• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 NE Patriots Draft

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still holding out hope for a Gronk, TB12, JE11 and Dmac final 1 year reunion tour.
200.gif

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill only reads that if he's trading a player away and the value chart is higher than he values the player traded. Otherwise, was Zappe really 30 times more valuable than Purdy? or is it a car thing where they all change value the moment they are driven off the lot.

Would you rather have the first pick in the first round and the last pick in the first round, or every pick frim the fourth round to the end of the draft (including comps)? The value chart says they're worth the same.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill only reads that if he's trading a player away and the value chart is higher than he values the player traded. Otherwise, was Zappe really 30 times more valuable than Purdy? or is it a car thing where they all change value the moment they are driven off the lot.

Would you rather have the first pick in the first round and the last pick in the first round, or every pick frim the fourth round to the end of the draft (including comps)? The value chart says they're worth the same.
I was thinking the same thing.
Would you trade all 11 picks the Pats have at 1969 pts, for the #1 overall at 3000 pts?

Fuck no.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is imperfect but mainly because we don't know what will happen.
Zach Wilson was #2 pick in the draft. Would you rather have him then Brock Purdy, last pick in draft?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is imperfect but mainly because we don't know what will happen.
Zach Wilson was #2 pick in the draft. Would you rather have him then Brock Purdy, last pick in draft?
Proof the NFL does not always get it correct. I knew Wilson had bust written all over him. So happy he did not end up here.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was Zappe really 30 times more valuable than Purdy?

My opinion is it's entirely possible that Zappe could be better but we'll now never know. Purdy has done a hell of a job but let's be real here, he went to a team with all the tools to lift up an inexperienced rookie QB while Zappe went to a shit show and still looked solid. What would Bailey have done if he was starting for the 9ers?

Both guys are identical height and weight and are both considered too small. I like what Purdy has done but what would've happened if he played for the Pats and started the same games that Zappe started?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Proof the NFL does not always get it correct. I knew Wilson had bust written all over him. So happy he did not end up here.
But ending up here at 15 vs 2 is a big difference. QB's are a high bust position but throwing away the 2 and previously was it 7 or 8 for the guy before... That's like us never having Richard Seymour or Jerrod Mayo (and nobody appreciates I had to go that far back for comparisons).

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion is it's entirely possible that Zappe could be better but we'll now never know. Purdy has done a hell of a job but let's be real here, he went to a team with all the tools to lift up an inexperienced rookie QB while Zappe went to a shit show and still looked solid. What would Bailey have done if he was starting for the 9ers?

Both guys are identical height and weight and are both considered too small. I like what Purdy has done but what would've happened if he played for the Pats and started the same games that Zappe started?
I don't disagree but my point was the rated value between them and not their potential.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But ending up here at 15 vs 2 is a big difference. QB's are a high bust position but throwing away the 2 and previously was it 7 or 8 for the guy before... That's like us never having Richard Seymour or Jerrod Mayo (and nobody appreciates I had to go that far back for comparisons).
Botton line is you do your homework, and hope for the best. There is no way of telling if a guy will be a bust for sure, you really just hope for the best. I would only term someone a bust if they were taken in round one and failed, but this is very much a shit happens scenario

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Trey Lance? He can't stay on the playing field.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Trey Lance thing is remarkable when you consider what the 49ers gave up to go get him. The jury is obviously still out but that dude has GIANT BUST written all over him and San Fran actually spent a lot to move up and get him, an unproven "project QB".

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again all drafts equal risk vs reward IMO. You can't go into the draft thinking, this guy might suck, this guys might get hurt or even this guys had some injuries. It's football of course he has. Generally speaking the question is IMO is " Has he peaked is he at his cieling" or "He good with room to grow"