• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023-24 Flyers: What's new is old again.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one am not sad/mad. Torts holds everyone accountable for their play regardless of who it is and the players respect him for it.

Couts has been playing so slow after the first 20 games. The game is going so fast in transition and he just isn't able to keep up with the pace of the game in the last month and a half.
Who made him captain?

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big point tonight. As well as we played in the 3rd and OT, I feel like we should've won this game, but it wasn't meant to be. Right now, it's looking a lot like we just have to beat out Washington for 3rd in the Metro and Tampa/Detroit will take the wild card spots. If we let Washington or the NYI past us, we can probably forget about making the playoffs. The Caps are about dead even with us, but they would have to win both games in hand to pull ahead via the tiebreaker.

I would really hate for this to come down to the final game of the season against them too.
Tying the game in the 3rd is a huge step for this team. In years past, they would push and push, then give up a goal to go down by 2. Nice to see the team playing 60 minutes.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tying the game in the 3rd is a huge step for this team. In years past, they would push and push, then give up a goal to go down by 2. Nice to see the team playing 60 minutes.
I just love watching this years team and the never give up attitude. This year has been so much fun.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purdue Good luck! My boys from Wagner got knocked out yesterday.

My bracket was busted on day 1 with Kentucky going down.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Eric Johnsons first 3 games in which he was a disaster he now looks more and more comfortable in the system and is playing a lot better.

Ginning and Attard are playing solid NHL hockey right now.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either Torts or the call came down from Danny B and Keith Jones.
Who made him captain?
Im pretty sure they did it for that outdoor game as we needed a Captain to do that ceremonial faceoff shit. He was probably selected as he had an "A" on his chest already. But yeah I don't think he's captain material.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im pretty sure they did it for that outdoor game as we needed a Captain to do that ceremonial faceoff shit. He was probably selected as he had an "A" on his chest already. But yeah I don't think he's captain material.
Good point. It was two days before.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, just maybe Torts is sitting Coots to let his body rest for awhile for a playoff run. If we went into the playoffs with a Coots who is tired and lacking then he's def no good to the team. He took a whole year off. Were almost through this season and it is catching up with him, don't see how a rest for him could be a bad thing.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess they feel sitting down Couts makes us look less foolish than if they continued to make some players accountable and not all players.
That is one character quality of Torts. He is not duplicitous are does favorites. He treats everyone the same especially when they are on the ice and playing. His rules are non-negotiable on any level and that is why he wins championships. His word can be trusted unlike the myriad of lunatics we had with the last FO.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, just maybe Torts is sitting Coots to let his body rest for awhile for a playoff run. If we went into the playoffs with a Coots who is tired and lacking then he's def no good to the team. He took a whole year off. Were almost through this season and it is catching up with him, don't see how a rest for him could be a bad thing.
Its true ,In a weird way sitting Couts now is getting him rest for the playoffs which can only help our boys.

I dont think that's why Torts is sitting him because all the stories are how Couts is mad at being scratched and even his agent complained. Hope he comes back pissed off at the opposition and plays like the younger version of himself.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its true ,In a weird way sitting Couts now is getting him rest for the playoffs which can only help our boys.

I dont think that's why Torts is sitting him because all the stories are how Couts is mad at being scratched and even his agent complained. Hope he comes back pissed off at the opposition and plays like the younger version of himself.
Yea but I also no how much the media likes to feed the flame on these issues to, just like they did the Johansen trade, saying Briere said a bunch of shit he never said. I'm sure he's pissed off and I hope it does light a fire in his belly.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you explain it to him and you list him with a lower body injury.

This was a "fuck you" to Couturier.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

More likely he will be traded for peanuts in the offseason and John won't even be here by the time this team finally competes again.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you explain it to him and you list him with a lower body injury.

This was a "fuck you" to Couturier.
I agree, however I do not know what was said to Coots as I've not heard any comment on it except by his agent. I would whole heartily believe he was Sat down and it explained to him.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purdue Good luck! My boys from Wagner got knocked out yesterday.

My bracket was busted on day 1 with Kentucky going down.
Thanks LAS. Will be happy to NOT lose to a 16 seed !!!!