• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Season

Maximus Rex

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,357.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of pieces in place already, a very satisfying season with the way things started….Looked ugly early, but lots to build on…..

Yep. Improvements need to be the games where they inexplicably couldn't stop the run, allowing too much QB pressure, Dionte drops and footwork, and Kenny overthrowing way too often. Running game looked great today, keep that up and we might see a playoff team next year if a couple of those first things mentioned can be fixed.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as we can talk about the improvements that need to be done by the players, we need to get some competent coaching in here. There's obviously something wrong with the offense and the solution isn't Pickett, Diontae or other players getting better, it's coaching being better.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuckin Browns

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns got to watch the Steelers violate Watson all game. They want some of that.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to give this team a ton of credit for turning the season around. I truly hope it doesn't stamp Canada's ticket for another season.

Anyway a few weeks ago this was me:

But having a chance the final week was pretty cool to watch.
Good news I was hoping for that early 1st round pick but getting that early second from the Bears will make it an easier pill to swallow.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way way too early draft talk time.

WR, OT/OG, DT, DE, ILB Not necessarily in that order.

I could see ILB in the first as easily as anything else (Trenton Simpson or Noah Sewell). I also wouldn't mind coming away with Jordan Addison, or Broderick Jones.

I know I shouldn't want the Steelers to draft a CB, that never turns out well. But Cam Smith from the Cocks....

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to give this team a ton of credit for turning the season around. I truly hope it doesn't stamp Canada's ticket for another season.

Anyway a few weeks ago this was me:

But having a chance the final week was pretty cool to watch.
Good news I was hoping for that early 1st round pick but getting that early second from the Bears will make it an easier pill to swallow.
I'll admit, before the Raiders game I was rooting for that door to be closed... Just didn't see much of a point of getting to the playoffs just to become the doorstep to another contender. Good for morale for such a young nucleus, and would have motivated the hell out of everyone for next year. Which I think they achieved by being SO CLOSE to making it.

Hats off to the staff & team for turning things around. I hate to be a stick in the mud, but I do have to point out that this is Tomlin's M-O every year, which is both good & bad. Hate that this team always has to underachieve before it can achieve. But its more acceptable in a rebuild year.

I still have some concerns over this team's "winning ways". I love a defense that can hold opponents under 20 pts per game, but they were achieving this against Andy Dalton, Matt Ryan, Marcus Mariota, Sam Darnold, Derek Carr, Tyler Huntley x2, and Deshaun Watson... It's really not that impressive if you look at the actual competition & not the W/L column lol. Fools gold sotospeak. I wasn't buying that they were a "dangerous team" if they made the playoffs.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a positive note at least Johnson didn't break Al Toons record of most receiving yards in a season w/o a TD.

Anyway that offense still wasn't great. I truly think it got better as Pickett gained confidence and making plays as needed.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll admit, before the Raiders game I was rooting for that door to be closed... Just didn't see much of a point of getting to the playoffs just to become the doorstep to another contender. Good for morale for such a young nucleus, and would have motivated the hell out of everyone for next year. Which I think they achieved by being SO CLOSE to making it.

Hats off to the staff & team for turning things around. I hate to be a stick in the mud, but I do have to point out that this is Tomlin's M-O every year, which is both good & bad. Hate that this team always has to underachieve before it can achieve. But its more acceptable in a rebuild year.

I still have some concerns over this team's "winning ways". I love a defense that can hold opponents under 20 pts per game, but they were achieving this against Andy Dalton, Matt Ryan, Marcus Mariota, Sam Darnold, Derek Carr, Tyler Huntley x2, and Deshaun Watson... It's really not that impressive if you look at the actual competition & not the W/L column lol. Fools gold sotospeak. I wasn't buying that they were a "dangerous team" if they made the playoffs.
Same. I am glad they didn't make it because they would have been destroyed. This was probably the better outcome for the young offensive core vs making the playoffs and shitting the bed.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnson is a shifty possession receiver, not a #1 WR playmaker.

But he's a possession receiver who can't be relied on to catch the ball consistently. He's a fucking roulette wheel.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnson is a shifty possession receiver, not a #1 WR playmaker.

But he's a possession receiver who can't be relied on to catch the ball consistently. He's a fucking roulette wheel.
Nailed it. He went right back to his 2020 ways. Very disappointing after such a promising 2021 season. I think it helped that Ben was still quite accurate, even if his knees were hindering him. I think KP struggled with anticipating DJ's routes most of the year. DJ is so much faster in & out of his breaks than anyone else, and KP has struggled to connect with him consistently. But more often than not, KP delivered (even if the ball was early) & DJ just failed to secure the damn ball.

TheBurgh88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

This 100%

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every 17th overall since Jervis:
2014: C.J. Mosley, LB (PB)
2015: Arik Armistead, DE
2016: Keanu Neal, S (PB)
2017: Jonathan Allen (PB)
2018: Jaire Alexander, CB (PB)
2019: Dexter Lawrence, DT (PB)
2020: CeeDee Lamb, WR (PB)

2021: Alex Leatherwood, OT (Trash)
2022: Zion Johnson, OG (Rookie)
2023: ???

It's actually a REALLY good list, except for Leatherwood.