• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 offseason thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you could have gotten that deal done quietly without months of bad press regarding Simmons and Philly.

And you probably get to keep Curry in a deal like that.

I think that core has a really good chance of winning the East at least 1 of these last 2 seasons and is a coin flip shot to win a ring in the Finals.
Yep. Morey only had eyes for Harden.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both the Suns and Cavs have the same issue. They have one asset that anyone would want because the others they aren’t trading. For the Cavs it’s Allen and for the Suns it’s Ayton. The rest of both rosters is either guys they don’t want to trade or guys that no one wants
I mean, looking at some of the garbage that's been dealt just in the last week or so (for much better players than Harris) hard to believe no one takes Osman or Okoro for their contracts alone (never mind Okoro upside).

But I can agree a Harris to Cavs trade not really a fit.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is bad faith.

Asking for something totally unreasonable like that could absolutely set the tone for and impact future deals with the 2 organizations.

If the people running the Cavs believe the 6ers to be unreasonable, they are less likely to seek them out in the future when there might actually be a deal that makes sense for both.

Would be better for Philly to come straight out and just say that they don’t value Allen as high as most because they have Embiid. And that would likely stop talks in their tracks, but in a more respectful way.
Why I'm guessing what Morey asked for is made up. He'd have simply said you don't have (or wont part) with what we'd want.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Babies, hungry, dogs, food, hungry, sleep, baby, hungry, food…..

Rinse and repeat.

I envy the simplicity of your life.

Penny is almost as cute as Demetrius…..ALMOST.
Live from Casa DJ in Nashville.....Baby Shark and Demetrius.
IMG_20230625_152914.jpg

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming Cavs can first offer extension next Summer, sure, if he wont sign it's time to look into deals for him.

But so far nothing has been said to indicate he's unhappy.
Dont think this is about happiness. He always been linked to miami and new york. Think he just want to play in a bigger market/with his good friend.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont think this is about happiness. He always been linked to miami and new york. Think he just want to play in a bigger market/with his good friend.
Not sure who his good friend is, but seems to be pretty friendly with many of his Cavs' teammates. I mean, the guy was running around a golf course ecstatic when he heard he was coming here and everyone who was staying (not in the deal).

Might he want to go to be closer to home? Sure.....but, again, he's never implied he does not love it here. Fail to improve next year? That could also change things.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, looking at some of the garbage that's been dealt just in the last week or so (for much better players than Harris) hard to believe no one takes Osman or Okoro for their contracts alone (never mind Okoro upside).

But I can agree a Harris to Cavs trade not really a fit.
The Sixers aren’t in a position where they have to trade an asset. There is no no trade clause here. Additionally, the Washington Wizards aren’t involved so you know that the front office doesn’t ride the short bus every day. Neither Okoro nor Osman are half the players that Tobias Harris is. The Cavs have absolutely nothing the Sixers would consider outside of really Mobley. The Sixers don’t have to deal Harris. It makes no sense to go and settle for fluke trash like Okoro or Osman. Osman is what he is and what you see is what you get. Okoro is potentially an asset but he hasn’t shown that he can take his game next level. Okoro is the kind of asset you only invest in if you can get cheap on a bargain.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sixers aren’t in a position where they have to trade an asset. There is no no trade clause here. Additionally, the Washington Wizards aren’t involved so you know that the front office doesn’t ride the short bus every day. Neither Okoro nor Osman are half the players that Tobias Harris is. The Cavs have absolutely nothing the Sixers would consider outside of really Mobley. The Sixers don’t have to deal Harris. It makes no sense to go and settle for fluke trash like Okoro or Osman. Osman is what he is and what you see is what you get. Okoro is potentially an asset but he hasn’t shown that he can take his game next level. Okoro is the kind of asset you only invest in if you can get cheap on a bargain.
I can 100% agree not likely we have what Philly wants for Harris......but I also don't believe Morey asked for Allen and Mobley unless he was just kidding. Would have likely just said "you have nothing we want that you'd be willing to part with".

Also don't think Osman/Okoro would not do it but the idea no one would take them in a deal is kooky talk based on Okoro's upside and Osman's contract. Hell, Philly might take them in a deal if we had another asset we could include that they wanted to make salary work. But we don't.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can 100% agree not likely we have what Philly wants for Harris......but I also don't believe Morey asked for Allen and Mobley unless he was just kidding. Would have likely just said "you have nothing we want that you'd be willing to part with".

Also don't think Osman/Okoro would not do it but the idea no one would take them in a deal is kooky talk based on Okoro's upside and Osman's contract. Hell, Philly might take them in a deal if we had another asset we could include that they wanted to make salary work. But we don't.
I totally believe it. Darryl Morey is a troll

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMG_20230625_164538.jpgright before little Demetrius got his face dunked in the cake.

#Savages