• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 2023 Lions regular season game thread

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what Bruce Irvin has left at this point. A dart throw amt any player that can rush thebpasser is worth it. Hope it works out.
Probably not much but Neither Okwara has been getting much pressure nor has Harris. I am ready to move on from all 3 next year. If Houston was not forced out of position we could have let 2 of them go this year.

Houston expected to be back before Xmas too.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irvin started 10 games last year and had like 4 sacks? That sounds shitty, but I think it's about what Hutchinson has done and gotta be more than we've got from the rest of our DE's combined.

I really thought we could use 1 elite pass rusher, but thought we'd at least get some results from rotating the other guys through. One Okwara was a former double digit sack guy. The other was a 3rd round talent. Charles Harris is I think another guy that's had double digit sacks previously and is a team leader. I don't know how we can get zero pressure without blitzing. Hutch was leading the league in pressures for a while. Don't know if he still is. But he just hasn't been getting there and sealing the deal either.

I honestly don't get this team. I hear fans every week complaining about Glenn. I look at the roster and besides Sutton it hasn't really changed from last year. There's very little notable improvement on the 2 deep. We get no pressure. Haven't forced a ton of turnovers or really made a bunch of plays or anything. But somehow the defense is winning games for us and we were top 10 defense in the league. Haven't seen new numbers, which I expect dropped a bit after this shootout.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Defense has been a bit puzzling this year. Some games they’ve looked unstoppable, then they look incompetent. Hutchinson has been dealing with a lot of double and chips, but that should open up others. It is puzzling why Houston was moved away from DE at the start of the season. He played on fire last year; hopefully, he’ll be back to his winning ways in time for the first Vikings game.

With the Bears coming up this weekend, it looks like they’re getting their QB back. Does that make it scary Bears or just a wet dumpster fire for Chicago? He does bring a run dynamic to their offense. With any luck, this will be the week the run stuffing Defense shows up for the Lions.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Defense has been a bit puzzling this year. Some games they’ve looked unstoppable, then they look incompetent. Hutchinson has been dealing with a lot of double and chips, but that should open up others. It is puzzling why Houston was moved away from DE at the start of the season. He played on fire last year; hopefully, he’ll be back to his winning ways in time for the first Vikings game.

With the Bears coming up this weekend, it looks like they’re getting their QB back. Does that make it scary Bears or just a wet dumpster fire for Chicago? He does bring a run dynamic to their offense. With any luck, this will be the week the run stuffing Defense shows up for the Lions.
Glenn has no answer for a running QB. It wont be as easy as it should be.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big V has most likely played his last game as a Lion. We need to add someone there for sure next year. Especially with how often JJ is hurt there is a shortfall at the guard position even with Glasgow. GG is a nice depth player to have but we need someone at the position we can count on week in and week out.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big V has most likely played his last game as a Lion. We need to add someone there for sure next year. Especially with how often JJ is hurt there is a shortfall at the guard position even with Glasgow. GG is a nice depth player to have but we need someone at the position we can count on week in and week out.
Jonah Jackson is confirmed out now. Schofield was a solid pickup, but I am not sure he is ready to go after one week. Sorsdal did a decent job in his 1 start. We for sure are not as strong as when we started, but the Oline is still very good and still has depth. I am ok with where we are at.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I benched Hutch in the Fantrax league, so he's guaranteed to go off. That should bode well for the defense.

I know it's a shitty thing to do, but I did it anyway.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't it have to be catchable to be dpi?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions defense is pure shit. Let's all pray Glenn gets that head coach job this offseason

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Literally throwing the ball away and they call PI

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is the game all Lions fans have been waiting for. The return to what we are used to

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This looks like a mismatch so far and not in a good way.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wth? Goff is getting all kinds of time too. It seems as if he isn't seeing the field well today.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wtf was that? 1st down on the 2... run the damned thing in there.

Edit in midpost... That's better.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DE getting Tackled during his pass rush. Literally on an island right in front of the refs and still can't get a call.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pathethic but somehow ahead. Getting very difficult to watch Jack Campbell these days. Started so well but is getting worse every week. At least they made a defensive adjustment after spotting them a TD. Bohanna has looked good so far. He is a big upgrade from Benito. TBH he looks like our second best DT already. That fills a big need for us.