• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023-24 Flyers: What's new is old again.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im trying to figure out why Foerster hasn't sat yet and Frost keeps getting put in the press box.
Me too, Forester has been less then spectacular, I'd really like to see Delaureis(sp) see less games for some youth. We don't need a tough guy every game and I think Hathaway and Seeler could bring some fisticuffs if needed

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too, Forester has been less then spectacular, I'd really like to see Delaureis(sp) see less games for some youth. We don't need a tough guy every game and I think Hathaway and Seeler could bring some fisticuffs if needed
I mean Foerster has played good so far but i think Frost is just the better player of the two. If you want to play Foerster because he young get Poehling out of there.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  1. PHILADELPHIA, PENNSYLVANIA - OCTOBER 26:  Bobby Brink #10 of the Philadelphia Flyers celebrates Sean Couturier #14 (not pictured) second period goal with teammates against the Minnesota Wild at the Wells Fargo Center on October 26, 2023 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.  (Photo by Len Redkoles/NHLI via Getty Images)

Len Redkoles/NHLI via Getty Images
    While the Philadelphia Flyers have had some surprising early success (never mind that loss to San Jose...), a key reason for that has been rookie forward Bobby Brink.
    Brink is one of the Flyers' top scorers, and his eight points (five goals, three assists) have given Philadelphia a surprise source of offense early on. He was a second-round pick in 2019 (34th overall), and after a few seasons at the University of Denver, joined the Flyers in April.
    While Brink piled up points with the Pioneers, his immediate transition to the NHL and early success this season showed they very well may have struck gold. He's shown early on that he's a solid possession player and helps drive shot attempts and helps the Flyers earn the majority of quality scoring chances when he's on the ice.
    Much of the Flyers' positivity this season has come from having Sean Couturier and Cam Atkinson back from injury, but the play of Brink has helped give them more depth up front and can help them get better matchups in games. If Brink can stay steady with his offense, it'll be a huge help for the Flyers' ability to shorten their rebuild.
    Grade: B+

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  1. PHILADELPHIA, PENNSYLVANIA - OCTOBER 26:  Bobby Brink #10 of the Philadelphia Flyers celebrates Sean Couturier #14 (not pictured) second period goal with teammates against the Minnesota Wild at the Wells Fargo Center on October 26, 2023 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.  (Photo by Len Redkoles/NHLI via Getty Images)

Len Redkoles/NHLI via Getty Images
    While the Philadelphia Flyers have had some surprising early success (never mind that loss to San Jose...), a key reason for that has been rookie forward Bobby Brink.
    Brink is one of the Flyers' top scorers, and his eight points (five goals, three assists) have given Philadelphia a surprise source of offense early on. He was a second-round pick in 2019 (34th overall), and after a few seasons at the University of Denver, joined the Flyers in April.
    While Brink piled up points with the Pioneers, his immediate transition to the NHL and early success this season showed they very well may have struck gold. He's shown early on that he's a solid possession player and helps drive shot attempts and helps the Flyers earn the majority of quality scoring chances when he's on the ice.
    Much of the Flyers' positivity this season has come from having Sean Couturier and Cam Atkinson back from injury, but the play of Brink has helped give them more depth up front and can help them get better matchups in games. If Brink can stay steady with his offense, it'll be a huge help for the Flyers' ability to shorten their rebuild.
    Grade: B+
Who's his normal linemates now?

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean Foerster has played good so far but i think Frost is just the better player of the two. If you want to play Foerster because he young get Poehling out of there.
Either or both, get a couple youngster's up and in the mix. Sooner than later we're gonna be falling behind in our division, we can't keep losing and expect to make up a huge amount of difference in the end, we're just not built like that. That being said, need to start looking at what some of your future holds.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is largely just a young team that is still finding it's way. We're fun to watch, but we're also very inconsistent from night to night. There will probably be some growing pains, especially against the top teams moving forward, until we collectively learn how to close out games.

The vets are coming though and the youngsters are learning. If they don't, they'll be benched.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3