• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 offseason thread

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure there is. Generational is based on the potential upside of the prospect not what he is now.
Even by that standard, I don't see him as Generational. If you believe that, then you're saying his ceiling is LBJ or MJ. And that's ridiculous. This kids ceiling is Yao Ming. And there is nothing wrong with that, great player. But he is a long way from Yao as well

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even by that standard, I don't see him as Generational. If you believe that, then you're saying his ceiling is LBJ or MJ. And that's ridiculous. This kids ceiling is Yao Ming. And there is nothing wrong with that, great player. But he is a long way from Yao as well
Ming comparison looks at height and ignores everything else. Completely different players.

You are drawing a lot from a single game from a league that is built to showcase perimeter players.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's 1 summer league game played by a 19 year old.

Last I heard, Kobe was a generational player.

His rookie season he averaged 7.6 ppg, 1.9 rpg and 1.3 apg, played only 15 minutes per game and wasn't a starter.

In fact, he didn't even become a starter until his 3rd season.

Maybe we can let this kid get a couple of regular season games under his belt before we decide what level player he is?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if you don’t finish as the 3rd best player to ever play NBA basketball player you can’t be called a generational talent. You have every right to your opinion. Nothing is guaranteed. It just seems like you’re really angry because scouts and others have said this kid is one of a kind. Sorry man. This too shall pass.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if you don’t finish as the 3rd best player to ever play NBA basketball player you can’t be called a generational talent. You have every right to your opinion. Nothing is guaranteed. It just seems like you’re really angry because scouts and others have said this kid is one of a kind. Sorry man. This too shall pass.

Who have been the generational talent prospects?

Shaq
Duncan
Lebron

Who else?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ming comparison looks at height and ignores everything else. Completely different players.

You are drawing a lot from a single game from a league that is built to showcase perimeter players.
And what exactly are you basing your astute analysis on lol? They are virtually the same height, same position, foreign, finesse, more away from the basket than back to the basket, and good shot blockers. They are different players, but I would love to hear your player comparison. Who do you see, Steph or LBJ lol?

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're making my point Bro. I've been listening to people babble about this "generational talent" about a kid who has never played in the NBA. Well, there's one summer league game in the books
Mecca is a female.

Not a bro.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what exactly are you basing your astute analysis on lol? They are virtually the same height, same position, foreign, finesse, more away from the basket than back to the basket, and good shot blockers. They are different players, but I would love to hear your player comparison. Who do you see, Steph or LBJ lol?
If you need to generate ridiculous things like this at the end of your posts you are probably not starting from a great place in your argument.

Yao Ming was a lumbering hulk that needed to play close to the basket, he was as close to a traditional center as you will see. He was great at it.

If you are looking for a template of what Wembenyama can be it is closest to Olajuwon or KG.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@UK Cowboy does have a solid point when you compare a 19 year old kid to the primes of legends he sucks.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 165,527.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would match but don’t think they will. Damn
Utah making a little noise. Thunder have a top 10 protected pick from them this year. Was thinking they couldn’t finish out of the bottom 10 but who knows maybe.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah making a little noise. Thunder have a top 10 protected pick from them this year. Was thinking they couldn’t finish out of the bottom 10 but who knows maybe.

I got no idea what Utah is doing