• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023-24 Flyers: What's new is old again.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one good thing is there is no need to rush any of these players back.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I
I dont think they will ever go back to 5 on 5. Even the all star game is 3 on 3 the entire game. The NHL likes the open ice.
They won't, but adding stupid things like a half court rule makes it less entertaining, back passing and getting a good rush started is the entertainment

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our PP is abysmal, all these fuckin beasts we have on this team and we're 0-26 on our PP. Get the fuck out of here with this shitty team. Hart is this team period! If you think differently you know fuckin nothing about hockey! There is no argument here.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the fact we are on a three-game winning streak and with 17 points and an 8-7-1 record, we are right there to take the next step. Owen Tippett, Travis Konecny and Ryan Poehling scored goals for the Flyers, who have outscored opponents 13-6 in this streak. Getting Hart back is also a huge deal for us because he seems to gel the team better on any given game. Torts has got the Flyers moving in the right direction. We will need a couple pieces more to get to where all of us want the Flyers to be-Contending for the Cup!!

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's one for ya, go back to one ot 5 on 5. Shoot out to follow, problem solved!
I love 3v3 OT hockey.

I wouldn't mind seeing a rule where once you cross center ice, you can't go back.
Then, once you cross the blue line, you can't go back out.

I also don't think they should switch sides, so that your defensive end is near your bench to start the OT.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our PP is abysmal, all these fuckin beasts we have on this team and we're 0-26 on our PP. Get the fuck out of here with this shitty team. Hart is this team period! If you think differently you know fuckin nothing about hockey! There is no argument here.
We have as many SH goals as PP goals.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the fact we are on a three-game winning streak and with 17 points and an 8-7-1 record, we are right there to take the next step. Owen Tippett, Travis Konecny and Ryan Poehling scored goals for the Flyers, who have outscored opponents 13-6 in this streak. Getting Hart back is also a huge deal for us because he seems to gel the team better on any given game. Torts has got the Flyers moving in the right direction. We will need a couple pieces more to get to where all of us want the Flyers to be-Contending for the Cup!!
Hopefully those pieces come in the form of Brink Gauthier and Foerester whenever he decides he needs to score to stay in the league.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are these beasts that you speak of? Cutter Gauthier and Matvei Michkov will defiantly help the future, but the Flyers have never seem too concerned with a good PP. Can't remember the last time they were a top 10.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are these beasts that you speak of? Cutter Gauthier and Matvei Michkov will defiantly help the future, but the Flyers have never seem too concerned with a good PP. Can't remember the last time they were a top 10.
2013-14 we were 8th. That's only like a decade ago :pound:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hart played really good and had excellent rebound control last night but 30 blocked shots in front of him had a little bit to do with the win.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hart played really good and had excellent rebound control last night but 30 blocked shots in front of him had a little bit to do with the win.
I get that, probably half those blocks were from Seeler. I get that we're not that great, and we have no killer instinct with a lead, but Torts has to roll the dice sooner or later and put together a new PP unit. I also honestly believe Coots is still hurt or hurting. His time could be up sooner than later, which sucks cause I've always liked him and his heart, but watching him be timid in the corners last night really made me think he's very nervous about contact. Hope I'm wrong. I know right now that there is so much wrong with this team, but it sucks watching some of this stuff even when we win. Also another middle of the pack pick in the draft probably won't help either.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that, probably half those blocks were from Seeler. I get that we're not that great, and we have no killer instinct with a lead, but Torts has to roll the dice sooner or later and put together a new PP unit. I also honestly believe Coots is still hurt or hurting. His time could be up sooner than later, which sucks cause I've always liked him and his heart, but watching him be timid in the corners last night really made me think he's very nervous about contact. Hope I'm wrong. I know right now that there is so much wrong with this team, but it sucks watching some of this stuff even when we win. Also another middle of the pack pick in the draft probably won't help either.
The way its going unless we have major injuries like last season or trade away anyone with value we will probably be in the middle of the pack in the draft as per usual. The trick is to make a solid pick and get a star from that position. Not every great player was picked top 3.

side note: Poehling and Sanheim lead us with 4 blocks each.

As far as Couts you know he's a "beast" so he cant be timid when it comes to contact . :pound: :pound: :pound:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree chy. Every Cup team has a very good PP lineup and excellent defense. The Flyers are not there yet on either area and alot of it has do with Briere being hand-tied by the previous FO and coaching of two useful idiots! The other reason is Briere's draft is somewhat questionable compared to what and whom he could have selected!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way its going unless we have major injuries like last season or trade away anyone with value we will probably be in the middle of the pack in the draft as per usual. The trick is to make a solid pick and get a star from that position. Not every great player was picked top 3.

side note: Poehling and Sanheim lead us with 4 blocks each.

As far as Couts you know he's a "beast" so he cant be timid when it comes to contact . :pound: :pound: :pound:
Yep never know what the draft will hold. Very few Makers and McDavids out there. I'd like to have an all around blue collar Captain for staters, and at least another if not 2 more solid defensemen, and maybe a sniper. I know we have Gautier and the Russian cat but know is the time to add so when those guys come, they start to gel together and build chemistry.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep never know what the draft will hold. Very few Makers and McDavids out there. I'd like to have an all around blue collar Captain for staters, and at least another if not 2 more solid defensemen, and maybe a sniper. I know we have Gautier and the Russian cat but know is the time to add so when those guys come, they start to gel together and build chemistry.
Hopefully we make a couple of good trades that can get us a top five pick this summer.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree chy. Every Cup team has a very good PP lineup and excellent defense. The Flyers are not there yet on either area and alot of it has do with Briere being hand-tied by the previous FO and coaching of two useful idiots! The other reason is Briere's draft is somewhat questionable compared to what and whom he could have selected!
Agree drafting two goalies in rounds 2 and 3 wasn't the best move for a team starving for offense.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree drafting two goalies in rounds 2 and 3 wasn't the best move for a team starving for offense.
Those selections compared to what Briere could have done which would build our offense or if unavailable, improve our defense!