• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Off Season Thread

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On that note, he is my #1 King

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping 2 years/$10 million but they honored his current $7 million actual salary ($10 million hit though). I think he would have gotten more on the open market.

Not eye boggling but definitely more than I thought he would sign for.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping 2 years/$10 million but they honored his current $7 million actual salary ($10 million hit though). I think he would have gotten more on the open market.

Not eye boggling but definitely more than I thought he would sign for.
Ya, someone would have paid him. I am suprised and glad they didnt drag this out and just got it done. I could knitpick the offseason but really have to give props based on the plan we think we see. Still, lots needs to happen but for that target season they seem to have gotten business handled

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A thought, with Kopitar's new deal and if he drops down the lineup salary structure wise the Kings are in line with PLD at $8.5 as the 1C if as anticipated, Kopitar at $7 at 2C and Dunno at 3C at $5.5.

Buster is the wild card, he could either make more than PLD and become the 1C - which means it worked as envisioned - or he could literally become the 4C and make peanuts - which means that experiment failed.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On that note, he is my #1 King

Arguably the greatest King of all time.

I know people rip on how the C was stripped from Brown and given to Kopitar, but IMO he has led this team admirably. He isn't the in your face, physical, mouthy, whatever you want to call it like say Getzlaf was but he's done a fine job.

At the time, and where the state of the franchise was I think it was the right decision still. Brown may not have lost the team but he wasn't leading them either.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice article about Clarke. I honestly see him making the team next year if not this year.

Reading the article, he sounds very high risk high reward. Spence has played well in his limited appearances, so I don't think Clarke is a lock to make the roster this fall.

If he's ready, he's ready, if he's not keep him him Ontario. Spence will hold the 3RD spot down at a low cost until he is ready.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OT: what's your take on the optimism? You guys know I clowned LGK for over a decade because 99% of them were wrong literally 99% of the time*.

I read Teh Blog often (I do not post) and its stuff like this that just aggravates me. Dude
..literally no one on that list has shown anything close to what you're claiming. Don't choke on the koolaid.

Sounds like he thinks he's best friends with Yanetti.

* I had a chance once to smack Dancing Boys face into the mirror at Staples. He ended up next to me at tha sink after a tinkle break. Only reason I didn't was I was on felony probation, God honest truth.

I was attending a game with Ox and told him how I felt after I came back to our seats and he was like I'm not helping you out here son, good job restraining yourself

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230707_185003_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20230707_185003_Firefox.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, why bother. I don’t worry about shit that doesn’t personally affect me.
Besides, we all know where the cool kids hang out.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it doesn't. The one way, in a tight cap, means its guaranteed NHL money for a team.

The Kings gave that out thinking if he doesn't make the team, another team may think twice about taking him going through Waivers. Tells me they have faith still, but at that AAV it also means they don't want to invest a lot more into him. Tells me if he doesn't command a spot, he is one of the next ones out.

Bowlby is actually using the flat cap to his advantage.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, why bother. I don’t worry about shit that doesn’t personally affect me.
Besides, we all know where the cool kids hang out.

It's just annoying. Kings fans have gotten so much flak over the years and it's dudes like this why it happens.

How'd that #1 prospect pool work out there cobra?

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like to read LGK just to see what others are saying. Dont put much stock in what is being said. I mostly go on there when things are slow over here. Never posted on there either. They like to argue amongst themselves.
I dont recall any of them being correct about any predictions etc.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get wanting to support your team and players but be realistic. That vomit by mullet boy just gives every Kings rival yet another reason to clown. Im a Kings fan and i want every prospect to be the greatest ever and the Kings to win 8 cups in a row....but if you dont view your assets objectively you wont get 1 cup in a row. If you watch hockey at all you look at that optimism and think what a dumb ass, im supposed to believe these guys know what they are doing? Do they even watch the players in question? Just because they are in those positions doesnt mean thry can judge talent or know what they are doing. They get a chance because they know someone or played, i bet a lot of people can do those jobs better but have zero way to ever get a shot.

Puck, i dont really think i answered you in all my mumbo jumbo....but i really see no reason for optimism passed hoping we end up with 1 solid b6 and maybe a couple d that can only play on pp. Imo optimism creates laziness...that probably only make sense in my head

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get wanting to support your team and players but be realistic. That vomit by mullet boy just gives every Kings rival yet another reason to clown

Spot on. Bad enough LA doesn't get the respect it deserves in the NHL and then you have guys like this.

Im a Kings fan and i want every prospect to be the greatest ever and the Kings to win 8 cups in a row....but if you dont view your assets objectively you wont get 1 cup in a row. If you watch hockey at all you look at that optimism and think what a dumb ass, im supposed to believe these guys know what they are doing? Do they even watch the players in question? Just because they are in those positions doesnt mean thry can judge talent or know what they are doing. They get a chance because they know someone or played, i bet a lot of people can do those jobs better but have zero way to ever get a shot.

For kicks I looked up Kaliyev on Hockey Reference and he's scored 28 goals...over his entire 3 year career. To boot exactly half of those are PP goals. He isn't particularly good at anything, but not terrible either. So what on earth makes this guy think he will hit 30 next season? Is there any tangible proof? Has there been growth to show that? Not in my opinion, if anything he's regressed the last 2 years, he was healthy scratched for a few games in the Edmonton series.

Seems like he may become a left handed Martin Frk (who Teh Blog swore would be a regular on the roster too FYI). The evaluations of these players are just off, which is why I appreciate this board. Don't see a lot of myopia here of best case scenarios, we see the reality for what it is.

Puck, i dont really think i answered you in all my mumbo jumbo....but i really see no reason for optimism passed hoping we end up with 1 solid b6 and maybe a couple d that can only play on pp. Imo optimism creates laziness...that probably only make sense in my head

Makes total sense man - that's why most of them seem to gulp the koolaid and Blake can do no wrong. In fact if you bad mouth Blake on that blog you're the devil.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For early pick prospects i tend to want the most NHL ready, someone that can be on the roster quickly in some capacity. Most top end players are as developed as possible against lesser talent. I understand some you want to bulk up and not get destroyed and later picks you can take time to develope into potential NHL talent. Faced with buster or Stuetzle i take Stuetzle 10/10, he 100% looked like he could play NHL hockey off the get. I know the Kings and most fans wanted an heir apparent to Kopistar.....and here we are. I think you draft the best player you believe is available early rounds and fill out need in later rounds. Lets say Kings drafted Stuetzle....he would be great fun to watch and add too or you have a 40g guy to make a centerpiece for that C you really wanted. Either way you arent hoping a prospect "learns" to play NHL

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn’t know this until now.