• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 offseason thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poole is going to average damn near 30 points playing 38 minutes a game on a crap team as the 1st option. And then all the chatter will be 'look what the Warriors gave up!'. Because most chatter is stupid.

We can't keep ignoring what happened between him and draymond. It obviously had a negative impact on him. I know that man hated going to work for the entire season.

I am no Poole fan but he is far from a bad player and is better than what he showed this season.

There isn't a person on this earth that wants to show up to work and work with the guy that punched you in the face for 6-7 months.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can't keep ignoring what happened between him and draymond. It obviously had a negative impact on him. I know that man hated going to work for the entire season.

I am no Poole fan but he is far from a bad player and is better than what he showed this season.

There isn't a person on this earth that wants to show up to work and work with the guy that punched you in the face for 6-7 months.
It was a factor and he had to go, for sure, no one ignores that part. And no one ever said he's 'bad' but he plays ZERO defense and was not a fit on the Warriors. Inefficient scorer as well. Nice handles, weak shooter. Overpaid too, partly thanks to the punch.

Like I said, he will be a top 5 scorer in the league next year on a crap team as the #1 and people will say GS messed up LOL

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poole is going to average damn near 30 points playing 38 minutes a game on a crap team as the 1st option. And then all the chatter will be 'look what the Warriors gave up!'. Because most chatter is stupid.
Yup.

Also…

This is the Wiz kids.

They aren’t well known for landing top free agents.

They need to draft well or take a gamble on young talent via trade.

They don’t benefit much from having the cap space from a expiring Morris twin.

If that was what they wanted, they would have just kept CP3.

Also, CP3 was never on the table for us.

Q keeps talking about #30.

But, that deal was for Brogdon, not Paul.

Clippers we’re never an option once Poole was in the mix.

If you are taking on multi year salary, you go with Poole over Amir Coffee Everytime.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a factor and he had to go, for sure, no one ignores that part. And no one ever said he's 'bad' but he plays ZERO defense and was not a fit on the Warriors. Inefficient scorer as well. Nice handles, weak shooter. Overpaid too, partly thanks to the punch.

Like I said, he will be a top 5 scorer in the league next year on a crap team as the #1 and people will say GS messed up LOL
Shareef Abdur Rahim empty calories.

Shorter Cedric Ceballos.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree.

He might not be as good as the Championship run.

But, no way is he as bad as last year either.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are we talking about Theory when this exact scenario actually occurred?

The Clippers engaged the Suns and Wiz in trade talks for Paul.

Both passed.

How exactly do you get a deal done when your prospective trade partners don’t like any of the shit you have to offer?

I just don’t know if I buy it when they intentionally avoided taking on any other long term salary

It’s very out of character for what they’ve done we do far

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good move by them if u ask me.
Phoenix needs to be calling his agent as soon as FA opens. They need bodies and for the vet minimum he'd be a decent signing for 15mpg off the bench.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is precisely how teams get trapped into holding on for too long.

I don’t think fans are rushing to watch Kawhi and PG in street clothes.
what is the point when they dont have their picks?

IF, and of course it is a big IF, in today's NBA, you can absolutely win a title of KAwhi and PG somehow are both healthy for 20 or so games in May and June.

if you could guarantee me they are healthy- I might even call them the favorites in the West- or close to it.

say its a 20% chance they are both healthy---- seems worth it considering they gain very little by blowing it up right now and Ballmer has tons of money and is actually willing to spend it

this is not a Wizards situation where they owned all their picks and decided to try for the 8-10 seed so their ownership could pocket the money from a couple home playoff games and ruined their chances at getting a once every 10 years type prospect.