• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 New England Patriots Roster

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots WR Kendrick Bourne suffered a torn ACL in the team’s Week 8 loss to the Dolphins, ending his season.
NFL Network’s Mike Garafolo confirmed the worst for Bourne on Monday. The veteran receiver exited in the fourth quarter of Sunday’s loss after going down after a catch and immediately grabbing his right knee. Bourne, 28, was pacing for a breakout season in his this year with the Patriots, catching 37 passes for 406 yards and four touchdowns through eight games. The veteran receiver is in the final year of a three-year, $15 million contract but should have a chance to return in 2024 for the receiver-strapped Patriots. With Bourne now out for the season, rookie Demario Douglas will have some value off the waiver wire this week.
He would have had a breakout season last year if not for Fatricia, and an even better year this year.

I hope he re-signs, always liked his effort and attitude.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats are in an odd spot IMO. Mac is one year three of a rookie deal which means we could keep him two more years or cut him lose at the end of the year. I can't see where he would garner more than a 5th round pick, he is a potential starter and very good back up QB. Do you think the Pats she hold him for year 4 or let the chips fly? If they are willing to cut ties what are reasonable expectations?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats are in an odd spot IMO. Mac is one year three of a rookie deal which means we could keep him two more years or cut him lose at the end of the year. I can't see where he would garner more than a 5th round pick, he is a potential starter and very good back up QB. Do you think the Pats she hold him for year 4 or let the chips fly? If they are willing to cut ties what are reasonable expectations?
I think the reason Bill sticks with him is they have been close in so many games, just a bit better and they could win out.

At that point Bill could have a QB to trade with actual value, or keep him because he's worth keeping.

But reasonable expectations now? I would say somewhere between a 4th and just let him walk.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the reason Bill sticks with him is they have been close in so many games, just a bit better and they could win out.

At that point Bill could have a QB to trade with actual value, or keep him because he's worth keeping.

But reasonable expectations now? I would say somewhere between a 4th and just let him walk.
I think we still have to question if the O line and WRs were better would Mac be better? Mac moves the ball but we just fall apart in the RZ, I had hoped that would improve this year, BOY was I wrong!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we still have to question if the O line and WRs were better would Mac be better? Mac moves the ball but we just fall apart in the RZ, I had hoped that would improve this year, BOY was I wrong!
Yeah.
Sometimes when he has time he makes decent throws. Sometimes they are not.
A good QB makes mediocre WR's better. I disagree that a good WR makes a mediocre QB better, but he will make a good QB look great. (Moss/Carter & Culpepper).
An Oline can make all the difference on the offense. More time to throw, more lanes to run. Will not make a QB more accurate, but will give him time to read a defense and at least put the ball where a WR can make a play.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An Oline can make all the difference on the offense. More time to throw, more lanes to run. Will not make a QB more accurate, but will give him time to read a defense and at least put the ball where a WR can make a play.
An Oline can make a mediocre QB look great. A poor Oline can make a great QB look mediocre.

A good coach can make a mediocre WR perform better. A shitty coach won't make QB worse, but will not help him improve.

Year 1 - Josh held Mac's hand and force fed him a complex offense. He thrived.

Year 2 - Patricia didn't have a clue and Mac floundered

Year 3 - BOB simplified a Read Option West Coast Offense and Mac appesrs to be illiterate.

A good QB will make mediocre WRs good, good WRs great. Poor WRs drop balls, run poor routes and do nothing to help a QB because they can't.
So a poor QB will flounder and make serious mistakes if he doesn't have good WRs.

SUMMARY:

BOB is not a good OC. The Patriots do not have talented WRs. Mac Jones is not a good QB.

Can Mac Jones improve? YES. But, not in the Patriots system under the tutelage of BB and BOB. Can Mac Jones be an All-Pro QB? NO.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.
Sometimes when he has time he makes decent throws. Sometimes they are not.
A good QB makes mediocre WR's better. I disagree that a good WR makes a mediocre QB better, but he will make a good QB look great. (Moss/Carter & Culpepper).
Culpepper was serviceable mostly because of his size. He didn't fear the rush and had enough wheels to escape some rushes. That not fearing the rush isn't a luxury Mac has and a luxury that Culpepper paid for with many injuries.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Culpepper was serviceable mostly because of his size. He didn't fear the rush and had enough wheels to escape some rushes. That not fearing the rush isn't a luxury Mac has and a luxury that Culpepper paid for with many injuries.
Culpepper plummeted when he was not with Carter and Moss. All he had to do was heave the ball and let Randy figure out where it was going and run underneath it or throw a middle distance towards Carter and let him haul it in.

He was a good QB that appeared almost great because of those two.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An Oline can make a mediocre QB look great. A poor Oline can make a great QB look mediocre.

A good coach can make a mediocre WR perform better. A shitty coach won't make QB worse, but will not help him improve.

Year 1 - Josh held Mac's hand and force fed him a complex offense. He thrived.

Year 2 - Patricia didn't have a clue and Mac floundered

Year 3 - BOB simplified a Read Option West Coast Offense and Mac appesrs to be illiterate.

A good QB will make mediocre WRs good, good WRs great. Poor WRs drop balls, run poor routes and do nothing to help a QB because they can't.
So a poor QB will flounder and make serious mistakes if he doesn't have good WRs.

SUMMARY:

BOB is not a good OC. The Patriots do not have talented WRs. Mac Jones is not a good QB.

Can Mac Jones improve? YES. But, not in the Patriots system under the tutelage of BB and BOB. Can Mac Jones be an All-Pro QB? NO.
u mean the OC for the 2007 team wasnt very good The 36.8 ppg says otherwise :suds:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good points.

Mac can't read a defence. He locks in on his number one option for too long. Hard to blame him with the awful Oline play but it is what it is. A decent starter would read the blitzes or even 3-4 man rush and dump it off to the hot read. Time and time again you see a RB sneak out of the BF and is wide open, yet Mac doesn't see him. When he does he panics and throws a bad ball on many occasion.

I think you keep Mac while drafting a QB. See who wins the starting job in camp. If you find a decent starter wait until the QBs start getting injured and then trade Mac.

BOB I think is still a decent OC. But he's battling trying to get Mac mentally sharp. Work with mediocre WRs and under performing TEs combined with terrible O line play. Not easy to game plan an offense.

What happened to Mac being touted as a good decision maker? He's gotten worse as time goes on.