• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 New England Patriots Roster

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just how bad is it? Mac somehow keeps beating out Zappe and QB3, pre-season, week in and week out he beats them out. Twice now he's been pulled and twice Zappe has come in the toss INTs. How is it that Mac keeps beating them out only to have them both suck? Jeepers this is a mess.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just how bad is it?
It's so bad that Mother Nature is keeping the weather clear and warm in Massachusetts the entire month of December. The 30 Forecast has the temperature above 45 the entire month and instead of snow squalls, there will be rain. Remember the old days when we wanted the Dolphins and any west coast team to visit Foxboro in December?? The old 14 game seasons?

Let's not get political about climate change. The earth's been changing consistently for five or six billion years. How come there ain't been any dinosaur bones found south of the equator? Was it the northern hemisphere a billion or so years ago? None one gave a shit because we wasn't here yet.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's so bad that Mother Nature is keeping the weather clear and warm in Massachusetts the entire month of December. The 30 Forecast has the temperature above 45 the entire month and instead of snow squalls, there will be rain. Remember the old days when we wanted the Dolphins and any west coast team to visit Foxboro in December?? The old 14 game seasons?

Let's not get political about climate change. The earth's been changing consistently for five or six billion years. How come there ain't been any dinosaur bones found south of the equator? Was it the northern hemisphere a billion or so years ago? None one gave a shit because we wasn't here yet.
Why if you didn't want to get political would you even bring it up?

I may not be a tree hugger but I am a bush licker and I do believe humans are fucking the earth up.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but I am a bush licker
Stephen Colbert Love GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just to be clear, I was speaking only about BigKen. He referred to Rex as a coackroach while Rex said pretty much exactly what Ken has been saying.

I don't agree with Rex at all but the airwaves need to be filled with something.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to be clear, I was speaking only about BigKen. He referred to Rex as a coackroach while Rex said pretty much exactly what Ken has been saying.

I don't agree with Rex at all but the airwaves need to be filled with something.
Yeah, I know.

I can say Bill sucks. Rex can suck start a greasy fart

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to be clear, I was speaking only about BigKen.
The difference between him and I is that I've been a fan since the franchise was granted and make my comments openly and I don't sprinkle sugar to make me look like I understand everything and am a great friend of BB.

I've been saying for two years that BB should be replaced. people that now agree with me were throwing piles of shit at me until very recently.

I've never once complimented Rex Ryan. I couldn't stand his father Buddy and I can't stand him. He's always been a bag of wind that couldn't blow his own nose. Why he is constantly still on television and radio is beyond comprehension. I wouldn't let that man clean my toilet, let alone give an opinion about anything related to professional football.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question.

Did Bill move up anyone or sign anyone to take Grier's roster spot??

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying for two years that BB should be replaced. people that now agree with me were throwing piles of shit at me until very recently.

I still don't agree with you but that's cool. I don't know what has gone wrong, other than we can't get a franchise QB, but there's no way those SB's were ALL TB12. Sure, Tom was a major cog in the wheel but we had some great defenses and offenses.

Perhaps it's the coach drain in addition to the loss of the GOAT. Perhaps it's a host of things but I entirely disagree with the premise that BB suddenly sucks a giant dick. They won the SB largely with defense just a few years ago.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't agree with you but that's cool. I don't know what has gone wrong, other than we can't get a franchise QB, but there's no way those SB's were ALL TB12. Sure, Tom was a major cog in the wheel but we had some great defenses and offenses.

Perhaps it's the coach drain in addition to the loss of the GOAT. Perhaps it's a host of things but I entirely disagree with the premise that BB suddenly sucks a giant dick. They won the SB largely with defense just a few years ago.
I understand where you're coming from and can't disagree 100%.

Here are two scenarios that all of us may or may not have been in.

1. Have you ever been approached by your boss or some one higher up and they've said, "The company is being forced to downsize. We will be laying off a lot of people and you will be in the first group. It has nothing to do with your past performance and we will certainly recommend you for any position that you apply for."

When you were told, did you say "Fuck them, I ain't doin' shit for the rest of the time I'm here" or did you continue to do your job and do it to the best of your ability?

Second scenario:
2. You've accepted a position at another company and you give your two week notice to your boss. Everyone knows your gone in two weeks. Did you say, "I'm outta here and I'll just sit back and take two weeks vacation." Or did youkeep doing your job to the best of your ability so that no one could say that you were a slug and had always been a slug?

I think BB either has a job in his back pocket or knows that the axe is falling and has feelers out everywhere. Either way, he doesn't want to lose but he know that he's the one who hasn't put the pieces in place to be successful. The last thing he wants is to walk away from the Patriots with a 2-15 season as his swan song. The reason? When he gets to his new job, he doesn't want to be in the same position as he is now and be coaching another sty full of breakfast sausage and become known as the guy who couldn't win without a superstar QB. Think about it. He had Testaverde in Cleveland but didn't have all of the pieces around him and never got the time to do anything.

Personally, I've been in both situations and if anything, I worked harder when I was told that I was being laid off than when I accepted another job, but I always finished working where my boss came up to me on my last day and said, "I'm really sorry that you're leaving. I wish that there was some way I could get you to stay."

I don't know if BB is in either situation, but I think he wants to go out on a much higher level than he's at right now. He can say that he gave it everything he had but he didn't have enough. We can take that anyway we want.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI:

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Combination of Brady left and a lack of AVAILABLE QB talent, spent cap space due to signing top tier vets to win SB's now preventing bringing in top FA's, years of crappy draft positions due to winning SB's and AFCCG's, coaching/scouting talent drain. And the league making up scandals to overcome.

I offer you this:
Cowboys of the 80's
Cowboys after '96
49ers after '98
Broncos after '98
Broncos after '15
Raiders. Mostly of the new millennium.
Buffalo after '93
Dolphins after Marino.

The list goes on and on. There are bad years after a run of good years.

Staubach and Landry
Aikman and Johnson
Montana/Young though the lispy one carried them a bit and Walsh/Seifert
Elway and Shanahan
Manning and Kubiak/Elway
Raiders?
Kelly and Levy
Marino and Shula

Brady AND Belichick.

Steelers? No. They stick with the coaches for continuity.