• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023-24 Flyers: What's new is old again.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briere would be a shoe in for GM of the decade!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I hate to lose both, if we got a great return I'm all for it.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I hate to lose both, if we got a great return I'm all for it.
I dont want to lose either of them just want to lose Risto and sign them.

I realize that is a pipe dream but i am going to church and pray this happens. :D

It really would make us more even money wise on the back end and just plain better as a team.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense sucks for ten years and is finally having success. Let's get rid of them! We'll just draft some defenders like we couldn't do for ten fucking years.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright tough guy I'm settled down try not to break your keyboard with all the flexing your trying to do.

I haven't told you because anyone that knows anything about hockey knows different centers have different values but hey you may know more than the whole hockey world.
Yup, we have a good one valued at 8 million for this year. Maybe someone that knows this stuff can educate you and me on where that falls amongst the veteran centers.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, we have a good one valued at 8 million for this year. Maybe someone that knows this stuff can educate you and me on where that falls amongst the veteran centers.
I guess you think you could just trade a player with a NMC no matter how good you think he is but hey what do i know.

Just for fun even if he didn't have the NMC. He is 31 making 8 million a year until 2030 is injury prone and tied for 99th in the league in points. IMO we get an offer of a 4th rounder or maybe a 3rd if we throw in a high draft pick and eat half the salary.

Feel better now.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense sucks for ten years and is finally having success. Let's get rid of them! We'll just draft some defenders like we couldn't do for ten fucking years.
Lets use your own logic here Our offense has sucked for 10 years and you want to trade our third highest scorer (Couts) . "Lets get rid of him! Well just draft a 2nd line center like we couldn't fucking do for the last 10 years."

See how dumb you sound.

If you had half a brain and read my posts i would love to keep Walker and Seeler but only if Risto is traded. Other than that sorry muscle man they are as good as gone, its not my fault our GM has a brain in his head and doesn't want lose them for nothing at the end of the year.

Now go back and flex in the mirror.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you think you could just trade a player with a NMC no matter how good you think he is but hey what do i know.

Just for fun even if he didn't have the NMC. He is 31 making 8 million a year until 2030 is injury prone and tied for 99th in the league in points. IMO we get an offer of a 4th rounder or maybe a 3rd if we throw in a high draft pick and eat half the salary.

Feel better now.
So it's worth keeping him. You would get rid of him for nearly nothing just to get half the money back? What's the point?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's worth keeping him. You would get rid of him for nearly nothing just to get half the money back? What's the point?

I dont think we could get rid of Couts so its a moot point arguing about it. IMO no other team will be taking on that contract so he will be on our team for a while.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think we could get rid of Couts so its a moot point arguing about it. IMO no other team will be taking on that contract so he will be on our team for a while.
Good

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets use your own logic here Our offense has sucked for 10 years and you want to trade our third highest scorer (Couts) . "Lets get rid of him! Well just draft a 2nd line center like we couldn't fucking do for the last 10 years."

See how dumb you sound.

If you had half a brain and read my posts i would love to keep Walker and Seeler but only if Risto is traded. Other than that sorry muscle man they are as good as gone, its not my fault our GM has a brain in his head and doesn't want lose them for nothing at the end of the year.

Now go back and flex in the mirror.
It's dumb how you can't follow the conversation. I don't want to trade Couts.

You are arguing with yourself. Guess that's why you brought up a mirror.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't even bother with this guy.

Such an idiot will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

All he does is spam click-bait links and repeatedly trash his own team, even while they are playing well.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of you who didn't watch, we largely dominated the Preds last night at Bridgestone Arena, despite losing 2-3 early in overtime.

We overcame some horrific refereeing and a 0-2 deficit to get a point in this game. The shots were 39-22, blocks 23-11 and giveaways 9-15 all in favor of our Flyers.

That overpaid, injury-prone scrub Sean Couturier led the comeback with the first goal and an assist on the game-tying goal by that overpaid hack Sanheim, who is definitely not yet a top pair defenseman (yes folks, that's called sarcasm).

Again, no shame here at all. Saros had a .949 save percentage and was shutting everything down. It's truly unfortunate how early the game ended in overtime however. Ersson stopped a shot by Forsberg and instead of instantly blowing the whistle (as refs often do), the ref waited until the puck dropped to his pad and eventually behind him. Forsberg was able to get there first and tap it into an empty net.

This would've probably been a great game to watch as a neutral fan, but as a Flyer fan, it was fucking excruciating given how well we played and how little we were rewarded for it.

Bring on the Caps Thursday night!! They are only 2 points back, but have 3 games in hand. So, this is an enormous opportunity to keep them behind us in the standings.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as trades are concerned, Couturier is a stud and he plays the game the right way too. If there's one guy that you're going to keep as the backbone of the squad for years to come, it is him. Sure, you could likely trade him, but he has the no-movement clause and probably has more value to us than anyone else regardless. Just keep him and he's the ideal role model for our youngsters moving forward.

I would only trade away Walker/Seeler at the deadline and if they both were not interested in re-signing with us at the right price. If that's accurate, you move them both because they will be pending UFA's. You can't make the mistake of letting them both just walk away for more money in the offseason.

Obviously we can all agree that Risto is the one player who is absolutely signed for too long and definitely making too much money for what he provides out on the ice. You move him to the highest bidder whenever humanly possible.

Hart is still under team control as a RFA. Do everything you can to keep him. If he's unhappy or is seeking a massive contract, then things change.

Konecny still has another season left. If we have to move him next season, so be it, but it better be for an absolute haul. I would much rather be able to keep him long-term at the right price because he is only 26 years old and is proving to be an elite scorer for the second straight season. Again, I would love to keep him, but if he truly wants to go, there's not much that we can do about that.

Laughton still has two seasons left beyond this one. Don't move him unless you get a dream offer.

We're in a strong position here. Sure, we're rebuilding, but the team is playing extremely well. There is no rush to be shipping people out of the building left and right. The pressure is on other teams to give us a generous enough offer for whomever they want.

Last edited:

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as trades are concerned, Couturier is a stud and he plays the game the right way too. If there's one guy that you're going to keep as the backbone of the squad for years to come, it is him. Sure, you could likely trade him, but he has the no-movement clause and probably has more value to us than anyone else regardless. Just keep him and he's the ideal role model for our youngsters moving forward.

I would only trade away Walker/Seeler at the deadline and if they both were not interested in re-signing with us at the right price. If that's accurate, you move them both because they will be pending UFA's. You can't make the mistake of letting them both just walk away for more money in the offseason.

Obviously we can all agree that Risto is the one player who is absolutely signed for too long and definitely making too much money for what he provides out on the ice. You move him to the highest bidder whenever humanly possible.

Hart is still under team control as a RFA. Do everything you can to keep him. If he's unhappy or is seeking a massive contract, then things change.

Konecny still has another season left. If we have to move him next season, so be it, but it better be for an absolute haul. I would much rather be able to keep him long-term at the right price because he is only 26 years old and is proving to be an elite scorer for the second straight season. Again, I would love to keep him, but if he truly wants to go, there's not much that we can do about that.

Laughton still has two seasons left beyond this one. Don't move him unless you get a dream offer.

We're in a strong position here. Sure, we're rebuilding, but the team is playing extremely well. There is no rush to be shipping people out of the building left and right. The pressure is on other teams to give us a generous enough offer for whomever they want.
Hopefully they can pull a Braun with Walker and Seeler. Trade them for a decent pick and resign as FAs.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After reading through your posts I'm convinced you aren't capable of following your own thoughts. Good job.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully they can pull a Braun with Walker and Seeler. Trade them for a decent pick and resign as FAs.
Walker makes $2.75 million now and will probably be offered $3.5-4 million in the free agency market.

If we signed Walker after trading him with the contract of Risto and Sanheim already on the team we would be tying up 17.5% of the cap in those three guys.

Zamula ,Hart , Tippett and Brink all RFAs next year with TK and Laughton UFAs the season after.

I hope Danny B pulls some nifty moves and finds a way to keep this squad together as its a joy watching this season but it may be impossible.