• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023-24 Flyers: What's new is old again.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last season :

Screenshot-2023-11-05-at-2.15.23-PM.png
Its no coincidence that 10 of the best teams in the league are a the 30 and above level.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm not mistaken we went into SJ early last season and they were the worst team in the league. I believe we got shut out by Sandstrom. Please god let us score 5 goals tonight and cruise to an easy victory!!!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm not mistaken we went into SJ early last season and they were the worst team in the league. I believe we got shut out by Sandstrom. Please god let us score 5 goals tonight and cruise to an easy victory!!!
5 goals is probably enough, I'd hate to hang another 10 spot on these kids. Organization Should be embarrassed.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 goals is probably enough, I'd hate to hang another 10 spot on these kids. Organization Should be embarrassed.
Anywhere between 5-10 I'm happy with. If we get shut out again or lose the fan base will not be happy.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so we're back to reality with this dumpster fire of a team.
For the record for all who post here, there are NO BEASTS on this squad, absolutely 0! If there were they'd show their roar more than once every 10 game or so.
I'm looking at Coots, Hart, Laughton and probably TK to be gone at the trade deadline. Got to get some decent returns coming back to camp

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record for all who post here, there are NO BEASTS on this squad, absolutely 0! If there were they'd show their roar more than once every 10 game or so.
I'm looking at Coots, Hart, Laughton and probably TK to be gone at the trade deadline. Got to get some decent returns coming back to camp

Rebuilding will take some time. To be honest, I don't want them close to the playoffs around the trade deadline. I want them to be in full sell mode and not be tricked in to thinking this team is closer than it is. That was and is still the biggest concern I have with the hiring of Torts. He does get a lot of guys. But getting a lot out of mid-tier guys doesn't make you a cup contender. The organization can't be tricked by that like the Blue Jackets were and like the Islanders were with Trotz. Need to have the talent. Hopefully Gauthier and probably Michkov represent some of that talent. But they're going to need more than that.

Coots will be 33 when Michkov comes over. TK (29) and Hart (28) will both be on new contracts. Chances are they'll be expensive and they'll go in to their mid to late 30s. Need to make an honest assessment of what that 2026-27 team will look like before going down that path because it means tying up a lot of cap space on guys that will age out of 'top of the lineup' caliber pretty quickly after. Will that 2026-27 team be good enough that you're willing to throw all your eggs in to the first 2-4 years of Michkov?

Personally, I don't think so. The defense is missing at least a cup contending top pair and I don't see a path that would give me confidence to go all in on those first few Michkov seasons at the risk of Michkov's prime being spent on a team with overpaid guys in their mid 30s. They probably don't have any top pair guys in the organization right now. York and Sanheim (30) are reasonable, though not outstanding, 2nd pair guys. Hopefully Bonk is another one. Andrae, maybe carves out a role. Maybe you have the 2nd and 3rd pair figured out. But I don't have any faith in free agency and/or trading to get a #1 and a #2 dman. They don't have the assets to trade for one on a reasonable contract, and UFA deals rarely result in success. I don't think you can rely on that to get a #1 AND a #2. There's gotta be a pick or prospect to fill at least one of those roles. The way to get there is being bad enough to draft in the top 5, and maximizing the return for guys that won't be on the next contending Flyers team.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rebuilding will take some time. To be honest, I don't want them close to the playoffs around the trade deadline. I want them to be in full sell mode and not be tricked in to thinking this team is closer than it is. That was and is still the biggest concern I have with the hiring of Torts. He does get a lot of guys. But getting a lot out of mid-tier guys doesn't make you a cup contender. The organization can't be tricked by that like the Blue Jackets were and like the Islanders were with Trotz. Need to have the talent. Hopefully Gauthier and probably Michkov represent some of that talent. But they're going to need more than that.

Coots will be 33 when Michkov comes over. TK (29) and Hart (28) will both be on new contracts. Chances are they'll be expensive and they'll go in to their mid to late 30s. Need to make an honest assessment of what that 2026-27 team will look like before going down that path because it means tying up a lot of cap space on guys that will age out of 'top of the lineup' caliber pretty quickly after. Will that 2026-27 team be good enough that you're willing to throw all your eggs in to the first 2-4 years of Michkov?

Personally, I don't think so. The defense is missing at least a cup contending top pair and I don't see a path that would give me confidence to go all in on those first few Michkov seasons at the risk of Michkov's prime being spent on a team with overpaid guys in their mid 30s. They probably don't have any top pair guys in the organization right now. York and Sanheim (30) are reasonable, though not outstanding, 2nd pair guys. Hopefully Bonk is another one. Andrae, maybe carves out a role. Maybe you have the 2nd and 3rd pair figured out. But I don't have any faith in free agency and/or trading to get a #1 and a #2 dman. They don't have the assets to trade for one on a reasonable contract, and UFA deals rarely result in success. I don't think you can rely on that to get a #1 AND a #2. There's gotta be a pick or prospect to fill at least one of those roles. The way to get there is being bad enough to draft in the top 5, and maximizing the return for guys that won't be on the next contending Flyers team.
I'm with you on all of this, I think now is the time to see who or what could bring you a top tier dman and maybe go after a top prospect via draft. It sucks that we have so much money tied up in players who are no longer with us or not worth what they're being paid. I guess the biggest question is, can we keep players interested in staying here long term.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I pretty much said this exact same thing in a shorter version a week or two ago. It didn't sit well with some poster on here and she/he was not happy that i pointed out the obvious. Its a rebuild not a retool so everyone who has value needs to go.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon now stop it, you know Couts is a "beast" :pound: :pound: :pound::pound:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing like losing $250 believing your team can beat the worst team in the league except for doubling down after trailing 1-0 and losing $500 on the new worst team in the league. :L

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Purdue this is the funniest thing I've seen all college football season.
If you can’t field a competitive team, at least have the best mascot. Hmmmmmm do you see a theme here ?

With last nights loss to the worst team on the ice - I am happy with my decision not to give Disney money via an espn+ subscription. I haven’t been able to see a game yet.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can’t field a competitive team, at least have the best mascot. Hmmmmmm do you see a theme here ?

With last nights loss to the worst team on the ice - I am happy with my decision not to give Disney money via an espn+ subscription. I haven’t been able to see a game yet.
I just assumed we would win last night but i guess my assumption was dead wrong.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im trying to figure out why Foerster hasn't sat yet and Frost keeps getting put in the press box.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No one is trading you top Dmen prospects or Dmen in their prime. Sucking until you find one isn't a plan either. Have to get the most out of what you have while you have it.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is trading you top Dmen prospects or Dmen in their prime. Sucking until you find one isn't a plan either. Have to get the most out of what you have while you have it.
Problem we have is our defense has been relatively decent this season. Our defense hasn't been our most glaring need. If TK doesn't score we cant get more than 2 goals in a game. We've scored less than 3 goals in 7 of our 12 games.