• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 New England Patriots Roster

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I have to go take a shower.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The drama is over. Dhop signs with Tenn for two years worth almist $30M.

Thoughts?

BB being cheap again?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two years, $26M. Could be $32 if he reaches all incentives.

BB wasn't cheap. Tennessee pushed the envelope. DHop won't get them to the AFCCG. He's not worth every cap dollar left.

DHop wouldn't have gotten the Patriots to the AFCCG either. He "might" have given Mac the opportunity to show whether or not he could crack the top 10. Mac will get a chance to show if he can make #2,#3 and #4 WRs into #1, #2, #3s. Like Brady did with Patten, Givens and Edelman.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No there was never a need. Again this team needs a DB more than a WR or RB
The D will be fine regardless how many times you want to argue DB is more of a need than a WR. Putting up points was their problem. Hopefully, BoB can fix that? Dhop is a playmaker. Bill will play nickel packages or even drop 6 DBs back in need be. The current defensive front 7 will dictate the game.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two years, $26M. Could be $32 if he reaches all incentives.

BB wasn't cheap. Tennessee pushed the envelope. DHop won't get them to the AFCCG. He's not worth every cap dollar left.

DHop wouldn't have gotten the Patriots to the AFCCG either. He "might" have given Mac the opportunity to show whether or not he could crack the top 10. Mac will get a chance to show if he can make #2,#3 and #4 WRs into #1, #2, #3s. Like Brady did with Patten, Givens and Edelman.
What else are we doing with that cap money?

$13M per is a steal for Dhop.

I'm no fan of his Divaness, wouldn't want him missing practices. Maybe that's what swung him? So much for his bs about wanting to go to a contender.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

$13M per is a steal for Dhop.

I'm no fan of his Divaness, wouldn't want him missing practices. Maybe that's what swung him? So much for his bs about wanting to go to a contender.
"It's not about the money. And it never will be, as long as I get top dollar."

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D will be fine regardless how many times you want to argue DB is more of a need than a WR. Putting up points was their problem. Hopefully, BoB can fix that? Dhop is a playmaker. Bill will play nickel packages or even drop 6 DBs back in need be. The current defensive front 7 will dictate the game.
We still need a DB that is not on his way to prison. Would it be nice if the front 7 can dictate the game? Sure but that won't happen all game every game. It's easy in this league to pick on a weak DB.

BOB will make a difference the biggest concern was not moving the ball it was Red Zone effectiveness. Parker in year two Gissicki IMO is an upgrade, Thornton will be more familiar with the offsense. I did not still do not see a reason for DHOP.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"WE" aren't going to do anything with that money. Bill always has a small bank "Just in Case" he has to sign someone during the season. He must have said someth8ing to T. Brown and let him know that he had some cash in his wallet as well as his money if he wasn't going to get his shit together. He must have figured that he wasn't going to get the money that he's due with the Patriots and has started getting into shape for training camp. Rookies report a week from tomorrow and the veterans report in 11 days.

Have a great week. Heading back to Chatanooga in about an hour.

Sister in law had a port inserted into her chest. Chemowill be done by her at home unless something goes wrong.

Malignant tumors in the Pancreas and Liver. Not good.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thoughts?

BB being cheap again?

No. BB being smart again. The Pats actually offered him a lot and I'm glad it didn't work out. Our offense is going to be good thanks to Rocket Man not calling the shots and a real OC stepping in. I believe this years offense will be reminiscent of the early Brady years. Solid run game and annoying little receivers moving the ball in small chunks consistently with minimal turnovers.

Additionally, NOT signing DHOP may open the door to one of these fringe guys getting an opportunity to make an impact.

I'm tend to agree with YankeeRebel that a DB is a bigger need, especially if gunboy is a goner.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. BB being smart again. The Pats actually offered him a lot and I'm glad it didn't work out. Our offense is going to be good thanks to Rocket Man not calling the shots and a real OC stepping in. I believe this years offense will be reminiscent of the early Brady years. Solid run game and annoying little receivers moving the ball in small chunks consistently with minimal turnovers.

Additionally, NOT signing DHOP may open the door to one of these fringe guys getting an opportunity to make an impact.

I'm tend to agree with YankeeRebel that a DB is a bigger need, especially if gunboy is a goner.
Can we be improved at WR and DB? Absolutely.
Change for the sake of change can be foolish and expensive.
With that money in the pocket, we have room to shop.
Training camp and preseason will cause cuts to be available.
I would rather see some young guys given a chance by Patriots discernment than a buyout of an aging veteran.

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all agree that DB WR and maybe OT are still needed. We had our shot at a WR who is better than any WR we have on our team. We failed to land him. For those wanting a DB… what DB could be had? None in free agency. What team would trade a good DB away? None that I can think of.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We still need a DB that is not on his way to prison. Would it be nice if the front 7 can dictate the game? Sure but that won't happen all game every game. It's easy in this league to pick on a weak DB.

BOB will make a difference the biggest concern was not moving the ball it was Red Zone effectiveness. Parker in year two Gissicki IMO is an upgrade, Thornton will be more familiar with the offsense. I did not still do not see a reason for DHOP.
Dhop causes teams to strategize against him. Just like picking on a DB.

BB finds a way of making DBs better. I'm not worried. Hell he turned T. Brown into a decent DB.

BB doesn't have the same track record with WRs.

We'll see how Parker does this year. He wins contested balls but also disappears for days. Thorton is a ? Gski is he really that much of an upgrade? He should produce more from the TE spot this season just based on BOB and his offense. JuJu is a push. Well if he can get on the field anyway.

All the WRs only demand single coverage. Mac will need to be at his best to have this team win 10 or more.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"WE" aren't going to do anything with that money. Bill always has a small bank "Just in Case" he has to sign someone during the season. He must have said someth8ing to T. Brown and let him know that he had some cash in his wallet as well as his money if he wasn't going to get his shit together. He must have figured that he wasn't going to get the money that he's due with the Patriots and has started getting into shape for training camp. Rookies report a week from tomorrow and the veterans report in 11 days.

Have a great week. Heading back to Chatanooga in about an hour.

Sister in law had a port inserted into her chest. Chemowill be done by her at home unless something goes wrong.

Malignant tumors in the Pancreas and Liver. Not good.
Thanks for the "we" comment for a moment I thought we were all part owners.

Sure evey coach keeps a little tucked away for injuries and possible FA moves. Not $18M which would've gone up if they signed Dhop as someone was getting cut.

BB had the money. Dhop was the best FA available. He failed to pull the trigger.

If it was Hop not wanting to practice I could live with that. If it was BB didn't want to spend 13M that's another story.

Is BB still trying to bolster his legacy post TB. Show the league I can do it with little talent and nepotism?

Things that make you go hmmm?

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dhop causes teams to strategize against him. Just like picking on a DB.

BB finds a way of making DBs better. I'm not worried. Hell he turned T. Brown into a decent DB.

BB doesn't have the same track record with WRs.

We'll see how Parker does this year. He wins contested balls but also disappears for days. Thorton is a ? Gski is he really that much of an upgrade? He should produce more from the TE spot this season just based on BOB and his offense. JuJu is a push. Well if he can get on the field anyway.

All the WRs only demand single coverage. Mac will need to be at his best to have this team win 10 or more.

Currently a long shot but Boutte might pan out(4th round pick with 1st round potential) and they’re also trying out undrafted QB Cunningham in the slot. You never know.