• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 2023 Lions regular season game thread

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a miserable old bastard because dammit that glass is always half empty.

Remember when you quit the Fantrax league because you could never make the playoffs? Always finished in the bottom half of the league. I guess it made your great player evaluations look bad. Talk about a record setting quitter bitch.
It is funny, in the NFL forum I was accused of being a blind fanboy of Ben Johnson, who has an unrealistically optimistic outlook on the Lions. It is amazing to be both too negative and overly positive in the same instant. Perhaps I just evaluate each thing on it's own and form a conclusion, you take mild criticism as pure negativity because you are not smart enough. How pathetic do you have to be to hear any sort of criticism and tune out all the positive and only focus on the negative.

I remember when I stopped all fantasy football because I was in 8 leagues, and it was too time-consuming, but yes in that particular dynasty league when I missed the first draft and ended with 8 defenses, I struggled to rebuild it.

Your belief that fantasy football ties into football knowledge sums you up perfectly, however.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anzelone out for a while. What is the holdup in getting Leonard signed?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anzelone out for a while. What is the holdup in getting Leonard signed?
I would love that signing, The mentor value for Barnes/Campbell/Rodriguez alone is worth it.

As I understand it he is visiting the Cowboys first. I imagine they don't want him to get to Philly, I have not heard that we are even on his list.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Campbell seems to think the oline issues came from too many moving parts. He said Lions missed a lot of rotations on twists. If that is the case Jacksons return brings familiarity back should return the oline to its usual dominant self. That would be an awesome correction.

I don't love the Marcus Peters rumors, but if it keeps Will Harris out if Jacobs needs to leave then I see value in it.

I would love to see the Lions come out and put up a dominant win like we saw in the early season, I think we are well equipped for Carr/Winston, but we are a prime target for some Taysom Hill fuckery.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t really watch the Thanksgiving Day game. Too busy being the gracious host to sit and take it in. That said, my level of disappointment is more from losing at home than anything else. The Lions should own Ford field, and win every home game.

For the second week in a row, turnovers showed up. Also, it sounds like the Lions are relying heavily on going for it on fourth down or trying to run a ‘trick’ play. It’d be nice to see them run fewer of these desperation moves so that they actually are a surprise for the opponent.

This was not the game that I thought they’d lose in the second half, but if it turns out to be the one (eternal optimist) I hope the coaching staff learned something from this. For a while there, it was looking like the Lions were starting to be Green Bay’s nightmare after sending Rodgers off with a home loss and ushering Love in with a home loss. Screwing the pooch now was a humbling experience. Looking forward to them sweeping the rest of those NFC North matchups.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A win here would go a long way towards a playoff spot being locked up. NO is one of teams fighting for 1 of those spots so we would put them in the rear view mirror if we beat them. A win here and we are 3 games ahead of all the other WC teams and only team we dont have tiebreak over would be SEA. If we win the next 3 we should win the Div unless MN wins all their remaining games.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A win here would go a long way towards a playoff spot being locked up. NO is one of teams fighting for 1 of those spots so we would put them in the rear view mirror if we beat them. A win here and we are 3 games ahead of all the other WC teams and only team we dont have tiebreak over would be SEA. If we win the next 3 we should win the Div unless MN wins all their remaining games.
Lions are set up well. The final stretch of the schedule has turned more difficult than it first appeared, but Lions are still in the drivers seat.

Cowboys remain the most difficult left, but Broncos and Saints are both in the playoff chase, and division games are always tough.

Oline getting its health back should hopefully help Goff with his recent turnovers. If Lions defense goes back to how it played at the start of the season I think Lions could get the 2 seed.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of players on the injury report today - six on the defense. On the road against a stout defense in the Saints, the Lions offense needs to get back to playing mistake free football. Let’s see the running game get back on schedule, control the clock and grind on down the field.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of players on the injury report today - six on the defense. On the road against a stout defense in the Saints, the Lions offense needs to get back to playing mistake free football. Let’s see the running game get back on schedule, control the clock and grind on down the field.
Most of them are full practice the last 2 days. Anzelone and Hooker are for sure to be out. Jackson in questionable, but was full participant in practice. The rest are not labeled and practice. I think Anzelone may be the only significant miss for this one.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice start by the young guys. Branch with a pick. Williams with a big catch for first down. Gibbs with a big run. LaPorta with the TD catch.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Anzelone out they gave Jack Campbell the green dot? Coaches seem to have a lot of trust in him. It is cool how far he has improved through the year.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ragnow is injured. Glasgow to Center, Sordal back in.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care for the wildcat formation. Worth a shot I suppose.

Ragnow is doubtful to return

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The next time Jerry Jacobs turns his head to track the ball will be his first. Need the offense to come alive again here shortly.

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This defense stinks, can’t get pressure, can’t cover receivers.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again the offense stagnates with an injury to the oline. The top 5 are arguably the 2nd best in the league, but they are in desperate need of some depth. Damn shame we could not keep Evan Brown.