’ I said ‘I want about $35M a year and they’re like ‘what? — I said ‘yeah, $35M a year. [They] said ‘well, we’re not gonna pay you that.’ So they traded him to the Sixers. Ever since [then] the Sixers,’ they put him in the corner.”

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At work and tired....

Off at 2pm to start drinking the 5 16oz Black and Tan Yuengling's I have in the fridge. Little Demetrius' 1year old birthday bash commences at 3pm.

Daughter Charcy and her hubby made it here late last night when I was already aslwep. Penny woke me up this AM cuddling with me.

IMG_20220716_075718.jpg

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wife is cooking up a lot of food .....looking forward to that but not the inevitable noise. All the little kids gonna be chasing a stressed out dog around the apt.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At work and tired....

Off at 2pm to start drinking the 5 16oz Black and Tan Yuengling's I have in the fridge. Little Demetrius' 1year old birthday bash commences at 3pm.

Daughter Charcy and her hubby made it here late last night when I was already aslwep. Penny woke me up this AM cuddling with me.

View attachment 332450
asleep

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.

That’s why I said to a team without a MVP center.

Cavs are an illogical trade partner.

But, what about Sacto?

I have not seen any leaks on the ask from Philly.

But, reports are …..Morey is asking for too much.

Also, the chirping from outside voices has started.

Tobias father, who is his agent, has stated you aren’t using him correctly.
I love Barnes but he’s a sign and trade candidate for the Sixers. Sacramento just cleared a shit ton of cap. They don’t want a Barnes sign and trade to mess that up. But if they do decide Harris is the best FA available for them for one year before pivoting to next summer a Barnes situation would be back in play. The only thing is, I don’t want Barnes getting a 3 year deal at $39 million per to make the money work. I think Barnes is a $20 million a year guy for me. I guess the Kings have room to take back Harris if the Sixers only take on Barnes for $20 million. That I would be interested in. I just don’t think the Kings cleared all that cap space just to help the Sixers complete their roster.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, Harden is ass when it’s all on the line come the playoffs.

Embiid drug his sloth ass as far as he could before he ran out of gas.

Harden has a pattern.

This is like me blaming Norm Powell for the Clippers failing.

No, It’s because of Kawhi and Paul.

They also have a pattern.
I’m just being fair. Who is dragging who? You know I love Embiid but he hasn’t been That Guy in playoff competition. Would love to tell a different story but I can’t. In two games in the Celtics series Harden had 41 and 44 and he actually competed defensively. I wish he was more consistent but I never saw two 40 burgers from Harden in the playoffs. Those are his only two games in a Sixers uniform where he got 40+. At the same time, I’m on record for my personal plan. Let Harden walk this summer and Harris walk next summer. Then the Sixers would have roughly 35-40 to shop with. Sixers can’t move Harris just for the sake of moving him. They need a move that will actually make them better. Harris gets a bad rap because he’s so expensive. He’s been a team first guy who has embraced the catch and shoot role. It’s not his thing but he’s tried and he’s been around 39-40% from there. He’s also been one of their better on ball defenders which is huge because Harden and Maxey are defensive liabilities.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tobias‘ Daddy had this to say……

Torrel Harris is the CEO of Unique Sports Management International. On a recent episode of the “Business of Sports” podcast, hosted by Bloomberg’s Michael Barr and Damian Sassower, the agent was asked if the 76ers have been utilizing Tobias Harris effectively: “Barr: “I’m probably gonna get in trouble with the 76ers and the league here, do they use your son the way they should?” Torrel Harris: “Personally, I don’t think so.The reason I say that, well Tobias is an assassin scorer. I mean they can’t stop him. Nobody in the league can stop him. So he’s proven that over his career even when he was with the Clippers he was an assassin scorer.

Torrell Harris: “They took away, they didn’t utilize him, he was not a priority in their offense. And that’s kind of frustrating because if you’re a kick-butt player. … you don’t want to be in the corner twiddling your thumb. I just think that when they gave him opportunities — like there was a stretch Joel didn’t play and James Harden, didn’t play for like 15 games — he led the team and averaged over 25 points. Then they come back ‘okay, well you gotta go back in the corner.

Torrell Harris: “And then [L.A.] traded him ’cause they got too good [and wanted to pivot to the Draft Lottery]. They offered us $80M, I turned down the $80M. They said ‘wow what are you looking for?’ I said ‘I want about $35M a year and they’re like ‘what? — I said ‘yeah, $35M a year. [They] said ‘well, we’re not gonna pay you that.’ So they traded him to the Sixers. Ever since [then] the Sixers,’ they put him in the corner.”

They gave your son money he didn’t earn because the NBA left the Sixers without a GM. Take your 180 million and your commission off of your son’s talent bro and then shut the fuck up.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m just being fair. Who is dragging who? You know I love Embiid but he hasn’t been That Guy in playoff competition. Would love to tell a different story but I can’t. In two games in the Celtics series Harden had 41 and 44 and he actually competed defensively. I wish he was more consistent but I never saw two 40 burgers from Harden in the playoffs. Those are his only two games in a Sixers uniform where he got 40+. At the same time, I’m on record for my personal plan. Let Harden walk this summer and Harris walk next summer. Then the Sixers would have roughly 35-40 to shop with. Sixers can’t move Harris just for the sake of moving him. They need a move that will actually make them better. Harris gets a bad rap because he’s so expensive. He’s been a team first guy who has embraced the catch and shoot role. It’s not his thing but he’s tried and he’s been around 39-40% from there. He’s also been one of their better on ball defenders which is huge because Harden and Maxey are defensive liabilities.
All fair.

But, I was talking about close out games.

Harden has no showed almost every time , for every team.

Im sorry.

You know you are my guy.

But, he’s kinda a quitter.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At work and tired....

View attachment 332450
Babies, hungry, dogs, food, hungry, sleep, baby, hungry, food…..

Rinse and repeat.

I envy the simplicity of your life.

Penny is almost as cute as Demetrius…..ALMOST.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All fair.

But, I was talking about close out games.

Harden has no showed almost every time , for every team.

Im sorry.

You know you are my guy.

But, he’s kinda a quitter.
I don’t disagree. If I’m Morey, Harden is never here. I would have been full speed ahead on Halliburton and Barnes with the Simmons asset. And now faced with another decision I would let him walk.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t disagree. If I’m Morey, Harden is never here. I would have been full speed ahead on Halliburton and Barnes with the Simmons asset. And now faced with another decision I would let him walk.

I think you could have gotten that deal done quietly without months of bad press regarding Simmons and Philly.

And you probably get to keep Curry in a deal like that.

I think that core has a really good chance of winning the East at least 1 of these last 2 seasons and is a coin flip shot to win a ring in the Finals.